Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    He's subverting cliches with even more overdone cliches.
    It's actually going around the bush so much the bush vanished. His cliches have cliches. His tropes have tropes. HIS TROPES TROPES HAVE TROPES.

True Tropeception. Someone make sure the staff over at TVTropes is still breathing. This may have been too much to handle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    -You lost soldiers, I lost my brothers and sisters
    - Do you remember when I started crying at my son's funeral after Second Coming?
    -That does not count
    -WHY?
    -Because I do not want it to count.
    -You didn't even made a speech at your son's funeral Scott.You saw him as a soldier.You made him the leader of kill-force.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    “It’s always the Scott and Jean story or Scott and Logan story, and the rest of us are jsut cannon fodder and supporting characters for your story” -says the writer who made this a Scott and Logan story while butchering the mutant metaphor and killing off so many mutants. Doing what is expected and then commenting on it isn’t subversive, Matthew.
    Heh, reminded of my feelings for Slott Spider-Man post-Secret Wars.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It's like Rosenberg has never actually heard of Scott, Hope, Emma, Magik, or Alex and is just going on what Jason Aaron and Jordan White told him.
    Right? It's like he's just writing to get to his end with no actual legit characters acting like themselves and just blame everything on Scott which makes no sense. Or the support cast line it's like this whole run was to take the piss out of scott.

X-continuity. I can find a scan of Cyclops willing to die for all humans and I can find one of him dumping Calibans corpse in the back.

During the Extinction era of Second coming there wasn't time to mourn. And Scott even said that you can tell at it him after he gets them through it.

Also this book was powered by democracy but I guess shes referring to the decision of reforming the X-Men

Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

What if... she's just mad that he can be with Emma and Roseberg's last issue is just about setting up this board's cursed romance?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Dazzler would love that she's a Scemma shipper.

Cyclops really had a phase that he treated his team of mutants as expendable. Good call from Rosenberg have Dani call him on it
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-11-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It's like Rosenberg has never actually heard of Scott, Hope, Emma, Magik, or Alex and is just going on what Jason Aaron and Jordan White told him.
    Or...my theory that someone got embarrassed that Scott looked like the hero to nearly everyone that read AvX and has been trying to force that for years is right.

One day, someone will write a "Marvel Comics: The Untold Story" type of book about this period of Marvel and will confirm this, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Cyclops really had a my team of mutants are expendable. Good call from Rosenberg have Dani call him on it

Or maybe Rosenberg is secretly spirit2011? That would explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I mean, i know that Scott isn't the friendliest X-Men, but Dani's speech is just so....weird, like how did you come to that conclusion?
    How could his Moon-babe say that to him? THIS SCOTT DANI SHIP...IS OVER

Boy, Scott sure sounds depressed. I'd suggest he go check up on Dust, as seeing the Champions again might cheer him up - but unfortunately, four of the founders and both of his immediate replacements are currently off duty.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Cyclops really had a my team of mutants are expendable. Good call from Rosenberg have Dani call him on it
    I would assume you only read books from Jason Aaron, but I remembered that you didn't read anything post-Morrison, so now I'm confused.

BANNED

Rosenberg is permanently pretending it's like 2011 when it comes to the in-universe discourse. I'm surprised nobody brought up X-Force yet. It's also why this run keeps acting like Cyclops died in AvX or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Boy, Scott sure sounds depressed. I'd suggest he go check up on Dust, as seeing the team again might cheer him up - but unfortunately, four of the founders and both of his immediate replacements are currently off duty.
    The theme of this series as per Rosenberg was mental health and depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

What if... she's just mad that he can be with Emma and Roseberg's last issue is just about setting up this board's cursed romance?
    So this was botched flirting attempt?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.