Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Uh, I didn't get Dani's Point here.

Can anyone enlighten me???
    Scott= WRONG, EVIL, BECAUSE....REASONS!

Essentially, the X-men office since 2011.

BANNED

Ask the real X-office.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That's goes against what JDW was saying. Unless editorial wants to finally explain why Scott = Hitler for the last four years.
    What JDW said? that he wouldn't bring past runs into this? or do Scott a redemption story?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Rosenberg simply likes to make a completely straight cliche and in the end say "Hey, this was a cliché" and hope to get a medal.

There is more intelligent meta comment in Scary Movie 5 than in this.
    I feel like Rosenberg beat meta into readers like a brick. I works for past runs but not for this one.

As Snopp said, she is basically saying that he is not the only one that has suffered and that he needs to get over himself. but is worded in such a weird way (while trying to make a half assed meta commentary) that just come across as Dani guilt tripping him into doing something.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

It seems Dani is upset with Scott because he deliberately created the X-men while knowing it could lead to their deaths. At the same time, she thinks Scott views them as nothing more than soldiers fighting a war. At least that's what I think.

That being said, I don't know why she twisted the direction into something that doesn't make a lot of sense. As if Scott wanted to keep the "normal"mutants alive.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-11-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    What JDW said? that he wouldn't bring past runs into this? or do Scott a redemption story?
    He said on one of the Mondays that explaining why Scott was wrong will not happen and that writers that go after him will be talking about current events only.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It ended because he thought Scott went there to rescue him, but actually went there for Elixir. It was the last straw.
    I guest that Logan feel that he was thrown aside for a younger man. probably not the first time.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Scott told them it would be a dangerous mission in which people could die, Dani thought he was lying and that he was leading them to a safe place and he would save them all, Scott was serious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Scott told them it would be a dangerous mission in which people could die, Dani thought he was lying and that he was leading them to a safe place and he would save them all, Scott was serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It seems Dani is upset with Scott because he deliberately created the X-men while knowing it could lead to their deaths. At the same time, she thinks Scott views them as nothing more than soldiers fighting a war.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    As Snopp said, she is basically saying that he is not the only one that has suffered and that he needs to get over himself. but is worded in such a weird way (while trying to make a half assed meta commentary) that just come across as Dani guilt tripping him into doing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Ask the real X-office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Scott= WRONG, EVIL, BECAUSE....REASONS!

Essentially, the X-men office since 2011.
    Thanks ALL OF YOU.

As I was reading it just seemed like she was just rambling on and I was just trying to figure out where are you going with this Dani??

But thanks for the Clarification ALL OF YOU.

In today's episode of "Being(or trying to be) meta and self-aware doesn't necessarily mean it's good":

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    "Scott, you lost a son (many times), a daughter, a wife (3 times the same one), a father figure, essentially all your friends, has been killed, had one of the worst psychopaths of all time in your head for months, was a guinea pig for Sinister when you were a kid, went mentally insane when you got the Phoenix against your will, has been hunted down by your government and rejected by your friends...but you have a chance to do it with Emma now, so your life is easy".

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    He said on one of the Mondays that explaining why Scott was wrong will not happen and that writers that go after him will be talking about current events only.
    Sure they are using the events of this run, but it is really talking about past runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    In today's episode of "Being(or trying to be) meta and self-aware doesn't necessarily mean it's good":
    I do not know what we could expect from a writer who started this story with "All X-Men stories are the same" in a pretentious black background.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    "Scott, you lost a son (many times), a daughter, a wife (3 times the same one), a father figure, essentially all your friends, has been killed, had one of the worst psychopaths of all time in your head for months, was a guinea pig for Sinister when you were a kid, went mentally insane when you got the Phoenix against your will, has been hunted down by your government and rejected by your friends...but you have a chance to do it with Emma now, so your life is easy".
    Pana, i never said that i agreed with it, just saying that was the intention. Even with that, i don't think that it makes a lot sense so it come across as flat to me.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

It is only bad if Cyclops does it, it doesn't matter if other characters commit genocide or mind rape people. Scott is just evil, everybody else is a saint even if they do horrible things it is Scott's fault.
    I love double standards.