Page 26 of 97 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

I remembered that I forgot to mention Red X #12 is the final issue of the series, as I intended from the start. I know what I'm replacing it with, but I haven't 100% figured out the details yet. (Which characters I'll keep etc.)

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I remembered that I forgot to mention Red X #12 is the final issue of the series, as I intended from the start. I know what I'm replacing it with, but I haven't 100% figured out the details yet. (Which characters I'll keep etc.)
    I thought it was a really fun concept. Well executed, to boot. Excited to see where you head next.

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    I thought it was a really fun concept. Well executed, to boot. Excited to see where you head next.
    So true. Red X was a truly original series that makes me jealous. This is the type of work we should all aspire to. Thank you for your monthly solicitations, H-E-D. They are most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    So true. Red X was a truly original series that makes me jealous. This is the type of work we should all aspire to. Thank you for your monthly solicitations, H-E-D. They are most welcome.
    Seconded! Red X crushes every month. Sad to see it end but I’m confident it’s replacement will live up to its legacy!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

This is a dumb idea I just needed to shed from my brain.

The Many Romances of Dick Grayson:
    Cupid has found a new obsession in Nightwing. But the cassanova of the DC Universe holds the keys to many hearts. Cupid will need to thin out the competition if she’s to have any chance.

Then each episode would be her harassing some new ex of Dick’s. So one issue we’ve got Starfire, another Barbara, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Seconded! Red X crushes every month. Sad to see it end but I’m confident it’s replacement will live up to its legacy!
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone. What follows will definitely continue the Legacy of Red X – I'm even considering calling it Red X: Season 2, in the style of the current Green Lantern comic by Morrison and Sharp.

I'm going to keeping Dick Grayson – though, he won't be going by Red X anymore, even if the comic is.

Looks like my titles will need to take August off...my apologies for that. I'm having some PC issues and I lost my files, it's going to take some time to re-do everything.

I'll still get my purchases in though! And we'll have extra-sized issues in September!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Looks like my titles will need to take August off...my apologies for that. I'm having some PC issues and I lost my files, it's going to take some time to re-do everything.

I'll still get my purchases in though! And we'll have extra-sized issues in September!
    No worries! We all fear losing files.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

So I've been on a JSA kick recently, what with watching Stargirl. And I was reading their wiki article recently and saw this: "The first JSA story featured the team's first meeting, with a framing sequence for each member telling a story of an individual exploit. In the next issue, the team worked together on a common case, but each story from there on still featured the members individually on a mission involving part of the case, and then banding together in the end to wrap things up."

That, combined with the curious absence of a Justice League comic in this 'verse (understandably, given the big characters involved) made me wonder if such a thing could ever work again.

Any JSA recs in general? She's not a member, but I flipped through some old Ma Hunkel (Red Tornado) stuff that was cool. Definitely a unique character that I might try to do something with (hint hint) at some point.

I'm probably going to be freeing up Alan Scott, Jade and Obsidian soon. I mean, granted, I kinda made Alan morally compromised. And based Jade and Obsidian on their Tangent Comics counterparts (ie https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Jade_(Earth-9)) with a smidge of Ame-Comi mixed in (https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Jade_Yifei_(Ame-Comi)).

I'm still figuring it out, but, maybe?

Can’t say I’ve read much great JSA stuff myself, though I can confirm we decided on no Justice League title when we relaunched the line for exactly the reason you suspected: the book would claim all the big characters rather than spreading the wealth.

However, there might be some hopes of collaborative JL specials and events in the future. In fact, you will see the seeds of this in the next issue of our first major event: Starro Wars #2!

Sales totals for last month are up!

New solicitations and point adjustments coming soon!

Hi. I have had a lot of fun playing this game but I am unfortunately going to have to stop. I am unable to send solicitations and play consistently so i think I should call it. I have one final batch of issues for both DC Next Dawn and Age of Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Hi. I have had a lot of fun playing this game but I am unfortunately going to have to stop. I am unable to send solicitations and play consistently so i think I should call it. I have one final batch of issues for both DC Next Dawn and Age of Marvels.
    Very sorry to see you go, KC. You’ve been a valued contributor to these solicitation games for years now and you will be missed. We know life happens though. I hope you won’t be a stranger and that you know, if you change your mind, there’s always a place here for you!

To everyone else, it’s tough on the game to lose a long-term member. If you know anyone else (on these forums or elsewhere) who might be interested in joining, please reach out! You’ll get reward points and help the solicitations keep rolling! I’m also willing to hear any recruitment ideas.

With KC’s departure, this frees up ACTION and DETECTIVE - and DC’s two most popular characters, Superman and Batman. If anyone wants to cash in points and jump on that for a third title (or pick up a second or even first book) now is the time! With those characters I’d consider it myself...

Why not? I'll plot a Superman-Batman book! Buddy cop movie with big CGI action sequences!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'