Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

My titles are sent in! Thanks for those who picked them up! I have some unusual stuff planned lol.

Edit: Did I send them to the right person lol?
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    I've got SWAMP THING: SEA OF GREEN #1 almost ready to go. I'm still struggling between using "a" and "the" in the second to last sentence.

Should I post my series pitch here first, or what?
    Yes, post here or PM me so we can get all the characters approved. If they’re not taken already, it should be fine and we can get your solicitation in this month. (Go with “the”!)

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    My titles are sent in! Thanks for those who picked them up! I have some unusual stuff planned lol.

Edit: Did I send them to the right person lol?
    Nx01a is the official solicitation poster, but I’ll make sure he gets anything that is sent to me.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Okey-doke. I already staked a claim to the characters earlier this month, so I think at least some of them are listed on the "unavailable" roster.

SWAMP THING: SEA OF GREEN
    Plotter: YOHEI72
    Writer: TOM KING
    Artist: JEROME OPEÑA
    Color Artist: MATT HOLLINGSWORTH

It's the 22nd century. Human industrial civilization has collapsed, and a much reduced population forges ahead in small nation-states and isolated settlements. In one community at the edge of a vast wilderness of swamp and forest, the people speak in whispers of “The Green God” who haunts its every tree and leaf. Frightening and sometimes dangerous as it is, this entity offers a degree of protection from the bizarre, demonic creatures who run riot in this world. The people don't know its true origins, and neither does it - the Avatar of the Green has left his humanity far behind, and remembers almost nothing of his mission to bridge the kingdoms of fauna and flora. But he's about to be reminded, and the memories unleashed will tell the story of how the world, and he, came to be what they are now.

Characters:
    Swamp Thing/Alec Holland
    Anton Arcane
    Abby Arcane
    Floronic Man/Jason Woodrue

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Okey-doke. I already staked a claim to the characters earlier this month, so I think at least some of them are listed on the "unavailable" roster.

SWAMP THING: SEA OF GREEN
    Plotter: YOHEI72
    Writer: TOM KING
    Artist: JEROME OPEÑA
    Color Artist: MATT HOLLINGSWORTH

It's the 22nd century. Human industrial civilization has collapsed, and a much reduced population forges ahead in small nation-states and isolated settlements. In one community at the edge of a vast wilderness of swamp and forest, the people speak in whispers of “The Green God” who haunts its every tree and leaf. Frightening and sometimes dangerous as it is, this entity offers a degree of protection from the bizarre, demonic creatures who run riot in this world. The people don't know its true origins, and neither does it - the Avatar of the Green has left his humanity far behind, and remembers almost nothing of his mission to bridge the kingdoms of fauna and flora. But he's about to be reminded, and the memories unleashed will tell the story of how the world, and he, came to be what they are now.

Characters:
    Swamp Thing/Alec Holland
    Anton Arcane
    Abby Arcane
    Floronic Man/Jason Woodrue
    The Floronic Man/Jason Woodrue has been claimed for the Question book

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Indeed, other than him looks good. You can have up to 13 characters Yohei72.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    That shameless two-timer!

I can do without him. Thanks for the reminder. I think that's all the existing characters I'll need - Swampie has a pretty small regular cast, and I've stranded him in the future anyway. I presume I can slot in more later if I find the need for them arising.

And not a moment too soon, just sent in #1 to nx01a.

I'll have the New Gods ready to go for next month.

As soon as the last month's numbers are posted, I'll be posting this month's solicits! You've got some extra time if you haven't sent me them yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Sales totals for August are up!

Red-X gon give it to ya!

And we’ve got great sales here overall! I want to sincerely thank everyone for making this reboot a success. Next Dawn is stronger than ever!

Stay tuned, I will be updating the reward point totals soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Sales totals for August are up!

Red-X gon give it to ya!

And we’ve got great sales here overall! I want to sincerely thank everyone for making this reboot a success. Next Dawn is stronger than ever!

Stay tuned, I will be updating the reward point totals soon!
    Big props to H-E-D and Red X!! Congrats!!

Great work and congrats to H-E-D!

I hope we continue to get turnout like this.

Oh wow, I'm surprised and humbled at the reception Red X has gotten. Thank you for all the kind words and interest. I'll try not to disappoint with the rest of the series!

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Reward Points

Here is the official reward points tally. Consider this your punch card. Reference our rewards list for what you can turn in your points for. Here’s how points are allotted:

You will get:
    *1 point for turning your monthly solicitation for the title in on time
    *1 point to each title you plot when you make your monthly purchases
    *2 points for being the highest selling title that month.

Punch Card

ACTION COMICS
    ✪✪✪

BAT-WING
    ✪✪✪

BATWOMAN
    ✪✪✪

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE
    ✪✪✪

DEADLY HANDS OF CONNOR HAWKE
    ✪✪✪

DETECTIVE COMICS
    ✪✪✪

THE FLASH
    ✪✪✪

GREEN LANTERN
    ✪✪✪

HOUSE OF MYSTERY
    ✪✪✪

JONAH HEX

LEGENDS OF THE MULTIVERSE
    ✪✪✪

MYSTERY IN SPACE
    ✪✪✪

THE OUTSIDERS
    ✪✪✪

THE QUESTION
    ✪✪✪

RED X
    ✪✪✪✪✪

SENSATION COMICS
    ✪✪✪

SIGNAL: WELCOME TO FREELAND
    ✪✪✪

SWAMP THING: SEA OF GREEN #1
    ✪✪

UNCANNY DEPTHS #1
    ✪✪

VERTIGONE

VILLAINS UNITED
    ✪✪✪

Timeliness points have been allotted to everyone who got their solicitations in on time and made their purchases! Red-X gets two extra for the sales victory!

Since next month’s books will be posted in October, I think Next Dawn should start the tradition and offer it’s first holiday special! I’m happy to announce NEXT DAWN HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1!

It will be an anthology one-shot of various stories from our characters with a holiday theme. If you would like to participate (no pressure, no pressure), send in a short solicitation for inclusion in the book - and since its a holiday, you can go crazy! In-continuity, out of continuity, its a celebration! Just send your story to me, I’ll assemble them into one big book and then forward it to nx01a for publication!

In the spirit of Halloween and Día de Muertos, the time of year when the spirits of the dead walk the earth, the creative teams on your stories can be composed of any writer and artist from history - including those who have passed beyond the veil!

Sound cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Since next month’s books will be posted in October, I think Next Dawn should start the tradition and offer it’s first holiday special! I’m happy to announce NEXT DAWN HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1!

It will be an anthology one-shot of various stories from our characters with a holiday theme. If you would like to participate (no pressure, no pressure), send in a short solicitation for inclusion in the book - and since its a holiday, you can go crazy! In-continuity, out of continuity, its a celebration! Just send your story to me, I’ll assemble them into one big book and then forward it to nx01a for publication!

In the spirit of Halloween and Día de Muertos, the time of year when the spirits of the dead walk the earth, the creative teams on your stories can be composed of any writer and artist from history - including those who have passed beyond the veil!

Sound cool?
    I'm all in on this. Awesome idea!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."