Page 46 of 97 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

You had me at CAW.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

House of S has cashed in six points to claim the Supermom herself, Lara Lor Van!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Announcing a seven issue mini-series taking place on Earth Two in 1947. For those who are unaware, a "truel" is a three way duel. Both Lex and Paula have their own teams fighting for their own countries.

7SVtruel.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Announcing a seven issue mini-series taking place on Earth Two in 1947. For those who are unaware, a "truel" is a three way duel. Both Lex and Paula have their own teams fighting for their own countries.
    The internet confirms that, indeed, “truel” is an actual word. Now I’m even more impressed with this event tie-in miniseries! Seven Soldiers of Victory seems interesting!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    The internet confirms that, indeed, “truel” is an actual word. Now I’m even more impressed with this event tie-in miniseries! Seven Soldiers of Victory seems interesting!
    Your strict selection standards of writers using actual words makes me all ghephastic inside.

In addition to “EARTH-2: 7SV: TRUEL #1-7", I also hope to do a four issue mini entitled:
    “EARTH-2: BRAVE AND THE BOLD #1-4" featuring the earth 2 versions of Renee Montoya as the Question and Jill Carlyle as The Crimson Avenger.

I need a plot for BatB as well as creative talent for both minis. I do know that Truel will have different artists on each chapter so I hope that isn't a problem for anyone that's currently being used. Writers and the BatB artist will be free of Next Dawn obligations.

I am really looking forward to this Earth 2 opportunity.

I'm also going to float the use of Brave and the Bold as an anthology team-up title after the E2 event is over.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    In addition to “EARTH-2: 7SV: TRUEL #1-7", I also hope to do a four issue mini entitled:
    “EARTH-2: BRAVE AND THE BOLD #1-4" featuring the earth 2 versions of Renee Montoya as the Question and Jill Carlyle as The Crimson Avenger.

I need a plot for BatB as well as creative talent for both minis. I do know that Truel will have different artists on each chapter so I hope that isn't a problem for anyone that's currently being used. Writers and the BatB artist will be free of Next Dawn obligations.

I am really looking forward to this Earth 2 opportunity.

I'm also going to float the use of Brave and the Bold as an anthology team-up title after the E2 event is over.
    This Earth-2 enthusiasm pleases me!

In terms of tie-in plots, for me personally I'm going with a kind of classic Earth-2 where golden age versions of my heroes existed in that time period (WWII and on) and their mantles have been passed down.

Earth 2: BRAVE AND THE BOLD, “Law and Order”
    Plotter: CaptCleghorn
    Writer: GERRY CONWAY
    Art: ADAM HUGHES

Premise: Recently promoted to Detective in the Gotham City PD, Renee Montoya discovers an entire new set of challenges in the morally compromised cops she works with. Jill Carlyle is a prosecuting attorney in Gotham County with hopes of making Assistant District Attorney soon. Both women also have identities as masked heroines. When a criminal with ties to an earlier case both worked on has (OK, ALLEGEDLY has) regarding the long missing Seven Soldiers of Victory, the heroines find themselves allied with the mysterious I Ching, an elderly man with ties to either mysticism, or mumbo jumbo, depending on who you ask.
    Main Characters: Renee Montoya (E2 Question), Jill Carlyle (E2 Crimson Avenger), I Ching (E2)
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 04-13-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

For the main book

Crisis on Earth-2 (#1 - #4)
    Plotter: randomideaguy
    Writer: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Art: STEVEN RUDE

Premise: By 1974, Earth-2 is a fairly peaceful and cool place. A long history of superheroism has led to an active, engaged society that pushes back against evil wherever it exists. Needless to say, not a fun place for supervillains to live. So a plot has been hatched to unite the forces of evil on Earth-2 and Earth-0 (DC New Dawn Universe). Failing that, destroy the universe. Villains are petty like that. Can the heroes of Earth-2 and Earth-0 close the breach in time? And how will these two universes influence each other?
    Main Characters: Terry Sloane (Earth-2), Bruce Wayne (Earth-0), Michael Holt (Earth-0), Karen Beecher (Earth-0), Madam Rouge (Earth-2), General Immortus (Earth-2), Garguax (Earth-2), The Brain (Earth-0), Monsiuer Mallah (Earth-0), Preston "Prez" Rickards (Earth-2), Natasha Irons (Earth-2)

Also, anyone want to take their turn on Detective comics next month? It'll be the start of a new arc on the Batman challenge!

DETECTIVE COMICS (BATMAN CHALLENGE) SCHEDULE:
    Next month: ???
    Then: ???
    Accepting volunteers!
    I can probably do May (or more, I just don't want to overcommit in case anyone else is interested).
    Last edited by randomideaguy; 04-16-2021 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    I can probably do May (or more, I just don't want to overcommit in case anyone else is interested).
    You'd be an excellent choice for May, as you could do an Earth-2 tie-in and set the status quo for E2 Bruce Wayne. I will then volunteer to carry it on for June!

Are there any general guiding principles for Earth 2?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Are there any general guiding principles for Earth 2?
    In general, I think it’s a bit of an older universe. At least some heroes were active in the golden age and around WWII, kind of like the original Earth-2 concept. But nobody is obligated to set their characters in an earlier time period or anything.

For the main book

Crisis on Earth-2 (#1 - #4)
    Plotter: randomideaguy
    Writer: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Art: STEVEN RUDE

Premise: By 1974, Earth-2 is a fairly peaceful and cool place. A long history of superheroism has led to an active, engaged society that pushes back against evil wherever it exists. Needless to say, not a fun place for supervillains to live. So a plot has been hatched to unite the forces of evil on Earth-2 and Earth-0 (DC New Dawn Universe). Failing that, destroy the universe. Villains are petty like that. Can the heroes of Earth-2 and Earth-0 close the breach in time? And how will these two universes influence each other?
    Main Characters: Terry Sloane (Earth-2), Bruce Wayne (Earth-0), Michael Holt (Earth-0), Karen Beecher (Earth-0), Madam Rouge (Earth-2), General Immortus (Earth-2), Garguax (Earth-2), The Brain (Earth-0), Monsiuer Mallah (Earth-0), Preston "Prez" Rickards (Earth-2), Natasha Irons (Earth-2)
    A couple of questions about your cast:

I get use of the brain, but what anout this guy? What Earth is he from?

And I am all for Karen Beecher. As an aside which could get tangential, have you been reading John Ridley's OHDCU

I empathize.

In general, I think it’s a bit of an older universe. At least some heroes were active in the golden age and around WWII, kind of like the original Earth-2 concept. But nobody is obligated to set their characters in an earlier time period or anything.
    Dibs on 1947-1948. nazis and commies and real life, oh, my! Brave and the Bold is occurring in the present using new versions of characters. Sometime E2 is the leader, other times they follow.

1947meme01.jpg
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 04-17-2021 at 09:02 AM. Reason: adding a kewl meme

I’m happy to announce a new book with a new plotter joining NEXT DAWN!

Please welcome ATOMICSKULL, plotter of THE HERO HOTLINE!

THE HERO HOTLINE
    Plot by ATOMICSKULL
    Written by JIMMY PALMIOTTI
    Art by KEVIN MCGUIRE
    Plot: Former crimefighter Lee Travis, The Crimson Avenger quit the superhero life years ago, finding himself wanting to get back into the game. He has a different approach. Knowing that times were tough for heroes who weren't rich kids or couldn't find steady jobs. He decided to create Hero Hotline, a heroes-for-hire firm where the employees fight crime in exchange for compensation. He didn't expect it to take off but it did. Some heroes stayed with the company permanently, some were simply temps while some just wanted to do good.
    Roster: Crimson Avenger (Lee Travis), Loose Cannon; Vigilante, Hotspot, Scream Queen, Sebastian Faust, Dumb Bunny
    Supporting characters: Catherine Cobert (the PR person), Dale Gunn (head of security) Dodger (former thief turned tech guy) Codpiece (doesn't do anything)
    Villains: Amos Fortune, The Cadre (Black Mass, Crowbar,Nightfall) Gemini & Riot