Page 27 of 98 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Why not? I'll plot a Superman-Batman book! Buddy cop movie with big CGI action sequences!
    I look forward to it. Always been a sucker for World’s Finest.

This month's solicits will be posted this evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

This month's solicits will be posted this evening.
    YAY!!! and Thank You!

Why not? I'll plot a Superman-Batman book! Buddy cop movie with big CGI action sequences!
    Hell yeah!!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Is the Signal supposed by an AU?

Thanks, as always, nx!

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    Is the Signal supposed by an AU?
    Not an alternate universe, as THE SIGNAL was an earlier publication from Next Dawn that ended a while back. This looks to be the collected work.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Thanks, as always, nx!

Not an alternate universe, as THE SIGNAL was an earlier publication from Next Dawn that ended a while back. This looks to be the collected work.
    Oh gotcha. I did not know him (and Wallace) had been used before - hence why I redid the origins. I guess I’ll have to track those issues down, lol.

Oh, and Outsiders should be #10. I can’t count apparently...

Oh gotcha. I did not know him (and Wallace) had been used before - hence why I redid the origins. I guess I’ll have to track those issues down, lol.

Oh, and Outsiders should be #10. I can’t count apparently...
    It’s fine, real DC does the same thing all the time!

As promised!

Reward Points Update

Here is the official reward points tally. Consider this your punch card. Reference our rewards list for what you can turn in your points for. Here’s how points are allotted:

You will get:
    *1 point for turning your monthly solicitation for the title in on time
    *1 point to each title you plot when you make your monthly purchases
    *2 points for being the highest selling title that month.
    *1 point for event tie-ins

Points for miniseries or one-shots that did not continue were returned to their parent titles.

Punch Card

STARRO WARS #1
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪

BAT-WING
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪

DEADLY HANDS OF CONNOR HAWKE
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪

THE FLASH
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪

GREEN LANTERN
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪

LEGENDS OF THE MULTIVERSE
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪

THE OUTSIDERS
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

THE PROTECTORS
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

THE QUESTION
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

RED X/BLÜDHAVEN
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

...SAME AS THE OLD GODS
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪

SENSATION COMICS
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪

SONS OF DITKO
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

STARRO WARS: CLAW THE UNCONQUERED
    ✪✪✪✪

STARRO WARS: CYBERNARY #1
    ✪✪

STARRO WARS: JADE AND OBSIDIAN #1
    ✪✪

STARRO WARS: RED LANTERN
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪

STARRO WARS: STAR-CROSSED #1
    ✪✪

STARRO WARS: TEEN TITANS
    ✪✪

SWAMP THING: SEA OF GREEN #1
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

TEEN TITANS
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪

VILLAINS UNITED
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪

Lee Stone’s reserved points:
    MYSTERY IN SPACE
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    THE OUTSIDERS
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

So I've been on a JSA kick recently, what with watching Stargirl. And I was reading their wiki article recently and saw this: "The first JSA story featured the team's first meeting, with a framing sequence for each member telling a story of an individual exploit. In the next issue, the team worked together on a common case, but each story from there on still featured the members individually on a mission involving part of the case, and then banding together in the end to wrap things up."

That, combined with the curious absence of a Justice League comic in this 'verse (understandably, given the big characters involved) made me wonder if such a thing could ever work again.

Any JSA recs in general? She's not a member, but I flipped through some old Ma Hunkel (Red Tornado) stuff that was cool. Definitely a unique character that I might try to do something with (hint hint) at some point.
    Do we have anything going on referring the Next Dawn's Golden Age years? What claims are there on Old time characters and am I free (well, not free if I spend points) to do something in the past? I do have some ideas and have laid a few clues already in Question. I just need to know if I need to heed and existing c;laims or restrictions. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Do we have anything going on referring the Next Dawn's Golden Age years? What claims are there on Old time characters and am I free (well, not free if I spend points) to do something in the past? I do have some ideas and have laid a few clues already in Question. I just need to know if I need to heed and existing c;laims or restrictions. Thanks!
    As far as I can recall, its a blank slate. I don't believe anyone has touched that particular time period yet. You can have a book entirely set in the past if you so desire (Claw the Unconquered, for example, was set in the distant past). If you draft the characters you can do whatever you wish with them. The only restriction would be you can't use characters someone else has a claim on without their permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    As far as I can recall, its a blank slate. I don't believe anyone has touched that particular time period yet. You can have a book entirely set in the past if you so desire (Claw the Unconquered, for example, was set in the distant past). If you draft the characters you can do whatever you wish with them. The only restriction would be you can't use characters someone else has a claim on without their permission.
    No! I shall take whomever I wish and do with them as I will!! Bwahahahah! - sorry, my meds are kicking in - I do have a certain team in mind, but am working on a good plot and making sure the membership is clear. And yes, anyone use in the past that has a role in the presnt won't die there. But I do need to do the research to see who's who (pun intended).

Good Charlotte is so excited about the upcoming Question epic Quo Vadis, they did a song about its six parts. I'd say more but my shoulder hurts from patting myself on the back for coming up with titles for six issues and maintaining the question as title motif.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Good Charlotte is so excited about the upcoming Question epic Quo Vadis, they did a song about its six parts. I'd say more but my shoulder hurts from patting myself on the back for coming up with titles for six issues and maintaining the question as title motif.
    Lol it's undeniable, the question titles are a solid hook.