Page 42 of 98 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Its a little tough because our whole universe is an "Earth-2" of sorts. Our characters are similar to the main DC universe versions but also as different as we want them to be. So if you were to use an alternate universe character, it should be a VERY different version of that character so that no toes are stepped on. At the same time, DC has established multiversal characters. For example, the Calvin Ellis Superman or the Batman Who Laughs are alternate universe characters but, at the same time, are their own distinct characters. So, ideally, I'd like to still limit it to the 13 specific characters. Also, reward points would mean little if you had carte blanche on characters.

We did make an exception for CK's DCEU title at launch but that comic did have a narrower focus due to its nature as movie-only continuity and I would like to keep that the exception rather than the rule.

That said, if you travel to a made-up alternate earth and want to have something original like, say, Dinosaur Earth featuring Superdinosaur and the Jurassic League, that'd be fine and you could use that without drafting Superman or the Justice League.

Make sense?
    I get it. I've already had an alternate universe Vic (Charlie) Sage pop up and I did assume Question/Spidey took place is some sort of "Ditkoverse".

However, I may run into situations regarding Roy Harper and Oliver Queen if anyone has been paying attention to the Crimson Avenger storyline in Question. I know what I WANT to do, but realize the needs of the universe outweigh the needs of one cute, feisty writer.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

That makes sense. It’s kind of The Kingdom / Watchmen inspired take on the JSA and later Infinity Inc. AFAIK the only character that overlaps with Earth-0 (where most of the comics take place) is Wonder Woman who appears in two issues - one where the JSA tries to make her a secretary and she quits (inspired by real life JSA).

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    That makes sense. It’s kind of The Kingdom / Watchmen inspired take on the JSA and later Infinity Inc. AFAIK the only character that overlaps with Earth-0 (where most of the comics take place) is Wonder Woman who appears in two issues - one where the JSA tries to make her a secretary and she quits (inspired by real life JSA).
    If that's the case, I'd say you could request H-E-D to briefly use WW or, alternatively, use one of the numerous other versions of Wonder Woman or an expy character.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Just to give everyone a heads up, I scheduled a lasik procedure for next month! No more glasses for me. Only problem is, procedure is on March 1st and I'll need to rest the peepers for a bit after that. Is everyone okay with a minor (maybe a week) delay for sales totals and new solicitations (February is short anyway, right?).
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Just to give everyone a heads up, I scheduled a lasik procedure for next month! No more glasses for me. Only problem is, procedure is on March 1st and I'll need to rest the peepers for a bit after that. Is everyone okay with a minor (maybe a week) delay for sales totals and new solicitations.
    Take as much time as you need. All of here at both Next Dawn and AOM wish you the very best for your quest for improvement and growth.

(February is short anyway, right?).
    That's what she said.

Just to give everyone a heads up, I scheduled a lasik procedure for next month! No more glasses for me. Only problem is, procedure is on March 1st and I'll need to rest the peepers for a bit after that. Is everyone okay with a minor (maybe a week) delay for sales totals and new solicitations (February is short anyway, right?).
    If only I was a candidate for that procedure. Take whatever time you need!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

No problem. I will take your cookies from here too.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I get it. I've already had an alternate universe Vic (Charlie) Sage pop up and I did assume Question/Spidey took place is some sort of "Ditkoverse".

However, I may run into situations regarding Roy Harper and Oliver Queen if anyone has been paying attention to the Crimson Avenger storyline in Question. I know what I WANT to do, but realize the needs of the universe outweigh the needs of one cute, feisty writer.
    You know if you did Roy Harper as a WWII hero, then I could make Lian Harper an adult grown up hero today. I love Lian.

Alrighty, Outsiders is in now as well. Coming to an end of some of the storylines I initially plotted. Hopefully we can keep this going.
    Last edited by randomideaguy; 02-27-2021 at 09:50 AM.

If I did an “Earth-2” event where everyone just plots an alternate timeline issue of their characters, would that be something people would be interested in?

BANNED

So can I spend a few points to buy the Time Trapper?

Alrighty, Outsiders is in now as well. Coming to an end of some of the storylines I initially plotted. Hopefully we can keep this going.
    Seeingas tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me, I have submitted Question almost 27 hours early.

If I did an “Earth-2” event where everyone just plots an alternate timeline issue of their characters, would that be something people would be interested in?
    I will send you a PM about what I've done (not much), but you may find it interesting. I LOVE this idea.

That sounds absolutely awesome to me. I, personally, would be all in!

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    So can I spend a few points to buy the Time Trapper?
    You sure can! I’ll reflect the 6 point cash-in for JfAS on the next points update.

BANNED

That sounds absolutely awesome to me. I, personally, would be all in!

You sure can! I’ll reflect the 6 point cash-in for JfAS on the next points update.
    Neat! I will spend 6 points.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Neat! I will spend 6 points.
    Consider it done. It will be reflected on the next points tally.