Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Excited to announce that Lorec has signed on to plot a second book starring Static! More electrifying details to come soon.
    Last edited by Exciter; 07-27-2019 at 10:01 PM.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Excited to announce that Lorec has signed on to plot a second book starring Static! More electrifying details to come soon.
    Very exciting news!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Bat-Wing and Deadly Hands of Connor Hawke are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Bat-Wing and Deadly Hands of Connor Hawke are in.
    Where the love for us last minute folks? amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Where the love for us last minute folks? amirite?
    I'm try to get at least 6 solicits ahead per title. I'm already half-way there.

No more last minute stuff for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm try to get at least 6 solicits ahead per title. I'm already half-way there.

No more last minute stuff for me.
    Most impressive! I usually stay about a month ahead, though I jot down ideas so I know basically where the stories will be going. Kind of a roadmap.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Most impressive! I usually stay about a month ahead, though I jot down ideas so I know basically where the stories will be going. Kind of a roadmap.
    I do the same. I usually have 3-4 plot ideas I jot down. I just have to get them in the form of a solicit.

I'm the same way. I try to get a few months ahead, especially once the ideas start going. For me, it's just a matter of finding the time between work and family to get that stuff down.

I found an extremely rare day about two weeks ago where work was dead. Like...dead, dead. I actually got to Legends Issue 7 and DCEU issue 6 before I stopped myself. So, I guess I technically am work free through Christmas if I choose so LOL

I got my solicits in a few days ago for August.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

This... looks really fun.

Curious: I may have missed this somewhere in Exciter's notes, but what are the rules for how many people can use creators? In other words, if someone has Grant Morrison on their book, can someone else use Morrison, or is it one writer/one book?

I suppose if the rules stuck to what was plausible in real life, a writer could be on two or three monthly books, while an artist probably could only be on one. Or if it's Bendis, he could be on, like, six books.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    This... looks really fun.

Curious: I may have missed this somewhere in Exciter's notes, but what are the rules for how many people can use creators? In other words, if someone has Grant Morrison on their book, can someone else use Morrison, or is it one writer/one book?

I suppose if the rules stuck to what was plausible in real life, a writer could be on two or three monthly books, while an artist probably could only be on one. Or if it's Bendis, he could be on, like, six books.
    You basically hit it! I think it’s best practice to pick a unique creative team, but it’s not as vital as a plotter having exclusive control of character since it won’t effect continuity. Creative teams are more of a static selling point. If a plotter REALLY wants a creator that’s already on another book, it can be permitted. But with the whole world of creators out there, it’s encouraged to grab a unique team.

Btw plotters, today is the last day of the month - get your solicitations in TODAY or you don’t get timeliness points!

Btw plotters, today is the last day of the month - get your solicitations in TODAY or you don’t get timeliness points!

I'll try to make sure my jetlag doesn't overcome my ability to write.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I’m tempted to award points just for excellent memeing...

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I'll try to make sure my jetlag doesn't overcome my ability to write.
    Welcome back! I have confidence that no amount of jets or lag can overcome your creative power!