Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    He did try to help the 616, that is why the X-Men confronted him. That was the story of Uncanny X-Men #1-10. Now, what happens at the end and exactly how this Utopia works not explained as best it could, but basically issue #10 ends with him getting killed, and probably killing everyone else there, then Omega reveals them being rescued by the life seed and that results in this other plane being created, where he creates this Utopia and saves the X-Men.
    He didn't try to ever help anybody in 616 he tried to warp them into what he thought was best by playing God and manipulating mutants. That's why the X-Men and Legion confronted him.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Oh and Nightcrawler wanting to stay in the Age of X. That felt just like, it didn't even feel like fanfiction. Like i don't think anyone who has read a few nightcrawler comics would have done that. Not even a hater.
    Exact. The guy who literally gave up the heaven to live adventures with his friends ... and decides to stay? Bah.

I wouldn’t blame Nightcrawler, though. Not for the reasons Nate gave because that just showed that Zac and Lonnie didn’t understand any of the characters they were writing. But he had a daughter here that he would’ve sacrificed himself to keep yet that gets zero mention here. If his choice to stay would’ve been based on that, it would’ve made a bit more sense.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    He didn't try to ever help anybody in 616 he tried to warp them into what he thought was best by playing God and manipulating mutants. That's why the X-Men and Legion confronted him.
    You wrote something based on him not using his power in the 616, I clarified that he did and that from his perspective it was to be helpful, he only tried to explain that for half the story.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I wouldn’t blame Nightcrawler, though. Not for the reasons Nate gave because that just showed that Zac and Lonnie didn’t understand any of the characters they were writing. But he had a daughter here that he would’ve sacrificed himself to keep yet that gets zero mention here. If his choice to stay would’ve been based on that, it would’ve made a bit more sense.
    Now that things have played out this feels like a long-winded version of the "Framework" from Agents of SHIELD. Nightcrawler should been more like Mack trying to stay with his AR daughter.

Was Kurt even aware that he had a daughter there at that point? Sure Nate returns his memories of the real world but that says nothing of the ones the Cuckoos took.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    You wrote something based on him not using his power in the 616, I clarified that he did and that from his perspective it was to be helpful, he only tried to explain that for half the story.
    Of course I know that he used the life seeds power, but again he did nothing to actually help mutants before creating his weird little no sex land. Intentions and actions is my point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Of course I know that he used the life seeds power, but again he did nothing to actually help mutants before creating his weird little no sex land. Intentions and actions is my point.
    But I pointed that out too, he only created this Utopia because of what happened with merging with the life seed. Before, he was trying to fix the world for everyone, that is why he had that council. Now, there is nothing, it is a fresh start, this is what he imagined, he wasn't changing anything for an entire planet.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think him and the life seed was what he thought what could have been his last dying act and gift, before dying, but his death was reversed by granting life to a new world. However Nate and his vision was incomplete and doomed by his own version of what he knew from birth in the AOA pens ( a lack of parental and sibling love) and what he thought would be the counter of that ( Xtracts) while also having a group to oppose the counter revolution. Hegellian Dialect to distract the X-men, while they portray the role of protectors of this world.I think Nate realized when the lifeforce saved him and others he may have hoped that he had solved the problem, and wanted to give them a possible happy ending put it went all to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Was Kurt even aware that he had a daughter there at that point? Sure Nate returns his memories of the real world but that says nothing of the ones the Cuckoos took.
    Oh wooooow, I forgot about that. I wonder how rumors up Meggan is about essentially abandoning her daughter for her other family? I guess that’s also something the Cuckoos are gonna have to live with, and speaking of the Cuckoos and any telepath in AoXM, they’ve peered into the minds of these “constructs” and were able to glean some sort of consciousness from them. Why did Jean lie about them not being real? What was the point of humanizing Unveil if she wasn’t gonna say anything about uhhhh dying? She says the X-Men have a responsibility to mutants on Earth but they’ve also taken up the responsibility for all these mutants simply by holding their fates in their hands.

This isn’t at you, just annoyed questions that kind of unravel a pretty okay story.

BANNED

Colossus, Surge, Legion, every mutant that’s found true happiness in this world: Um. I actually don’t want to go back.

Jean: Too bad, let’s go gang.
    Lmao...that beautiful Jean Grey. The ultimate decision maker.