Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Yes, I just read it. Magneto says "a part of him" knows that he must return to continue his story, and a part of him wants to remain. Nothing about separating into "good and evil" parts. Then Nate says, he can do both, but he has to leave so he can stay. We see Magneto, our Magneto, leave and then another version of him appears; dressed differently with a different hair cut, etc. This is Nate's version of Magneto who is staying to help him rebuild the world. This AU Magneto is asked, what he would sacrifice to build a new world. I think this is a split, a quantum mechanical split and both are the complete Magneto. One will stay in Nate's world where mutants are safe and in charge, the other (our Mags) returns to 616 to face all the usual sh*t with all the same complexities of personality he's always had.
    Exactly

I think it was just Nateīs hair that went white because he overused his powers, he didnīt age.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Nate doesn't go back, so yeah.
    Ugh...The one time he comes back and its this foolishness.

The way this ending paints Nate as some kind of tragic hero ("you gave us a gift" ???) when he actually fucked over the entire world in Dissassembled and then brainwashed the X-Men, stole them from their own lives and used them as puppets.. what

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    The way this ending paints Nate as some kind of tragic hero ("you gave us a gift" ???) when he actually fucked over the entire world in Dissassembled and then brainwashed the X-Men, stole them from their own lives and used them as puppets.. what
    And all the deaths of Uncanny are indirectly blamed on him as well.

lol Genesis and Omega Red are still dead. Unveil didn’t do or say anything about essentially dying even though she had sentience. whelp

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

The wording seems off when it says it's not an "alternate" universe, I think the word should have been "altered", since they are saying this isn't a house of M type situation where it's just an alteration of an existing reality but more of a Heroes Reborn type thing where it's a separate new reality.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yep. I expected a big battle but none of that.
    I liked it because there was no battle. It wasn't the usual they talked him out of it. Like heroes should do.

BANNED

This was embarassing.

Trevor picked an interesting time to confess!

861DD5FB-C0E8-48D7-AF6A-56A9BB8A7A7C.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Yeah he's done for.

What a waste of a Life Seed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    What a waste of a Life Seed.
    All that power wasted on creating some silly fictional Utopia for make believe mutants when he could have been helping the mutants in the actual dimension he lived in or the 616.

Event was a waste of time. The Bishop and Lorna mini was the only thing I really enjoyed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    All that power wasted on creating some silly fictional Utopia for make believe mutants when he could have been helping the mutants in the actual dimension he lived in or the 616.

Event was a waste of time. The Bishop and Lorna mini was the only thing I really enjoyed.
    He did try to help the 616, that is why the X-Men confronted him. That was the story of Uncanny X-Men #1-10. Now, what happens at the end and exactly how this Utopia works not explained as best it could, but basically issue #10 ends with him getting killed, and probably killing everyone else there, then Omega reveals them being rescued by the life seed and that results in this other plane being created, where he creates this Utopia and saves the X-Men.

Honestly what pissed me off the most about this book. And this is a credit to the artist was listen to poor put upon Nate chastise the X-men wasn't bad enough. But the artist did such a good job of making them look absolutely shameful as he blathered on and on. And that's truly the feeling i'm left with from this entire run. Being absolutely disgusted by the fact that the whole scene came off like Nate was doing these people some big favor and they felt ashamed for wanting their you know, own lives back. I wish someone would have stabbed him with that crystal and i generally don't have feelings for the character of Nate one war or the other. But now i kind of want to just forget him.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Oh and Nightcrawler wanting to stay in the Age of X. That felt just like, it didn't even feel like fanfiction. Like i don't think anyone who has read a few nightcrawler comics would have done that. Not even a hater.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/