Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    What was the order to read this and Uncanny 22 again that was suggested?
    Just a guess, but I think Age of X-man, then Uncanny. AoX has so much to handle as its wrapping up 5 books whereas Uncanny seems more like an epilogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Just a guess, but I think Age of X-man, then Uncanny. AoX has so much to handle as its wrapping up 5 books whereas Uncanny seems more like an epilogue.
    yes, AOX then uncanny

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean was brainwashed and abused. And was under Phoenix, taht was a recipe for destruction
    That's not an explanation, that's a rationalization.

You can probably stick X-Force before AoXM.

I shall feast on the flames of destruction. May the flesh boil!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Tenebrae, Wolverine12, Nyssane: Wish you mods nothing but luck. May the hammer be precise and merciless.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBalls View Post
    Read "The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" Jean spent over a decade in the future raising her son. It came out shortly after the 2 got married in the 90s.

After Rachel/Mother Askani took Cable into the future, they were still unable to treat him. They had assess to Ship who they used to keep him alive. Then they decided to clone Nathan because they weren't sure if they could truly save Nate. Then Apocalypse attacked, killed Mother Askani, and took Stryfe who he believed to be the real Nathan Summers. Using what power she had left, Rachel pulled Scott and Jean into the future where they raised Nathan as their son.

This is one of the reasons why Jean always gets more emotional over Cable than Rachel who she never raised.
    If you and others thought the point of my point was to say Cable isn't real Jean son you missed the point. The point was the insanity of comics don't attach really world feeling too hard over situations that happen in comics before it is express in comics because it can be viewed more than one way.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-16-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Imagine if there was never any X-Men vs. events to buffer out the cannibalism in these boards.

There'd be like 10 posters max due to frequent bans.

spoilers:
    Huh. That was interesting. The wrap-up was pretty talky, but that was expected and it reminded me a lot of how the original X-Men/Alpha Flight series wrapped. Primary points of interest:

- Nate isn't dead, and the ending may have some interesting repurcussions for Magneto down the line.

- Good moments for Bishop and Prisoner X crew.

- Dani is the disproval of all of Nate's high ideals, the personification of his attachment to the real Dani Moonstar.

- Bit of unexpectedly consistent characterzation for Piotr in this one: as in in the X/AF story, he'd prefer to live in an artificially created utopia.

- Too bad Dept X wasn't allowed to be there at the big showdown. While all the X-Men were debating on whether or not to kill Nate, Northstar and Jubilee would have already stabbed him in the chest about fifty times each.

- All that talk about making a choice and it being all or nothing was undermined by the fact that Nadler and Thompson blinked in the last pages, imo. Though it certainly makes a pleasant couterpoint to Rosenberg's farcical kill-count over in UXM.
    end of spoilers

So yeah. Nice ending, but could have had more impact. Now, on to Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    spoilers:
    Huh. That was interesting. The wrap-up was pretty talky, but that was expected and it reminded me a lot of how the original X-Men/Alpha Flight series wrapped. Primary points of interest:

- Nate isn't dead, and the ending may have some interesting repurcussions for Magneto down the line.

- Dani is the disproval of all of Nate's high ideals, the personification of his attachment to the real Dani Moonstar.

- Bit of unexpectedly consistent characterzation for Piotr in this one: as in in the X/AF story, he'd prefer to live in an artificially created utopia.

- Too bad Dept X wasn't allowed to be there at the big showdown. While all the X-Men were debating on whether or not to kill Nate, Northstar and Jubilee would have already stabbed him in the chest about fifty times each.

- All that talk about making a choice and it being all or nothing was undermined by the fact that Nadler and Thompson blinked in the last pages, imo. Though it certainly makes a pleasant couterpoint to Rosenberg's farcical kill-count over in UXM.
    end of spoilers

Slow event had a slow ending that sucks. I hope it would go out with a bang.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers

Thank you for spoilers.
    Seven days to HiX-men.

This was so underwhelming.

Mighty Member

This event was so half-baked that Gordon Ramsay told the writers to **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    This event was so half-baked that Gordon Ramsay told the writers to **** off.
    Better than Rosencanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Better than Rosencanny.
    I do feel like Marvelous and X-Tracts should have been a single title, but other than that, I had a good time overall.