Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

wait. I just realized ‘Luna’ was introduced in the Alpha issue and ‘Solis’ in the Omega issue.

Doesn't House of X at least partially take place off world? Could all those young mutants we saw in the art previews be Age of X-Man refugees?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The “it’s not an AU” stuff reminds me of DC saying “it’s not a reboot” whenever they’re doing a reboot.
    The only time they used that terminology was Rebirth, I think? And the full slogan was "it's not a reboot, and never was", referring to New 52's continuity absorbing some pre-Flashpoint stuff from that point on (especially after Superman Reborn, though everything's still in flux even now).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Who was Luna of the Alpha issue?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Who was Luna of the Alpha issue?
    Little bald girl who froze everyone.

Luna also got comforted by X-Man like how Iceman is comforting Solis.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Luna also got comforted by X-Man like how Iceman is comforting Solis.
    Interesting you bring it up. It feels much more genuine with Bobby, especially since he probably isn't 100% sure the kid is real. Nate was basically stroking his own ego while Bobby really does just want to help that poor kid who probably thinks he's about to be arrested.

I can understand filling the schedule with an event. Sales or what not.

Using X-man as a villain? Nope. Mainstream comics have over and over again showed that they can’t handle that. Look at DC’s numerous car wrecks in using heroes as villains. Countdown to crisis should be mandatory reading for any writer in bad plotting.

Maybe the writers can’t pull the balancing off? Maybe these universes aren’t built for it. Their inherent black&white foundations just eschews these characters to far. Maybe th readers can’t handle it. For whatever reason it’s hard for a character to bounce back after something like age of x-man. If they ever do.

In all of this one thing worries me, a question where the writers answered they thought they left Nate in a good spot after this. That people where going to be interested in his redemption story. The disconnect is so large that I worry.

he's x-man, not cassandra cain
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    he's x-man, not cassandra cain
    Or Ben Reilly, who went through something similar being revived as the villain of The Clone Conspiracy over in Spider-Man, complete with an apocalyptic psychological breakdown after the hero(es) refused to accept what he was doing as being "for the better."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I hope mustache blob and horny apocalypse stay

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I can understand filling the schedule with an event. Sales or what not.

Using X-man as a villain? Nope. Mainstream comics have over and over again showed that they can’t handle that. Look at DC’s numerous car wrecks in using heroes as villains. Countdown to crisis should be mandatory reading for any writer in bad plotting.

Maybe the writers can’t pull the balancing off? Maybe these universes aren’t built for it. Their inherent black&white foundations just eschews these characters to far. Maybe th readers can’t handle it. For whatever reason it’s hard for a character to bounce back after something like age of x-man. If they ever do.

In all of this one thing worries me, a question where the writers answered they thought they left Nate in a good spot after this. That people where going to be interested in his redemption story. The disconnect is so large that I worry.
    I didn't realize how many fans X-Man had before this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I didn't realize how many fans X-Man had before this event.
    Well he had a 75 issues ongoing. You don’t sell that long without fans.

I’m not sure if it even sold bad at it’s end or it suffered the same fate as Fabians Gambit solo, Joe Q started as EiC and culled the X-men related books. Especially the solos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Or Ben Reilly, who went through something similar being revived as the villain of The Clone Conspiracy over in Spider-Man, complete with an apocalyptic psychological breakdown after the hero(es) refused to accept what he was doing as being "for the better."
    Ben at least was killed and revived a fuckton of times, while remembering every single one of these deaths. Leaving aside Slott going so edgy on him, at least it works as an explanation for why he would snap completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...311298049?s=21
    https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...248848902?s=21

AAAAGHGHHHGSDGGA

So it’s kind of like the Negative Zone but Nate’s body?
    It makes sense to me in the sense that these are the 616 characters. They weren't diverged into an alternate reality they were all literally on a higher plane. Like Nate created a heaven in the 616 and they were there. So for all intents and purposes when they return it'll be kind of like they all really came back from the dead.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

So....this Life Seed just happened to find Nate?? What a crock. This entire "event" was a mistake.