Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hope isn't Cable biological daughter, so i'm not sure how Nate sees her or even Cable.
    So? Blood doesn't define relationships.

Besides, I've told you how he sees her. She finds him a bit weird because he looks just like her dad, but he makes a point of calling her his Hope, even though he's only a few years older than her (if that).

As for how Nate sees Cable? They used to tend to avoid each other since being the same person caused painful psychic feedback between them, but Cable saw Nathan as a more pure version of himself and who he could have become if he never had the technovirus and even Stryfe saw him as another Cable, which made him angry since Stryfe was all like "I'm the dark mirror!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Maybe Sinister or Xavier gave it to him?
    Really, I think it was Xavier. But I'm fine with him just finding it on the street so long as it's shown

I mean, seriously, someone just finding one of those things on the side walk would be sort of funny.

Blood and biology is one thing but Hope was placed in a live or die situation from her family. But she was still witheld from her true guardian. She grew up with Cable and developed stockholm syndrome. Yes Cable was trying to save her life but it's still kidnapping.

And the way the reunion with her grandmother was carried out was tacky. That poor women would have sat for years distraught believing she lost all her family. Also Hopes dad was not recorded to be dead

Her mother had a one night stand or separated before Hope was born
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-11-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Blood and biology is one thing but Hope was placed in a live or die situation from her family. But she was still witheld from her true guardian. She grew up with Cable and developed stockholm syndrome. Yes Cable was trying to save her life but it's still kidnapping.

And the way the reunion with her grandmother was carried out was tacky. That poor women would have sat for years distraught believing she lost all her family. Also Hopes dad was not recorded to be dead

Her mother had a one night stand or separated before Hope was born
    Bishop or someone was going to kill her if Cable didn't take her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm aware. Her guardian was never notified though even after they left for the future.

Its a risk I'd be willing to take

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Lol eating bugs for 17 years and living in an apocalyptic future

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I'm aware. Her guardian was never notified though even after they left for the future.
    Literally every X bad guy on the planet was trying to kill Hope. They didn't exactly have time for a chat.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Literally every X bad guy on the planet was trying to kill Hope. They didn't exactly have time for a chat.
    I mean after Hope was safe. They (The X-Men) didn't tell her Grandmother that Hope was safe and alive until the Heroic age. Even after Cable returned in Cable 9 to show she was alive

Okay? So Hope gets murdered, mutantkind is completely extinct within one generation, and the unnatural end to evolution means the Phoenix annihilates the planet. Woo. Big winner.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

You think Jean sees cable as her kid?
    I don't want to get into shipping drama (so ignore this on the shipping debate i'm just trying to explain the connection between Jean and Cable) but Jean does see Cable as her kid.
    Cable also has Jean's DNA and he was raised by Jean, the only thing she didn't do was giving birth to him. Maddie was always a Jean replacement and if Jean didn't die it is very likely that she would have been the one to give birth to him.
    Given how unstable romances, family and kids are on Marvel it is very unlikely that Jean will ever have and raise another kid. Cable is the closest thing Jean will ever have and the same goes for Cable.
    I love the characters and their relationship, it weird but cute.
    _________cool.jpg
    _______1534340583848.jpg
    cutehope.jpg

Okay? So Hope gets murdered, mutantkind is completely extinct within one generation, and the unnatural end to evolution means the Phoenix annihilates the planet. Woo. Big winner.
    I looked at it again. So they never bothered to look up Hopes Parentage until UXM 526 by Cipher hacking records. (Thanks but no thanks Beast)

When she met her the grandmother is still clueless and still doesn't know

And her dad is alive somewhere And from the description does not know he has a child

Anyway

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't want to get into shipping drama (so ignore this on the shipping debate i'm just trying to explain the connection between Jean and Cable) but Jean does see Cable as her kid.
    Cable also has Jean's DNA and he was raised by Jean, the only thing she didn't do was giving birth to him. Maddie was always a Jean replacement and if Jean didn't die it is very likely that she would have been the one to give birth to him.
    Given how unstable romances, family and kids are on Marvel it is very unlikely that Jean will ever have and raise another kid. Cable is the closest thing Jean will ever have and the same goes for Cable.
    I love the characters and their relationship, it weird but cute.
    _________cool.jpg
    _______1534340583848.jpg
    cutehope.jpg
    She acknowledges Nate Grey as her son as well. The first instance was in early X-Man where she felt sad by how X-Man rejected her and was something like "I know I'm not your mother but I wish I was" and then now in Disassembled, he rejected her again but she maintained that he was her son and he accepted it. But, then again, it's not like you're wrong, after all, Nathan literally is Cable, so she kinda does only see Cable as her kid.

Really, I think it was Xavier. But I'm fine with him just finding it on the street so long as it's shown

I mean, seriously, someone just finding one of those things on the side walk would be sort of funny.
    I thought Xavier was the hero of House of X, though? So why would he give Nate something that would mentally mess him up like that, it seems to be not a very Professor X thing to do. Sinister on the other hand possessed a Celestial and seems to be a major player in that game who also has reason to kill Nathan, for rejecting him back in Onslaught.

If Nate's World is really populated by living, breathing mutants who aren't just psionic constructs that'll disappear once Nate and the Life Seed die, what'll happen to them when this wraps up? The 616 Earth can't possibly support an entire planetary population of mutants migrating over. Will Nate's World be like Franklin Richards' Heroes Reborn Earth: still spinning somewhere out there in a pocket dimension?
    Specifically a very American very judgmental God worshiped by a very VERY specific brand of Christian.
    That's pretty much the Abrahamic faiths... but this isn't the place for theological discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Hope got murdered? By who?

I must have missed an issue.