Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Honestly though we can say this for just about every B-list mutant and below in the X-verse. It's not like we're seeing covers with Firestar, Glob or Pixie. Frankly it's a bit shocking we're seeing M and Husk seeing such high profile exposure.
    that's just the power of being an omega level writer and having favs to stan
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Could be that Thompson means it's all an elaborate simulation. A holodeck session with a side of brainwashing as opposed to an actual alternate timeline like AoA was.
    oh so like all the new mutants are in a Danger Room situation except X-Man actually made life but they can’t leave the Danger Room.

Fantastic Member

I know the AoXM wasn't perfect, but a fair number of the minis were really good and I'm a little bit sad to see it end. I wouldnt mind if somehow, a few of the mutants stayed or the place continued to live on and there was some monthly or bi-monthly "Tales From the Age of X-Man" thing.

I am, however, fully ready for everything to end in 5 days. Got my HoXPoX box and a tenuous desire to buy all the new titles that spring forth.*

*except Wolverine-related books. I gotta draw the line somewhere.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Could be that Thompson means it's all an elaborate simulation. A holodeck session with a side of brainwashing as opposed to an actual alternate timeline like AoA was.
    Well it was never an alternate universe because they never left the 616 reality. The holodeck simulation is close to what I was thinking the whole time, which was Nate pulled them into a different plane and gave them altered memories in this world he created. But they never left the timeline or the universe, just kind of a pocket dimension. Similar to what "Moira" did in Age of X when she altered the reality around Utopia and rewrote everyones memories. So we're going to have a situation like before when Emma (or another telepath) can remove people's memories or experiences. Lots of "Frenzy"'s will be left who don't want their mind fiddled with.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 07-12-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    LOL Leah going out of her way to say AOXM is not an AU when she used it being an AU as one of the reasons she didn't wanna give Betsy a gf...
    Oh well even Zack said these are 616 characters. Another oportunity lost to out Betsy

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Well, they are the 616 characters but they are living in a world created by Nate with different lives and experiences from the ones from the "real" world. That is maybe why some people call it an AU. It has all the elements except that the characters are from 616 but with their minds totally altered, believing on a different world.

The mental gimnastics are incredible, this AU is not an AU. Like that makes this any different to the previous two Age of whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    The mental gimnastics are incredible, this AU is not an AU. Like that makes this any different to the previous two Age of whatever.
    It's just Heroes Reborn Revisited Yet Again. Onslaught has two fake Earths to account for.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

This is the dumbest thing ever and they're acting like it's some amazing reveal or twist.

Mighty Member

Yes, Age of X-Man isn't an AU.

And an RBMK Reactor doesn't explode.

Have a nice day.

BANNED

The “it’s not an AU” stuff reminds me of DC saying “it’s not a reboot” whenever they’re doing a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Yes, Age of X-Man isn't an AU.

And an RBMK Reactor doesn't explode.

Have a nice day.
    Comrade Dyatlov is the kind of great villain the X-Books need!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The “it’s not an AU” stuff reminds me of DC saying “it’s not a reboot” whenever they’re doing a reboot.
    Pretty much. It's the same weapons grade bullonium, just used differently.

I can not be the only one after Age of X-Man is in "Who cares" mode. Really, what does it matter if it is an AU or not?

LMAOOOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I can not be the only one after Age of X-Man is in "Who cares" mode. Really, what does it matter if it is an AU or not?
    Yeah, plus we already knew the characters were their 616 versions. Was this just to make sense of the new mutant characters? Because I doubt they’re coming over to the regular plane of existence one way or the other.