Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Don't overthink it.

"This is not an AU. This is a whole new plane of existence."

Sounds cool. It just sounds cool. Rule of cool. That's it. Sounds dope.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

They will have to do mental gymnastics so that the conclusion does not involve the genocide of billions of mutants. Because those people who are not X-Men assume they are real or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They will have to do mental gymnastics so that the conclusion does not involve the genocide of billions of mutants. Because those people who are not X-Men assume they are real or not?
    Yeah they have lives and everything. It’s funny because none of the X-Men have really been treating them like real people. Even Jubilee threw some of them out of the way and said they were all fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Don't overthink it.

"This is not an AU. This is a whole new plane of existence."

Sounds cool. It just sounds cool. Rule of cool. That's it. Sounds dope.
    Oh. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by tycon View Post
    yeah they have lives and everything. It’s funny because none of the x-men have really been treating them like real people. Even jubilee threw some of them out of the way and said they were all fakes.
    "You're not real! My baby boy is real! Get outta the way!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah they have lives and everything. It’s funny because none of the X-Men have really been treating them like real people. Even Jubilee threw some of them out of the way and said they were all fakes.

Oh. Cool.
    In the preview, Bobby seems to realize that he at least doesn't want to make that mutant kid cry.

So:
    A) They are not real and it does not matter what happens
    B) They are real and will survive in this "plane of existence"
    C) They are real and they are going to die
    D) They are real and will end on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    In the preview, Bobby seems to realize that he at least doesn't want to make that mutant kid cry.
    Fair. Faaaiiiiiiiir. Plus, Jubilee did care a lot for Nezumi and her baby’s wellbeing.

So:
    Gah damn. I think Age of X-Man is gonna have a bittersweet ending so ‘B’ will most likely end up happening, but I really hope it ends up being ‘D’. Aside from Moneta, there isn’t a single new mutant that I hate, I love them all. Introducing an entire new world of mutants to an already populated world does kind of meet the motif of Hickman’s run about “When two aggressive species share the same environment, evolution demands adaption or dominance.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Comrade Dyatlov is the kind of great villain the X-Books need!
    An incompetent idiot with a head-in-the-sand management style? Isn't that just the X-Office?

So:
    D seems like the only option that's out completely for me. Aren't there billions of mutants? 616 Earth can't sustain that many extra homo [insert species here]. Double the population? Nah. Even if Hickman has Krakoa seeds planted across Earth to help with resources, nah. Plus the Nate's World mutants will be completely naive to bigotry and emotional connection. The X-Men can't protect billions of vulnerable mutants.

A is what I was expecting at the beginning: it's all a mental illusion. We're told that's not the case.

B? If there's a whole world of mutants out there with no hatred but the need for trained heroes, I don't know why the X-Men and every mutant they can grab won't ship off to Nate's World in an instant after kissing their loved ones in the 616 goodbye. B is the most merciful option if these mutants are actually real beings but it creates problems for the X-Men. Will the X-Men want to return to a planet that hates and fears them when there's another option? Good drama, I guess.

C, oddly enough, is what I think will happen. Nate tried to destroy 616 concepts of god, then he played god, now his creation comes crashing down as he himself probably dies. Billions of sapient beings dying? That's par for the course when you play on this scale, kid.
    Last edited by nx01a; 07-12-2019 at 05:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    D seems like the only option that's out completely for me. Aren't there billions of mutants? 616 Earth can't sustain that many extra homo [insert species here]. Double the population? Nah. Even if Hickman has Krakoa seeds planted across Earth to help with resources, nah. Plus the Nate's World mutants will be completely naive to bigotry and emotional connection. The X-Men can't protect billions of vulnerable mutants.

A is what I was expecting at the beginning: it's all a mental illusion. We're told that's not the case.

B? If there's a whole world of mutants out there with no hatred but the need for trained heroes, I don't know why the X-Men and every mutant they can grab won't ship off to Nate's World in an instant after kissing their loved ones in the 616 goodbye. B is the most merciful option if these mutants are actually real beings but it creates problems for the X-Men. Will the X-Men want to return to a planet that hates and fears them when there's another option? Good drama, I guess.

C, oddly enough, is what I think will happen. Nate tried to destroy 616 concepts of god, then he played god, now his creation comes crashing down as he himself probably dies. Billions of sapient beings dying? That's par for the course when you play on this scale, kid.
    Yeah, who wouldn’t take Plan B?

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, who wouldn’t take Plan B?
    A woman of my size can't always depend on Plan B, which is why other options are very important to consider.

In all seriousness, it just seems too...happy and logical
    Also, remember people, Plan B has been found to be less effective for women above a certain size.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    A woman of my size can't always depend on Plan B, which is why other options are very important to consider.

In all seriousness, it just seems too...happy and logical
    Also, remember people, Plan B has been found to be less effective for women above a certain size.
    This is true. Wrap that **** up, peepee-havers. Not all the dependency should be on anyone with a vagina who could be taking contraceptives that don’t necessarily work with their body. But aside from sex education, yeah I don’t see why any X-Man would want to leave the world after they beat the **** out of X-Man now that they are finally free from anti-mutant discrimination. But some mutants are understandable, like Jubilee or Northstar. But for the majority of New X-Men that have families that have abandoned them, they really have nothing to come home to aside from more dead friends to bury.

Also, how many mutants are there in the 616? It’s always been nebulous but from Decimation, M-Pox, constant sterilization, and now the mutant vaccine, they could really set the number at whatever they want. And now all the new mutants, esp the children, getting brought to the normal plane of existence don’t have to face any hatred from their families.

So:
    B or C.

Maybe x-men can't save Nate and his world, so every native on AOXM dies.

A independent pocket universe on B would be cool

This is true. Wrap that **** up, peepee-havers. Not all the dependency should be on anyone with a vagina who could be taking contraceptives that don’t necessarily work with their body. But aside from sex education, yeah I don’t see why any X-Man would want to leave the world after they beat the **** out of X-Man now that they are finally free from anti-mutant discrimination. But some mutants are understandable, like Jubilee or Northstar. But for the majority of New X-Men that have families that have abandoned them, they really have nothing to come home to aside from more dead friends to bury.

Also, how many mutants are there in the 616? It’s always been nebulous but from Decimation, M-Pox, constant sterilization, and now the mutant vaccine, they could really set the number at whatever they want. And now all the new mutants, esp the children, getting brought to the normal plane of existence don’t have to face any hatred from their families.
    Asking the amount of mutants is like asking the amount of oxygen in the room: the only time it matters is when it's too low for anyone to be comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Asking the amount of mutants is like asking the amount of oxygen in the room: the only time it matters is when it's too low for anyone to be comfortable.
    Pshhhhh just say that mutants never reached the number they used to be at, so there’s like.....idk 20 million mutants. Plus the approximately eight billion new mutants arriving in 616, it will create a hostile environment where humans will have to fight for resources while the X-Men try to create a new home for the excess of mutantkind. I know I’m jumping hurdles, but it’s too dark to have all those mutants just die or for the X-Men to return without at least more than half of them staying on this world.