Default Golden Age Sargon the Sorcerer Appreciation (2019)

Back in All-American Comics #24 (March 1941), the issue had a promotional ad for two new characters who would be joining the likes of Green Lantern, The Atom, Mutt & Jeff, plus other features in that comic book:

Dr. Mid-Nite's feature started in issue #25, but in the following issue (All-American Comics #26, cover-dated May 1941), Sargon the Sorcerer began his adventures!
    From issue #26:

to be continued . . .

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Sargon has always been a favorite of mine. I hope he reappears soon. I think he'd be a great addition to the current Justice League Dark.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    to be continued . . .
    More from Sargon's first feature in All-American Comics #26:

From All-American Comics #27 (June 1941):

The remainder of Sargon's adventure in All-American Comics #27 (June 1941):

Ultimate Member

I love the powers of the Ruby of Life, to 'grant life' to inanimate objects. Very cool, and the sort of power we don't see as much.

I wonder if the Ruby of Life has any connection to Nommo/Dr. Mist, who has been said to be a ridiculously ancient immortal, and to have created magical stones of power, back in the day. It would be neat to tie those threads together, and have Nommo be the original creator of the Ruby of Life, and perhaps to establish some other ancient stones of power, such as a Diamond of Death, or something. (Not that Dr. Mist would necessarily *want* to create a gem that allows the wielder to kill people with a touch, or create zombies, but perhaps for every magical thing, there must be an opposite to maintain the balance of forces...)

I've actually played Sargon in a super-hero RPG, using Animation as his primary power (and various stage-magician skills like perform, stealth and sleight of hand). It was a fun character, animating carpets to rise up and wrap someone up, statues to grapple, etc. He wasn't quite up Sargon's level, since he couldn't make an animated object float around (no flying carpets!) or reshape/transmute matter the way Sargon sometimes could (like making the rock soft as a pillow, in the above scene), but he could also draw upon the Ruby of Life to heal himself or others at a touch, so there was that. (Seemed like a logical extension of his abilities, and fitting the theme of a 'Ruby of Life').