Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attack Wakanda

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Dr. Strange didn't have any powers until years after Captain America: The Winter Soldier. They were targeting him for his social/political influence and/or knowledge, presumably. I don't know that there's any indication that SHIELD or top spies like Black Widow even knew that the Sorcerers existed.
    Well, given all of the things that SHIELD knows about, it wouldn't stun me if they knew about sorcerers. Also, there would be no reason to target Strange before he was sorcerer - he'd be someone Hydra wouldn't really have a problem with. It wasn't like he was especially influential or even liked by... literally anyone.

So, timeline incongruity aside, you'd kind of have to assume that he was, in fact, magical when they targeted him.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

^ Strange would have had to have been a sorcerer by then, right? Unless Hydra had something against smugness I don't think Strange, as a surgeon, was particularly hero-leaning. And he seemed more concerned about being renowned than being influential. And being targeted for knowledge doesn't make sense, Hydra wanted to kill all surgeons?

Hydra's algorithm predicted people who may be a problem in the future. we dont know how they did it but they tagged a shitton of problematic people to kill, sorcerers or not. Strange doesnt need to be a sorcerer for that to happen.

Not that it matter since INSIGHT helicarriers were especially built to kill people from the atmosphere. I dont think any of Fury's helis were like that or as advanced.

^ They used satellites for targeting but the targets need to be within a certain area - from the map they showed in the movie; the outer radius reached just past New York, probably around 250 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    ^ Strange would have had to have been a sorcerer by then, right? Unless Hydra had something against smugness I don't think Strange, as a surgeon, was particularly hero-leaning. And he seemed more concerned about being renowned than being influential. And being targeted for knowledge doesn't make sense, Hydra wanted to kill all surgeons?
    I now want to make it canon that someone at HYDRA met Strange and disliked him so much he got out on their kill lists out of pure spite

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I now want to make it canon that someone at HYDRA met Strange and disliked him so much he got out on their kill lists out of pure spite
    He refused to operate on a family member of some junior coder, perhaps?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I second this motion.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I second this motion.
    I third it, how about a vote?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I fourth the motion, but will point out that America's current Secretary of Housing and Urban Development is a brilliant neurosurgeon who, to put it as diplomatically as possible, has no relevant qualifications and was assigned the position entirely because of his connections.

Stephen Strange seems to be at least as good as his job as Ben Carson, and seems to travel in circles where he could be very politically influencial if he ever decided to step into that arena, while also being the exact opposite of the type of person that would fall in line under Hydra. Wasn't he being contacted to repair the spine of Iron Man's best friend before he went off the cliff?

According to The Ancient One in Endgame, The Avengers takes place five years before Dr Strange is in the sanctum santorum. That should be Doctor Strange becoming a wizard firmly after Winter Soldier and probably Civil War.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    According to The Ancient One in Endgame, The Avengers takes place five years before Dr Strange is in the sanctum santorum. That should be Doctor Strange becoming a wizard firmly after Winter Soldier and probably Civil War.
    Definitely after Civil War, as the first guy that Strange is hearing about in this scene seems to be post-Civil-War James Rhodes:

Astonishing Member

Ok, anyway - the carrier if it has a normal load out, still can wipe out all the ground pounders.