View Poll Results: Do you like Taylor Swift's new single "Look What You Made Me Do"?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 26.19%
  • No

31 73.81%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Do you like Taylor Swift's new single "Look What You Made Me Do"?

Due to huge sales and massive streaming, Taylor's new single "Look What You Made Me Do" (LWYMMD) will dethrone "Despacito" tomorrow in the US BillBoard Hot 100 Chart. LWYMMD was released on August 27, 2017 and debuted on the said chart at #77 only because it didnt have a full week as it was released on August 24, 2017 (Thursday).

LWYMMD is the first single on her upcoming album "Reputation which will be released on November 20, 2017.

The official music video premiered on August 27, 2017 during the 2017 MTV Video Music Awards. The said music video has broke records and has the most views in a 24-hour period with 43.2 million views, beating the previous record set by Psy's "Gentlemen" music video which had 36 million views in a 24-hour period.

The music video is still the # trending video in YouTube and currently has 182,646,825 views on its 9th day.

Do you like Taylor Swift's new song?
    Do you also like the music video?

It ain't no Shakepear's Sister.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

In a nutshell, no.

Taylor Swift is far from the worst modern day singer/pop artist but, truth to tell, nothing about that song inspires or excites me in the slightest. There's worse music out there also.

Once again, your one-man mission to turn the CBR board and it's members into fans of vapid pop acts isn't gonna work. Do you even pay attention to the music appreciation threads on here?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    In a nutshell, no.

Taylor Swift is far from the worst modern day singer/pop artist but, truth to tell, nothing about that song inspires or excites me in the slightest. There's worse music out there also.

Once again, your one-man mission to turn the CBR board and it's members into fans of vapid pop acts isn't gonna work. Do you even pay attention to the music appreciation threads on here?

That's not my objective. I just wanted to share that Taylor Swift's new single is dominating the charts worldwide.

I'm not a fan of the song and the music video to be honest. I like her past songs more.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    That's not my objective. I just wanted to share that Taylor Swift's new single is dominating the charts worldwide.

I'm not a fan of the song and the music video to be honest. I like her past songs more.
    Why though? I would never go as far as to say that there aren't any people on here with a liking for Taylor Swift's music but I feel that they'd be in the minority. I don't mean to be rude but I can't imagine that most members on here could care less how some throwaway pop song is doing in the charts. We already know that Taylor Swift is a popular artist.

I admire your enthusiasm for pop music and culture. I genuinely do. You seem to misread the interests and tastes of the board sometimes though. I'd recommend you take a browse through the Classic Rock, Metal, Jazz, Hip-Hop & R&B threads. They'll give you a much better idea of the general music tastes and how they're represented here on CBR. Stay cool RLAAMJR .

I like it better every time I hear it. I can't wait till the new album comes out and I love the video
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Pfft! Just another modern day pop tart who put publicity first, music second.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I am trying to figure out behind the thought process that combined a desire to be more "edgy" with sampling "Too Sexy For My Shirt" by Right Said Fred. The result is both pretentious and ridiculous. Possibly the most annoying piece of garbage pop Swift ever released.

Also: The song uses a line frequently used by abusers of all kinds and tries to make it cute and sexy. Which makes it the most morally bankrupt song since Goffin & King's "He hit me, and it felt like a kiss."

Oh yeah. I think it's excellent. It's arguably morally repugnant in the absolving of personal responsibility, but that makes it fascinating.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

My issues with her stem from the idea of playing victim. And really?! He hit me and it felt like a kiss. I'm assuming that the later parts of the album will cover probably at least one dig at Katy Perry, one dig at Nicki M., another at probably Calvin, and possible one at Tom Hiddleston or the comic fans etc. that screwed up their romance, or some such utter tripe. It seems to be a pattern with her. She'll be upset over something that she can play with for a song, and then make it seem like she was the one that was wronged.

I agree with Mr. Mets on this, there's a sense of absolving moral responsibility. Not only is that skeezy, but it does nothing to counter the "Madonna" complex thing she puts out as well. "I'm a good girl, these others wronged me." Or the issue that she takes with anyone that cuts off their relationships. I get a strong feeling that this album may have the eye of Marvel studios in the future, in that they won't want a song about one of their more popular characters right now getting lambasted. That's where I think this could go.

Honestly, I'm liking Kesha's newest album a lot more. There are some strong emotional songs on there, but also some really fun and sentimental ones, and the girl has stronger singing chops then Swift.

Side note, even her songs written for others seem to be weird in some cases with the lyrics. Not that there aren't other writers that write weird songs, but it seems consistent with her.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Also: The song uses a line frequently used by abusers of all kinds and tries to make it cute and sexy. Which makes it the most morally bankrupt song since Goffin & King's "He hit me, and it felt like a kiss."

You don't listen to a lot of rap, do you?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I couldn't get through the whole thing before stopping it.

It's like eating fake ice cream from Mcdonald's.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    You don't listen to a lot of rap, do you?
    That's racist.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    That's racist.
    Eminem's written plenty of morally bankrupt songs.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets