Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 122

Thread: June 2019 sales

  1. #31
    Astonishing Member AHRNIHAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    2,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Damn, Kinberg sabotaged the X-Men comic books...

    Oh wait. Sorry I got confused.
    Marvel itself sabotage the X-men books.

    Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Could we make a mature conversation? Like, you know... men, and not kids?
    "I think what's been messed up about Cyclops is that he's the guy who believes. Charles has a dream, he believes in an idealized world. It's the other guy, the soul of it... that's who Cyclops is."

  2. #32
    Sad & Brazilian PrezValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It's mostly the variants. I checked how well the Psylocke book with the horny David Finch covers in 2009 did and it sold nada.
    Getting horny for comic book art is weird as is and getting horny for Finch's art is a whole other level of low.

    But I agree it's the variants. 36, right? That's so excessive it's not even funny.
    Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move.

  3. #33
    Read Messiah Complex fsger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Come on Age of X-man show me how low you can fall!
    I hope they don't even get to 15k. That could teach Marvel a lesson.

  4. #34
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Come on Age of X-man show me how low you can fall!
    I hope they don't even get to 15k. That could teach Marvel a lesson.
    The lesson for them will be that this was an event about the lack of sex and in a perfect world- the next AU event will be in a dystopia with lots of people doing it.

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Getting horny for comic book art is weird as is and getting horny for Finch's art is a whole other level of low.

    But I agree it's the variants. 36, right? That's so excessive it's not even funny.
    That is NOT counting the one Wal-Mart got for her that is suppose to be in stores in some Marvel pack of comics.

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Any one betting Uncanny is out of top 40 & AoXM is out of top 140?
    I think Uncanny might be safe just because I think other stuff dropped or did not ship and less new books that entered higher than UXM, and general sales decline of other books below it. Now, we could go over/under, let's say 38K (May it sold about 42K both issues)

    AoXM, well half the books already reached that goal (out of top 140)

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The lesson for them will be that this was an event about the lack of sex and in a perfect world- the next AU event will be in a dystopia with lots of people doing it.
    That is exactly the lesson here. Porn and overshipping sre the keys to success!

  8. #38
    Embrace the Fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Any one betting Uncanny is out of top 40 & AoXM is out of top 140?
    For sure. Not that big of deal for UXM since digital sales have been kicking ass and taking names, but yeah, the book getting kicked out of the TOp 40 only to come back for the finale sounds pretty reasonable.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-12-2019 at 09:56 PM.

  9. #39
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Getting horny for comic book art is weird as is and getting horny for Finch's art is a whole other level of low.

    But I agree it's the variants. 36, right? That's so excessive it's not even funny.
    I said 36 in the main Marvel board but I can't find where I got that exact number from, hopefully I didn't make it up. Depending on how available they are, the number is definitely higher than 10 and (probably) lower than 50:

    https://www.comicburst.com/blog/blac...ver-checklist/

  10. #40
    Kurtty Fan Slicknickshady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Wow! Congrats to the X-Men for coming in at number 8!
    Sort of funny.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 07-12-2019 at 10:20 PM.

  11. #41

    Default

    Top-100.

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...-in-june-2019/

    Should hopefully be some X-comics included here at least!

  12. #42
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,368

    Default

    Did UXM #19 have a special variant?

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Did UXM #19 have a special variant?
    It had a marvel anniversary variant, the bump is because Emma was on the cover.

  14. #44
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,154

    Default

    Apparently even Logan doesn't sell as well as he used to. The highest his book made being placed 42. Compared to the numerous Batman titles in the top 10.

    Then Dead Old Logan at 69th place.

    Obvious Young hasn't been good to Deadpool. Goo riddance to him on that character.

    War of Realms Uncanny X-Men 3 should be lower than 84. That didn't even need to be higher than 101 as bad as that was.

  15. #45
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    5,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Apparently even Logan doesn't sell as well as he used to. The highest his book made being placed 42. Compared to the numerous Batman titles in the top 10.

    Then Dead Old Logan at 69th place.

    Obvious Young hasn't been good to Deadpool. Goo riddance to him on that character.

    War of Realms Uncanny X-Men 3 should be lower than 84. That didn't even need to be higher than 101 as bad as that was.
    To be honest, many people stopped caring about Old Man Logan the moment the original came back. It is sad because I think he is one of those characters that can pull the old looks.
    Ranking of favorite characters
    Phoenix/Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm

    My ships: Jean/Scott, Wanda/Vision, Scott/Logan, Rogue/Gambit, Storm/Black Panther.
    I have very biased opinions and i like to voice for the things i like but I'm not trying to deppreciate other things. The line is thin and blur sometimes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •