Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: June 2019 sales

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It had a marvel anniversary variant, the bump is because Emma was on the cover.
    There were also 3 Tyler Kirkham exclusive variants.

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...canny-x-men-19

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Did UXM #19 have a special variant?
    Isn't it the one with Emma?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    There were also 3 Tyler Kirkham exclusive variants.

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...canny-x-men-19
    Didn't know about those. Cheesy as all hell, but beautiful nonethess. That "cartoony/friendly-looking" Mystique is just too funny.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Apparently even Logan doesn't sell as well as he used to. The highest his book made being placed 42. Compared to the numerous Batman titles in the top 10.
    While Marvel clearly botched Wolverine's return and the overexposure is a factor, he wasn't selling all that much before he died, probably in part due to the terrible writing of the "Wolverine is the new Xavier" era.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    While Marvel clearly botched Wolverine's return and the overexposure is a factor, he wasn't selling all that much before he died, probably in part due to the terrible writing of the "Wolverine is the new Xavier" era.
    I think that it was more a combination of him being everywhere and the lack quality material, 2011 to 2014 was the period when Logan got his worst material, Aaron, Loeb, Gillen and Cornell just didn't a very good job. Old Man Logan by Lemire actually did a better job in keeping the brand alive but Brisson hasn't been able to keep the momentum.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Apparently even Logan doesn't sell as well as he used to. The highest his book made being placed 42. Compared to the numerous Batman titles in the top 10.

Then Dead Old Logan at 69th place.

Obvious Young hasn't been good to Deadpool. Goo riddance to him on that character.

War of Realms Uncanny X-Men 3 should be lower than 84. That didn't even need to be higher than 101 as bad as that was.
    Logan was featured prominently in Savage Avengers so far and that's selling well, unless you assume folks are buying it for Conan. I don't know why(I do know why lol) you're comparing how Logan's selling to Batman when nobody is touching Bats in sells. Either way you wanna put it though, on the Marvel side of things, Logan is still a seller, more so than the rest of the mutants

Mighty Member

Maybe Logan doesn't sell in the high numbers that he did in the past but he still sells head and shoulders above any other x-character. He has connections and associations across the marvel universe that no X-man can match, and I'm sure when his solo eventually comes out it will be a top seller. Yeah some X-men can have a decent selling mini but I doubt they can sustain a decent ongoing solo book over a significant period of time. Outside of Logan the X-men are seen as a collective group(to be featured in a team setting) rather than a collection of individuals(to be featured in a bunch of solos).

I think they are putting too much logan content again, they might burn him the same way before his dead

Ouch Age of X-Man not even listed

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Ouch Age of X-Man not even listed
    Good. It didn't need to be. Six months of filler waiting on Hickman. They could've just let the ResurrXion titles continue & meet up for an Omega issues leading to Hickman, instead of AU crap that split up characters, cut off reunions, and led to Rosenberg's horrific Uncanny.

Good. It didn't need to be. Six months of filler waiting on Hickman. They could've just let the ResurrXion titles continue & meet up for an Omega issues leading to Hickman, instead of AU crap that split up characters, cut off reunions, and led to Rosenberg's horrific Uncanny.
    Rosenbergs Uncanny has been the number one selling series on Comixology every week it's come out since issue 17

Rosenbergs Uncanny has been the number one selling series on Comixology every week it's come out since issue 17
    I'm sure mud would sell better than **** too, but neither is chocolate. lol

Given Rosenberg & his Uncanny was the final straw in making me turn my back on, and borderline hate one of my former favorite characters, I personally can't give his Uncanny any credit for being anything other than terrible, with a lot of character assassination. Figuratively & literally.

But given the quality of X-book as of late, I guess it only makes sense it's the book that's doing the best.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-14-2019 at 11:07 AM.

yeah, they made a weird decision

I'm sure mud would sell better than **** too, but neither is chocolate. lol

Given Rosenberg & his Uncanny was the final straw in making me turn my back on, and borderline hate one of my former favorite characters, I personally can't give his Uncanny any credit for being anything other than terrible, with a lot of character assassination. Figuratively & literally.

BUt given the quality of X-book as of late, I guess it only makes sense it's the book that's doing the best.
    The X-books have been shocking in quality for years.

We hit rock bottom with Jason Aaron and Lemuire. Objectively this and Bendis were a slight notch up. Not anything spectacular but a notch up.

The first ten issues were far worse.

The X-books have been shocking in quality for years.

We hit rock bottom with Jason Aaron and Lemuire. Objectively this and Bendis were a slight notch up. Not anything spectacular but a notch up.

The first ten issues were far worse.
    Honestly, I thought the first 10 issues were better. Not much happening, but loads better than anything we started seeing when Rosenberg went solo.