Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: June 2019 sales

Spectacular Member

Age of X turned out to be a tremendous failure, even though it stated out as an interesting idea. Let’s hope that’s the last of this kind of “event” for the x-men now that they are fully back in the marvel stable ! I think Hox and Pox will sell like avengers end game tickets... a whole friggin’ lot!!! But I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the books that come after this in October might even sell more!

Depending on what X-Books Marvel has planned, along with their respective creative teams post HoX/PoX, it’s entirely possible that outside the flagship book and one other book the post-HoX/PoX books don’t sell any better than the recent X-Books from the past few years. That’d be disheartening for Marvel, I’m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    Age of X turned out to be a tremendous failure, even though it stated out as an interesting idea. Let’s hope that’s the last of this kind of “event” for the x-men now that they are fully back in the marvel stable ! I think Hox and Pox will sell like avengers end game tickets... a whole friggin’ lot!!! But I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the books that come after this in October might even sell more!
    Exactly. No more events for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    lolololololol no one will think that was where they erred
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I am sure that wave 2 of X books will start after new event.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    Age of X-Man, please. Let's not confuse it with Age of X, an actual amazing story.

Last edited by Hi-Fi; 07-16-2019 at 06:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    lolololololol no one will think that was where they erred
    Recent sales data disagrees strongly with this assessment. In general the recent crossovers (War of Realms, Infinity Wars and Spider-Geddon) have underperformed in comparison to Secret Empire, (with exception to WoR #1). And the Age of X-Man titles finished below the top 100 in June. And Secret Empire was done under the previous regime. So for the current EiC, crossovers just isn't a sure thing.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 07-16-2019 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Recent sales data disagrees strongly with this assessment. In general the recent crossovers (War of Realms, Infinity Wars and Spider-Geddon) have underperformed in comparison to Secret Empire (with exception to WoR #1). And the Age of X-Man titles finished below the top 100 in June.
    those events all made bank while you could write a book report on the reasons why AOXM bled including its format, its creators' clout, its marketing, its premise, its schedule, and the content it was created to buy time for

dan buckley isn't gonna get on the skype chat with cb and quesada and conclude, "no, it is the events that are wrong"

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    And lol age of copy cats didn't even make it to top 120
    What is this, the May 2019 sales thread?

those events all made bank while you could write a book report on the reasons why AOXM bled including its format, its creators' clout, its marketing, its premise, its schedule, and the content it was created to buy time for

dan buckley isn't gonna get on the skype chat with cb and quesada and conclude, "no, it is the events that are wrong"
    So much this, lol.

Hickman picks up the phone at 4AM

DAN BUCKLEY DRINKING A MIMOSA WITH A VAPE PEN: Okay, so we'd like you to do that Infinity thing again, but this time like X-Finity. The hyphen's there so Comcast leaves us alone. But do you get it, it's like Infinity but with a--

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Age of X-Man, please. Let's not confuse it with Age of X, an actual amazing story.

What a waste. Alot of those designs should have made their way outside of this story, especially Rogue, Dazzler and Cyclops

BANNED

"The best designs of the last decade were in a 7 issue AU" says it all really.

I wish Age of X Dazzler could step on me and call me a loser.

Astonishing Member

those events all made bank
    Except they didn't make as much bank as compared to their predecessors (Secret Empire) and WoR was outperformed by ongoings like Immortal Hulk and ASM (outside of WoR #1). Or that Black Cat #1 with a bunch of covers outdid War of Realms #1.

And being "filler" doesn't change the fact Marvel invested time, labor and money into Age of X-Man which in the end performed at cancellation levels. With these kind of data points, having less crossovers make more sense. Or else for these crossovers to perform consistently you have to scale up.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 07-16-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Except they didn't make as much bank as compared to their predecessors (Secret Empire) and WoR was outperformed by ongoings like Immortal Hulk and ASM (outside of WoR #1). Or that Black Cat #1 with a bunch of covers outdid War of Realms #1.

And being "filler" doesn't change the fact Marvel invested time, labor and money into Age of X-Man which in the end performed at cancellation levels. With these kind of data points, having less crossovers make more sense. Or else for these crossovers to perform consistently you have to scale up.
    I won't argue that these crossovers have not been seeing the ROI that other ones have, but for Marvel they are still making money, and still making more money than anything else they could be putting out for 3-6 months.

Age of X-Man should not be brought into that conversation. It failed. Maybe if it was selling 30K one could argue that there was event fatigue, but not even X-Men readers wanted it. War of the Realm still outsold Thor.