Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    All-New Member

Mole man or Namor, I'm more inclined towards Mole Man though, he works as the first villain in a franchise.

Annihilus is too much imo

I don't think the Fantastic Four would work on TV. I just keep thinking of the poor Inhumans that suffered greatly from a budget that was too low and generic TV showrunners and actors. I am sure the Disney+ shows under the helm of Kevin Feige will be much better in quality, but the F4 are the corner stone of the MU imo and deserve big screen representation and the ability to interact with others and introduce others to the universe as they did in the comics.

Back to the topic at hand, I think there are several villains that could work aside from Doom, who I would save as a villain much like Thanos.

- Mole Man: He could work but they might not want to use him to distance the brand a little from the Incredibles, since they very closely modeled that team after the F4 and their villains. It could be that they play heaviliy into the similarities to the Incredibles to maybe syphon off some of that success and market it as live action Incredibles.

-Diablo: I would love to see him as a villain and Reed continuously try to deny that he is using alchemy and try to figure out what "tech" he is using. Though Diablo could potentially on screen be seen a type of Mysterio with the smoke, the cape and the tricks, etc.

-Annihilus: He seems the most likely to me with his connection to the Negative Zone that would provide an unexplored area for the F4 to explore and try and protect the Earth from.

-Frightful Four: They could be fun to see, but I don't think they work for a first movie. They seem more like villains for a sequel after the popularity and social status of the Fantastic Four has been established. Marvel also likes making the heroes face their villainous counterparts.

-Puppet Master: He could also be interesting, but to me, he would also be a more effective villain if the Fantastic Four have already been established so that way their relationships to each other and the public are already known and can effectively be ruined.

All of the above-mentioned villains can work well, those are just my thoughts. I think Annihilus makes the most sense and would be the most interesting to me, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Doom would really be a natural Avengers villain. He’s Iron Man, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther in one. Throwing all that out at once could seem daunting, but since the MCU set up amazing suits or armor, sorcery, and hidden technologically advanced countries, Doom is perfect.

I’d rather see the FF as a TV series. As much as I love them, they’ve been tried cinematically a few times and I think they’re a damaged movie brand. Daredevil, Punisher, and Ghost Rider all saw satisfying rebirths on the small screen after some poor movie outings. And for their first villain? They could build a season around Galactus.
    Personally, I'm not really so hot on Doom as Avengers antagonist. Sure, in power levels it's a solid match – but the most crucial element of Doom is his relationship with Reed. Take that away, and he loses a lot. Even if you look at his big modern stories, it always comes back to Reed. Secret Wars, despite containing the the entire Marvel Multiverse and the kitchen sink, was basically just the ultimate Reed vs Doom story. Infamous Iron Man was "what would Doom do if Reed wasn't around?". Doom relies on being connected to Reed in a way that isn't quite true of the reverse.

That being said, I do think TV could be a great format for the FF if they got a proper prestige series budget

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The last season of Game of Thrones cost the same as a small film. Why would Disney put that much money into something that would not get as much return as a film?
    It took several seasons of Game of Thrones to earn that budget. The FF would need that kind of money from the get go. Plus the locations in the two properties are very different. The FF travel all over the multiverse while GoT is set in a medieval inspired setting. One requires special effects to depict alien worlds while the other just needs earth-like locales.
    Netflix's Lost in Space was set on one planet throughout the season, they are not going to vastly different places like the FF should.

Plus you add in all the powers and the budget increases even more. TV is simply not capable of handling that. Plus the FF are no more suited to TV than the Avengers or X-Men.
    Well, that’s your opinion though I think you’re vastly overestimating the needed budget. I don’t think they’d be visiting as many worlds as, say, Star Trek, which does just fine on TV. Plus, we’re in a golden age of premium TV. People are more likely to watch things on their streaming services. Look at the number of eyes that saw Birdbox or that new Adam Sandler movie - that number of people would never have paid $15 a ticket.

I also think the X-Men would be better served as a premium television series right now too, but this is our own hot takes.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Astonishing Member

The Frightful Four.With these villains:
    The Wizard.
    Titania.
    Attuma.
    Impossible Man.
    If not Doctor Doom i think the Frightful Four would be cool in the first Fantastic Four movie.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The Frightful Four.With these villains:
    The Wizard.
    Titania.
    Attuma.
    Impossible Man.
    If not Doctor Doom i think the Frightful Four would be cool in the first Fantastic Four movie.
    why Impossible Man?

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Wizard or puppet master
    Since you mentioned Wizard, I'd say go whole hog and have the Frightful Four.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Mighty Member

By the way, did everyone already know Thayer David voiced Kingpin on a Spider-man record, and was a villain in live action Spidey tv show?

You wouldn’t have to do Namor fighting the FF. You could have Namor intro from the comics in the Silver Age as an amnesiac bum in a flophouse, been out of water for decades, and doesn’t know why he needs to drink so much water. A clean cut kid comes in to sleep the night and is informed to watch what happens when bearded Namor is teased, and Namor throws things around like toys.

Then the kid produces a flame from his finger, shaves Namor, and tells him he is the Lord of the sea. Everyone laughs at the joke but Namor remembers. He flies off into the sea, and starts his revenge on the surface people.

Then there could be a post credits scene where Johnny Storm runs into the Baxter Building, and tells his team mates all in civvies, he’s found Namor.

(A possible first FF movie - Of course Doom is jealous when Namor kidnaps Sue, kissing her instinctively, on camera, and this enrages Doom no end. Sue of course is smitten immediately. But, nobody realises that at the FF origin, Sue couldn’t produce Force fields yet. She doesn’t do this till the end of the new franchise movie 2).
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-15-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    The Alchemist Diablo (Esteban Corazón de Ablo) played by Javier Bardem
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I likes this a lot.
    Figure he controls four natural elements (analogues to the four heroes), harnesses and turns them into weapons of mass destruction.
    Even better, through alchemy they have some form of sentience, upping the challenge for our heroes (both believe they are saving the earth?). Science vs (supernatural)
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-15-2019 at 04:54 PM.

The Fox FF really didn’t do Doom justice by giving him any back story with Latveria and the tension between Reed Richards and Victor von Doom at university level. Doom was the king of the Earth, in his mind. He proved it over and over. You have to show that this madness is real in Doom. Go right back to his researches with magic. His psychosis regarding his family exile and death and madness. Doom comes out of this bitter and twisted, in that old cliche manner. But though he’s horrible, there is a semblance of logic to Doom’s motivations. The Marvel Universe is this tragic-brutal world, where people can’t get a handle on its direction. It’s chaotic. It’s a world where Doom can command. I think Doom is the only person who can be leader on Marvel Earth when the chips are down. When there are no rules or laws anymore. (Sure, the heroes can fight for what’s right, but while Earth cannot hold governments together, there is only Doom).

Myself, I do wonder about Secret Wars the event of 2015. Doom was a magician. He was given the power of a god on top of this. When it all came crashing down, Magic didn’t exist like it did before, and Doom was part of all that existed before, magic and god. I wonder about that laugh of Doom at the very end, when Doom looked out that window of castle Latveria. I think Doom achieved the apex of his career, ruling Planet Doom as God Doom for 8 years, in Secret Wars. It was all his madness achieved.

When you look at Dooms World, the oceans are Namor, and he dares not come on land. The surface people dare not go into the sea, because it’s Namor. The world is in balance. All the political tension is played out in the Domains. There is no semblance of Democracy. If it tries, it is sent to the wall and thrown off into the pit. None of the sensitivities of this world can exist in Dooms world. No social systems or safety nets exist there. The lowest common denominator is played out in violence in Dooms World. If I were to write an article on this Secret Wars, it would be of a Medieval world structure, of kingdoms and little petty struggles, where people are placed in rabbit warren, family communities that patrol their finite boundaries. It’s a very pessimistic concept, this Doom world.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-15-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Incredible Member

Mole Man

Think it would be cool to show him as another scientist studying same cosmic events as Reed on behalf of government/military, with the monsters under his control being created by way of exposing a number of laboratory animals to the same cosmic radiation that mutated the Fantastic Four.

Extraordinary Member

I would love to see Annihulus as the main villain for the second movie, actually. So, maybe do it in this order:

1st movie: Mole Man (with maybe the Wizard as a secondary villain)

2nd movie: Annihulus

3rd movie: Dr. Doom

4th movie: The Wizard and the Frightful Four

5th movie: Galactus

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    why Impossible Man?
    A cool character that is classic character of the Fantastic Four stories.Impossible Man transformation powers could be a cool way to a Fantastic Four movie have lots of easter eggs with him transforming in another characters from the comic books.And i think that Fantastic Four stories are Science Fiction stories but have a tone from Comedy as well that would be cool to see in a Fantastic Four movie.

Fantastic Member

Mole Man. In the film version he would've went to college with Reed, Sue and Ben. I picture him having a crush on Sue but she curbed him for Reed which fumed his hatred for them.

After graduating college, he would get a job working for the Federal Government and at some point would become a double agent for a Foreign Power. The name "Mole Man" would come from that.

Mole Man would play an instrumental role in The Fantastic Four's origin and how they got their powers.