Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Spectacular Member

Heralds of Galactus. Start out with surfer then once he turns coat you could bring in other heralds such as Terrax that would lead to a confrontation with the big purple dude himself

Mole Man AND Fasaud

really all depends what the first movie is. are they already established as the Fantastic Four? or is it yet another origin story? if you do an origin story, it would be ridiculous to introduce a character who has nothing to do with that origin. The MCU figured it this out pretty quick. you need to give the audience as much time as possible to meet the hero and come to terms with the fantasy elements of their creation. that's why most marvel heroes, in their origin movies, face villains with similar powersets. you save the exotic stuff for the sequel. if the Four get their powers through cosmic radiation, the threat should also be cosmically irradiated. if they get their powers from another dimension, the threat should come from that dimension. doom should have never been the main threat in the first FF movie; not if you're presenting him as he is in the books. you could have some scientist ("Mole Man") find a means of controlling monsters that come out of the Negative Zone. you could have someone like Diablo be an explorer who got stranded in and altered by the Negative Zone a century ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I thought I couldn't love Steve Rogers any more than I already do, but here he is, eating pizza with a fork, just like I do (the only correct way to eat pizza

Incredible Member your_name_here's Avatar

Annihilus, but more of a background threat.
    Have them solving things and issues, with the threat of Annihilus as the “ticking clock”

Mole Man is not intimidating or interesting, it's his monsters that are. The FF fighting Kaiju-like monsters would be really cool and something we haven't seen in superhero films yet. But Mole Man himself would need a huge revamp to the point where he barely resembles his comic counterpart.
    Get issue 1 of the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!

Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Making Doom the initial villain is a bit like skipping foreplay. Still enjoyable, but you won't get the most out of your time.

I'd say Mole Man in the first, Namor in the second, Doom in the third. You'd have some build up to Doom in the first two movies and other MCU movies as well.

Mighty Member

The Mad Thinker and his Androids could be fun. Maybe take a liberty and make The Growing Man one of them.

Mole Man for sure. The closest we've come to some serious kaiju action in the Marvel films was probably the big whale-looking things the Chitauri used in the first Avengers flick. Mole Man would allow for a backdoor Godzilla-style film...only for once with human characters we actually care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Mole Man is not intimidating or interesting, it's his monsters that are. The FF fighting Kaiju-like monsters would be really cool and something we haven't seen in superhero films yet. But Mole Man himself would need a huge revamp to the point where he barely resembles his comic counterpart.
    all they really have to do is use the Ultimate Universe version. he was more or less their mentor. i think cosmic radiation drove him crazy or something. i really don't want to reread that book. but the best bet is to make him sympathetic and someone they would hesitate to fight (despite him unleashing monsters).
    Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I thought I couldn't love Steve Rogers any more than I already do, but here he is, eating pizza with a fork, just like I do (the only correct way to eat pizza

Paste Pot Pete.