Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default If Not Doom, Who Would You Want as the First FF Movie Villain?

This might be premature since the FF are at least a few year off from their MCU debut, but I thought it'd be nice to posit a scenario. Let's imagine that Doom is off limits as the first movie villain. Who would you want it to be? Galactus is someone you'd have to build up to. So, let's postulate. Personally, I would want to see the Puppet Master and/or Mole Man (as he was the villain of the first ever FF issue). What are your thoughts?

Blastaar, Annihilus, or Mole Man.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I always thought the three incarnations of Kang would be an interesting villain. Rama Tut, Kang, Immortus.

If I were in charge of Marvel I would do a new FF tv show. Ala Daredevil. Perhaps 8 episode seasons. I would plan on crossovers with the movies and the FF appearing in the movies if the need was there. But then you could do so many different storylines. Dr Doom, Mole Man, Namor, the New Fantastic Four for a few episodes, She-Hulk being a member, death and return of Johnny Storm with Spider-man taking his place.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

I would do the Mole Man. He was the first villain that The Fantastic Four faced. An he could be a world level threat that could make the FF establish themselves.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I've always been in favor of going back to the beginning and having Mole Man be the first villain. I'm still leaning that way, but I'm becoming more sympathetic to going with Atlantis. I'd like to introduce Namor without it seeming like it's just copying Aquaman and his villainous tendencies is a good way to do that.

If the origin story is The Negative Zone rather than space, I would strongly consider going with Blastaar and Annihilus instead.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I have an idea for the Red Ghost about him manipulating a young Reed Richards into continuing his illegal research on cosmic radiation and thus the Fantastic Four would be created because of the experiments.

If not an origin I would with Psycho-Man

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I would do the Mole Man. He was the first villain that The Fantastic Four faced. An he could be a world level threat that could make the FF establish themselves.
    come here to post this
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Annihilus in the Negative Zone

Mole man.

He's maybe not the most epic or flamboyant of villain but damn it he deserves some recognition.

I like Namor, but the Aquaman comparisons could (would?) be a problem.

The Mole Man has a legacy position, but seems like there's a big focus on monsters. Still, an environmental angle with stuff like fracking and nuclear wast disposal could be interesting.

Annihilus, Blastaar, and the Negative Zone seems like a natural fit with the FF as explorers. But that's been covered in the latest reboot.

Me, I'd go with Puppet Master and the Mad Thinker. The Puppet Master's method of controlling people as well as the Thinker's incredible talents at predictive modeling make them good foes that will need more than physical battle to be defeated.

Mole man with lots of monsters to fight.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The Mole Man has a legacy position, but seems like there's a big focus on monsters. Still, an environmental angle with stuff like fracking and nuclear wast disposal could be interesting.
    He can also fit with the idea of them as explorers since they could go to Monster Island and all that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mighty Member

The Skrulls.

In an attempt to replicate the Kree Inhuman Project, assuming Marvel Studios don't want to outright remove the Inhumans from the minds of the public, the Skrulls seek to invade Earth after learning about the effects of cosmic radiation on four astronauts.

Incredible Member

Mole and a whole load of 50's monsters....

Mole Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The Skrulls.

In an attempt to replicate the Kree Inhuman Project, assuming Marvel Studios don't want to outright remove the Inhumans from the minds of the public, the Skrulls seek to invade Earth after learning about the effects of cosmic radiation on four astronauts.
    I feel like if we ever see truly villainous Skulls after Captain Marvel, it'll probably be in an FF film.