Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like if we ever see truly villainous Skulls after Captain Marvel, it'll probably be in an FF film.
    Yeah, but will they be villainous? I feel like they've set them up NOT to be.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Puppet Master with a Namor sub-plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I just hope that Reed doesn't brainwash them into being cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    He can also fit with the idea of them as explorers since they could go to Monster Island and all that.
    Good point. In the MCU, the question of why the FF and not the Avengers could be an excellent plot point. The FF exploring some scientific abnormality is a good first meet setup..

Wizard or puppet master

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Terrax is my pick.

Give the plot a Wrath of Khan type feel, with Terrax seeking revenge against the FF for "enslaving" him and his people (his false perception) to Galactus. Human trafficking subtext an added plus. Maybe introduce Franklin as an autistic child, who Terrax senses has the gift. Both are mutants. To everyone's surprise, Terrax forms a genuinely sympathetic bond with Franklin. However, as these stories go, eventually, inevitably bad guys do bad things. With his Power Cosmic waning, Terrax finds a way to tap into Franklin's vast reservoir of power, whereupon Terrax decides that he's going to help humans get to Mars by pulling the red planet into a collision course with the Earth. Sure, he could have just used the moon to destroy the Earth, but it wouldn't have been as colorful.

I can definetly see them going with a different villain than the usual; MCU films have pretty much done that since the beginning. Iron Monger appeared in only a few issues of Iron Man for example, we didn't get to Mandarin until III (and then, just barely); Dr. Strange didn't directly go with Dormammu or Mordo; Spider-Man hasn't dealt with the MCU Green Goblin yet etc. Perhaps they can build up Doom as an approaching threat, sort of like Thanos, and then introduce him in a later film.

There have been a few exceptions: Captain America with Red Skull and Thor with Loki, but they're kind of intertwined with those characters so it'd be hard not to introduce them right away.

Maybe Kang would be an interesting choice, as he was originally an FF villain as Rama-Tut.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Honestly, even if Captain Marvel left things ambiguous, their continued role as good guys would suggest the answer.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I really want Wizard, but as like a supporting antagonist because he can't hold one on his own and the Frightful Four are even a joke in the books.

So--

Mole Man movie maybe

Negative Zone movie with the Blastaar/Annihilus war definitely

Doom movie

Galactus movie
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Count Saknussum, aka Mole Man.

Those were past Skrulls though. I'm thinking maybe in the future and present day MCU, after the refugees reunite, we see the makings of the Skrull Empire and they become more aggressive in retaliation for what the Kree did to them. That was kind of my takeaway from Talos' daughter seeing him kill that Kree soldier.

Heck, I just realized they can use Super Skrull now so maybe he's a Skrull warmonger or something. Maybe leads a Skrull-equivalent to Death Watch from Star Wars.

Annihilius. Great villain, opens the world up and introduces the N zone but he’s not so complicated that he distracts from showing depth of the four main leads. Sometimes in movies it’s hard to have more than one lead

molecule man

It's said that the plan for the MCU is to be more cosmic, so I think the Negative Zone with Blastaar and Annihilus fits that best.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I really want Wizard, but as like a supporting antagonist because he can't hold one on his own and the Frightful Four are even a joke in the books.

So--

Mole Man movie maybe

Negative Zone movie with the Blastaar/Annihilus war definitely

Doom movie

Galactus movie
    Wizard has never struck me as a compelling villain in the comics, it seems like he should be comic relief at this point.

If they use Mole Man (who is not a bad choice for the first movie villain) needs a bump up in terms of motivation, unless he supposed to be some Incel psychopath, which is what the comic book version would be if you think about it, if he is mad about not getting laid and became a supervillain because of it, that's an Incel super villain. Though Doom should be pulling his strings and be revealed in the stringer.

I add my voice to those who support Mole man, if Marvel was able to make Mysterio a real threat, Mole man could be even better.