Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Establish them as the scientific adventure team of the MCU. MOLE MAN!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Count Saknussum, aka Mole Man.

Too bad Thayer David isn't around to play him he would have made a good casting choice for the Mole Man.
    I see what you did there. I like that 1959 version of Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Professor Lindenbrook = Reed
    Alex McEwan = Johnny
    Carla = Susan
    Hans = The Thing

Another idea that would work is that with the privatization of space travel, you have the FF follow the Jim Lee Heroes Reborn Fantastic Four origin. Johnny, Sue and Reed could be billionaires who form a space travel/exploration company which uses the Negative Zone portal as a nexus for traveling to other universes, much like has been done in the comics. Then bringing in Annihilus would be the logical first villain. Battling the Annihilation Wave could be a pretty epic start
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-14-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Count Saknussum, aka Mole Man.
    The Saknussum name is brilliant. Us old folks know where of you speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Too bad Thayer David isn't around to play him he would have made a casting choice for the Mole Man.
    Casting for the Mole Man? Hmmm, Thayer David had a regality that shouldn't be found in Mole Man. I'm only going by Rocky and Dark Shadows, though. My choice is Steve Buscemi. Buscemi is capable of threat and vulnerability

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

No villain!

They return to Earth from their timey wimey adventure in the beyond and set up shop at the Baxter Building. They can have several misadventures dealing with natural causes or what not and working out their powers. Press junkets. Set them up as the science heroes! The FF fighting global warming! The Avengers might punch around a big purple space dude but what about our crippled economy? Wide spread inequality? Ecological disaster approaching? The Fantastic Four are on the job, yo!

I'd like to move away from 3rd act villain and move to a more fluid approach to the world of superheroes on the big screen.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

It should be Namor with Moleman.

The inciting incident should be Moleman mucking about underground causing a earthquake under Atlantis which incurs the wrath of the King of Atlantis.

Extraordinary Member

Doom should be in early scenes of him, Reed and Ben in college...but do Mole Man as the main villain....with Doom in a post credits scene.

Extraordinary Member

I'd say Galactus, because the previous three FF movies have already provided the buildup. If they're going to do yet another FF iteration they need to make it clear why the team matters, which I think means starting them off with the biggest threat imaginable.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I would do the Mole Man. He was the first villain that The Fantastic Four faced. An he could be a world level threat that could make the FF establish themselves.
    I'll join the chorus supporting Mole Man.

Incredible Member

Galactus seems too big for a first outing but honestly anything other than Doom seems to small.

I know people would roll their eyes at going with him again but I would definitely go with Doom. If not then yeah maybe the Mole Man if we put the emphasis on him controlling monsters maybe role in Puppet Master too.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I say start it off with them getting stuck in the Negative Zone and then having to run for their lives and try to escape the forces of Annihilus. The one chasing them would be Annihuls's top general Blastaar.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I keep saying, don't be surprised if Doom makes an appearance in the MCU before the Fantastic Four does. Noah Hawley already had his script ready to go for a Doom solo at Fox. Once the deal was made with Disney/Fox, it's no secret that Hawley has had talks with Kevin Feige about his script. Who knows? he may even show up in a future post-credits scene somewhere in Phase 4.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-14-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I keep saying, don't be surprised if Doom makes an appearance in the MCU before the Fantastic Four does. Noah Hawley already had his script ready to go for a Doom solo at Fox. Once the deal was made with Disney/Fox, it's no secret that Hawley has had talks with Kevin Feige about his script. Who knows? he may even show up in a future post-credits scene somehere in Phase 4.
    I would love to see Doom in the MCU but not so suddenly I want to see some hints and post credits before he gets included as a main villain with all the build up he deserves.

Mighty Member

Annihilus is perfect for a first Fantastic four movie: creepy, powerful, interesting... And if you keep the power of the FF linked with the Negative zone (the only good idea of the last movie) there is real reasons for him to be in this movie.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    This might be premature since the FF are at least a few year off from their MCU debut, but I thought it'd be nice to posit a scenario. Let's imagine that Doom is off limits as the first movie villain. Who would you want it to be? Galactus is someone you'd have to build up to. So, let's postulate. Personally, I would want to see the Puppet Master and/or Mole Man (as he was the villain of the first ever FF issue). What are your thoughts?
    I'd love to see the Wizard and maybe someone else. Wizard in particular could get jobbed out early on, only to return in the sequel with the Frightful Four.

I think Mad Thinker would also be a really good villain for the first film

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlueElf94 View Post
    I'd love to see the Wizard and maybe someone else. Wizard in particular could get jobbed out early on, only to return in the sequel with the Frightful Four.

I think Mad Thinker would also be a really good villain for the first film
    Everybody talk about Spider-man or Batman rogue gallery, but the FF has one of the best rogue gallery of comics. Their only problem is that Doom is so good, dangerous and complex that he overshadows every other villains. But with a good scenario, a scientist antagonist like Mad Thinker, Wizard or even Mole man can be very good.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !