Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

it's somebody that has to be dramatically updated. It can't be campy. The FF can be the more "serious" of the "cosmic" franchises-- the other being the more comedic Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Also, problems need to be solved beyond an explosion at the end.

If it's Mole Man, then the writers have to explain what subterranea is and why it hasn't shown up at all until 2021.
    If Mole Man is used, hopefully he won't be a dwarf. I also don't support Danny DeVito in the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    it's somebody that has to be dramatically updated. It can't be campy. The FF can be the more "serious" of the "cosmic" franchises-- the other being the more comedic Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Also, problems need to be solved beyond an explosion at the end.

If it's Mole Man, then the writers have to explain what subterranea is and why it hasn't shown up at all until 2021.
    If Mole Man is used, hopefully he won't be a dwarf. I also don't support Danny DeVito in the role.
    I feel like campy is a good mode for the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I keep saying, don't be surprised if Doom makes an appearance in the MCU before the Fantastic Four does. Noah Hawley already had his script ready to go for a Doom solo at Fox. Once the deal was made with Disney/Fox, it's no secret that Hawley has had talks with Kevin Feige about his script. Who knows? he may even show up in a future post-credits scene somewhere in Phase 4.
    Doom would really be a natural Avengers villain. He’s Iron Man, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther in one. Throwing all that out at once could seem daunting, but since the MCU set up amazing suits or armor, sorcery, and hidden technologically advanced countries, Doom is perfect.

I’d rather see the FF as a TV series. As much as I love them, they’ve been tried cinematically a few times and I think they’re a damaged movie brand. Daredevil, Punisher, and Ghost Rider all saw satisfying rebirths on the small screen after some poor movie outings. And for their first villain? They could build a season around Galactus.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Doom would really be a natural Avengers villain. He’s Iron Man, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther in one. Throwing all that out at once could seem daunting, but since the MCU set up amazing suits or armor, sorcery, and hidden technologically advanced countries, Doom is perfect.

I’d rather see the FF as a TV series. As much as I love them, they’ve been tried cinematically a few times and I think they’re a damaged movie brand. Daredevil, Punisher, and Ghost Rider all saw satisfying rebirths on the small screen after some poor movie outings. And for their first villain? They could build a season around Galactus.
    I agree about a Tv show. They have so many great stories and a Tv show would allow you to do more of them.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Doom is just as damaged as the FF. He's been in every film they were and faced the same bad portrayal.

Also, the FF don't work for TV. A television budget would not be able to do them justice at all, it would be like the Fox films again, but this time for TV.
    Reed, Ben, and Johnny's powers would especially suffer on a TV budget. It would be a struggle to make Reed's powers look good on film let alone TV, Ben would look bad and the effects needed would be too expensive, and Johnny's flight would be down-scaled greatly to point where you'd be lucky if he flew in the season finale.
    It would be a struggle for just one of them, but you have four superheroes that you need to look good and it just wouldn't work. Plus you add the fact that they are adventurers of incredible places which would also need a huge budget to look good.

It's simply not feasible to do, and wouldn't do them any justice.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

The Alchemist Diablo (Esteban Corazón de Ablo) played by Javier Bardem

Mighty Member

If Agents of SHIELD is any indication, Molecule Man could work since they did have a pseudo-Molecule Man in the form of Eli Morrow.

Annihilus and the Negative Zone is the most natural way to introduce the FF to the MCU. The Soviet era rocket **** just wont work now, and discovering the Negative Zone is something that would make waves in the MCU and get Reed and his team noticed by the already established big-brains in the film series. Going into space would seem second hand now, but going through space, discovering that the Universe has layers and dimensions unknown to science and that there are things out there that would do us harm having discovered our dimension via the FF discovery. Only Dr Strange has things on this level and no one besides Strange understands them anyway (those dimensions being mystical in nature)

Doom needs only to be introduced in passing, building him up, perhaps as someone pulling strings on events happening in a b-plot(s) He should be shown as something distant and mysterious at first. On the news perhaps, He and Latveria seen by the world has a European North Korea. No one quite knows what goes on there since Doom came to power some years past.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Doom is just as damaged as the FF. He's been in every film they were and faced the same bad portrayal.

Also, the FF don't work for TV. A television budget would not be able to do them justice at all, it would be like the Fox films again, but this time for TV.
    Reed, Ben, and Johnny's powers would especially suffer on a TV budget. It would be a struggle to make Reed's powers look good on film let alone TV, Ben would look bad and the effects needed would be too expensive, and Johnny's flight would be down-scaled greatly to point where you'd be lucky if he flew in the season finale.
    It would be a struggle for just one of them, but you have four superheroes that you need to look good and it just wouldn't work. Plus you add the fact that they are adventurers of incredible places which would also need a huge budget to look good.

It's simply not feasible to do, and wouldn't do them any justice.
    I assume the show would be on Disney+, which is getting a considerable investment. 10 episode season or fewer. Look at something like Game of Thrones or Lost in Space. It’s feasible.

I don’t think Doom is as sullied as the name of the movies that tanked though (in average joe moviegoer who never read a comic’s mind). I think audiences will be receptive to Doom if introduced as an Avengers antagonist.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I assume the show would be on Disney+, which is getting a considerable investment. 10 episode season or fewer. Look at something like Game of Thrones or Lost in Space. It’s feasible.

I don’t think Doom is as sullied as the name of the movies that tanked though (in average joe moviegoer who never read a comic’s mind). I think audiences will be receptive to Doom if introduced as an Avengers antagonist.
    The last season of Game of Thrones cost the same as a small film. Why would Disney put that much money into something that would not get as much return as a film?
    It took several seasons of Game of Thrones to earn that budget. The FF would need that kind of money from the get go. Plus the locations in the two properties are very different. The FF travel all over the multiverse while GoT is set in a medieval inspired setting. One requires special effects to depict alien worlds while the other just needs earth-like locales.
    Netflix's Lost in Space was set on one planet throughout the season, they are not going to vastly different places like the FF should.

Plus you add in all the powers and the budget increases even more. TV is simply not capable of handling that. Plus the FF are no more suited to TV than the Avengers or X-Men.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mighty Member

There's a reason I've always held that the F4 is best animated since you can go along with all the campy, colorful insanity that is the Fantastic Four.

Niffleheim

There's no way Val and Franklin aren't in a new FF movie so maybe Reed will play the main antagonist as a neglectful father and husband who is obsessed with his work to expand the MCU daddy issues diary entries, Family First lol!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Everybody talk about Spider-man or Batman rogue gallery, but the FF has one of the best rogue gallery of comics. Their only problem is that Doom is so good, dangerous and complex that he overshadows every other villains. But with a good scenario, a scientist antagonist like Mad Thinker, Wizard or even Mole man can be very good.
    People here keep on saying Wizard is a great villain, I don't think I have heard anyone make an argument here on why they think Wizard is a compelling in the comics or why he would make a good villain for a good movie? Because to me he is a rather one-dimensional jerk villain who has ridiculous reasons for hating the FF, which seemed to have changed for attacking the Human Torch out of boredom to generic jealousy of Reed Richards. Why do you think he is compelling in the comics?

Also, what would Mole Man's motive be in a film, would he be just some Incel psychopath or would he have a sympathetic motive, like trying to save his underground kingdom from fracking?

Also I like Mad thinker, but he is often not written well, he is a hard character to write, but it can be done, like with Peter David did with him in New warriors, but often he is just written as a generic mad scientist and nothing else, I think it would be tricky to make him the villain of a movie, he may work better on a TV show. I like him, but he is tricky to write well.

But how would the FF work on a TV budget?

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    People here keep on saying Wizard is a great villain, I don't think I have heard anyone make an argument here on why they think Wizard is a compelling in the comics or why he would make a good villain for a good movie? Because to me he is a rather one-dimensional jerk villain who has ridiculous reasons for hating the FF, which seemed to have changed for attacking the Human Torch out of boredom to generic jealousy of Reed Richards. Why do you think he is compelling in the comics?

Also, what would Mole Man's motive be in a film, would he be just some Incel psychopath or would he have a sympathetic motive, like trying to save his underground kingdom from fracking?

Also I like Mad thinker, but he is often not written well, he is a hard character to write, but it can be done, like with Peter David did with him in New warriors, but often he is just written as a generic mad scientist and nothing else, I think it would be tricky to make him the villain of a movie, he may work better on a TV show. I like him, but he is tricky to write well.

But how would the FF work on a TV budget?
    https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/...r-10-episodes/

Mandalorian is getting 100 million for 10 episodes. That may or may not be good. So we will have to see.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    The Alchemist Diablo (Esteban Corazón de Ablo) played by Javier Bardem
    I likes this a lot.