Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Witchfinder: Reign of Darkness

"For a decade, fans have followed the exploits of Victorian paranormal investigator Sir Edward Grey in the Witchfinder comic book series spun out from Mike Mignola’s Hellboy. This November, Grey will come face to face with Jack the Ripper.
    [This clash is] the basis for Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder: The Reign of Darkness, a new 5-issue miniseries by Mike Mignola, Chris Roberson, Christopher Mitten and Michelle Madsen."

https://www.facebook.com/darkhorseco...4791?__tn__=-R

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-comic-1223909

YES!
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.” -- Hellboy.
    “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the Wizards.” -- Tony Stark.

When I met Mike Mignola in 2012 we discussed this arc. It's pretty damn exciting to see it coming to fruition.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Sounds like a fun concept, I'm certainly in.

Fantastic Member

...and into a new working partnership with American occult investigator Sara Jewell"

Guys, guys, guys, you already had me on board. Drawn by Mitten, a story we've been waiting a long time to hear, and you're giving me more Sara Jewell? I feel very spoiled.

SO who will Jack the Ripper be? Someone already familiar in the HB universe?

Fantastic Member

There are all kinds of theories about who the actual killer could be in the real world. I loved Alan Moore's From Hell so much that this one has to be reallllll good to really grab me. Hopefully it'll be good ol' gonzo fun while tying into the main themes of the Mignolaverse.

I agree, From Hell is excellent and certainly raises the bar for all Jack the Ripper stories to come.

Fantastic Member

Next week, friends. Just realized it’s a Mitten book, which makes me excited.

Last edited by middenway; 11-27-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KROENEN View Post
    I agree, From Hell is excellent and certainly raises the bar for all Jack the Ripper stories to come.
    Never read From Hell, but I plan to buy the hardcover release of the Master Edition (colorized) in July 2020!

I'm trying something new on Mignolaversity. I'll be checking in after each issue with Chris Roberson.

That first issue was excellent; nice pace and setup for what's to come, and the art is appropriately gritty and dark. I didn't think he'd be honing in on a suspect so early.

Another Mignolaversity Debrief, this time chatting with Chris Roberson and Christopher Mitten.

Witchfinder seems to become more and more confident in using the "black arts". I love the series so far, getting kind of a Young Sherlock Holmes vs the occult kind of vibe; this seems more of an full on investigation than prior series.