Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I thought that was a hockey team.
    ...doesn't everyone get those?

Amusingly, also not our national sport.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    At birth, the castles are only ‘allocated’. Ownership doesn’t transfer until adulthood. It’s a very simple system.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...doesn't everyone get those?

Amusingly, also not our national sport.
    I mean I thought that "Canadian Igloos" was your national hockey team.

And, ACTUALLY, here's a text excerpt from the National Sports of Canada Act:

2 The game commonly known as ice hockey is hereby recognized and declared to be the national winter sport of Canada and the game commonly known as lacrosse is hereby recognized and declared to be the national summer sport of Canada.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/....7/page-1.html

I think that there is something beautifully Canadian about having a National Sports Act. This is probably why Canadians are so polite and nice: this law takes away any argument over what the most important sports in the country are. Without that, you have to argue about important things. Not that you DO, but you would have to if you did that.
    Last edited by big_adventure; 07-16-2019 at 05:33 AM.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

...dammit, they went and changed the law on me 25 years ago. *sighs*
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

This is probably why Canadians are so polite and nice...
    As a side note...boy, have we got the world fooled.
    Why are we here?

I know, right? Just say "sorry" a lot and chuck in a cute "abooot" or two and everyone goes bananas. Well done, Canada, well done.

As an aside, a girl I know was in Vancouver a while back and got a photo of a city bus, instead of the route or whatever on the front screen, it just said "sorry." Is there a government directive or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies
    ...dammit, they went and changed the law on me 25 years ago. *sighs*

I know, right? Just say "sorry" a lot and chuck in a cute "abooot" or two and everyone goes bananas. Well done, Canada, well done.
    The aboot thing is particularly frustrating, as there is one small area of Canada that says it in such a manner, and that's all.

As an aside, a girl I know was in Vancouver a while back and got a photo of a city bus, instead of the route or whatever on the front screen, it just said "sorry." Is there a government directive or something?
    Was probably out of service, and yes, the ones in my city actually have 'Sorry, Out of Service' written across their front screen in those cases.
    Why are we here?

A a dual citizen who's spent a decade in Canada and has a European wife, I feel uniquely qualified to give the following statement: People can be jerks/saints all over the planet. =)
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 07-16-2019 at 08:10 AM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    A a dual citizen who's spent a decade in Canada and has a European wife, I feel uniquely qualified to give the following statement: People can be jerks/saints all over tje planet. =)
    We're no angels.
    Why are we here?

We're no angels.
    We are.

Wait, no, my bad, it’s spelt ‘Angles’. And Saxons.

We're no angels.
    At least YOU are an angel, Sharp.

*cue "I'm not perfect" humble response which only proves my point further*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    At least YOU are an angel, Sharp.

*cue "I'm not perfect" humble response which only proves my point further*
    Thanks for the no-win situation. ^_^

...you know that in my martial art circle, I'm the one everyone looks at sidelong? :P
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Galactus isn't a universe buster.

He's incredibly potent but he's not doing things on a universal scale without the Ultimate Nullifier with is definitely not part of his standard loadout.
    I think the misconception that others have about Galactus comes from his being a fundamental, necessary force of the universe -- getting rid of him upsets the cosmic balance. Not just various alternate timeline stories like Earth X, but also the Lifebringer arc, among others.

The misconception lies in the belief that Galactus himself is therefore a universe buster, but factually he's never summoned up that level of power before. It'd be like saying killing a high ranking politician would upset the balance of a country, which isn't the same as saying that politician has the full power of that country.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Remember your Latin.

One Galactus.
    Two Galactes.
    Not Galacti?

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    DeFalco's run is still better than Slott's run because A) it's so bad, it's good and B) it led to a really well written MC2 universe Fantastic Four, but I digress.
    Slott's FF from issue 1 to the wedding will always have a special place in my heart.

After that, it's like the book is trying exceedingly hard to be as mediocre as possible.
    Last edited by Cyke; 07-16-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks for the no-win situation. ^_^

...you know that in my martial art circle, I'm the one everyone looks at sidelong? :P
    Is it because they know you are secretly just a sword in a human costume ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Is it because they know you are secretly just a sword in a human costume ?
    I think that's pretty much it, yes.
    Why are we here?