Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Your initial note was to suggest she was well beneath him in capacity. The fight basically portrayed them around each other.
    I'd still say he was treating her with kid gloves (by comparison to everyone else anyway) as Devil Hulk has shown no problems going for the gamma drain on most other gamma mutates.

Hercules hurt his knuckles punching Hulk, and he was alright even after YAAS Queen Supreme Thor of Thor's Wow-Isn't-She-Just-So-Thor Jane Thor (Who ismost definitely Thor) gave him a straight smash to the chest he was in pain but unharmed.

Dude has shown plenty of durability.

I'd still say he was treating her with kid gloves (by comparison to everyone else anyway)
    He punched her a country mile, I find that sketchy. You can say that, but that's not how the context of it came off.

as Devil Hulk has shown no problems going for the gamma drain on most other gamma mutates.
    That trick doesn't always work in the grand history of drainings, and trying it and failing would mean more punches.

He punched her a country mile, I find that sketchy. You can say that, but that's not how the context of it came off.

That trick doesn't always work in the grand history of drainings, and trying it and failing would mean more punches.
    That's like a love-tap in the Banner family.

As for the he drain thing it's worked well so far the only trouble is when the well was poisoned with Brian-Squatch or the whole Weapon H Leader Poison thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    That's like a love-tap in the Banner family.

As for the he drain thing it's worked well so far the only trouble is when the well was poisoned with Brian-Squatch or the whole Weapon H Leader Poison thing.
    You seem very intent on needing this showing to be one of Jen being beneath a guy she visibly hurt and that he had to get her to drop her guard to send flying in.

Should I say that Jane Thor was using kid gloves on the Hulk for not making any particular use of the speed she had shown, or various other abilities she'd used?

You seem very intent on needing this showing to be one of Jen being beneath a guy she visibly hurt and that he had to get her to drop her guard to send flying in.
    Kind of a personal shot there chief.

I was just pointing out that Hulk didn't pull out all the tricks he could've in that situation, and that nobody cut out and ate anyone's heart.

In other words Hulk seemed less willing to depower or maim his little cousin than he has, pretty much everyone else in the series.

As opposed to resorting to getting under Jen's skin because he had to.

Kind of a personal shot there chief.

I was just pointing out that Hulk didn't pull out all the tricks he could've in that situation, and that nobody cut out and ate anyone's heart.

In other words Hulk seemed less willing to depower or maim his little cousin than he has, pretty much everyone else in the series.

As opposed to resorting to getting under Jen's skin because he had to.
    So, by that logic, how much was Jane Thor holding back on the Hulk?

So, by that logic, how much was Jane Thor holding back on the Hulk?
    There's not really a comparable relationship between Jane and Banner and Banner and Jen, is there? Bit of a false equivalency.

There's not really a comparable relationship between Jane and Banner and Banner and Jen, is there? Bit of a false equivalency.
    Your "proof" for the Hulk holding back was not using all the tricks he could have. Neither did Jane. That's not "false equivalency", that's, you have one standard for one character, and a second, or, double, one for another character.

Alternatively, two characters had a fight that had them operating around a similar level of physicality to each other, and trying to read any other meaning into it leads to this sort of problem.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 07-15-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Your "proof" for the Hulk holding back was not using all the tricks he could have. Neither did Jane. That's not "false equivalency", that's, you have one standard for one character, and a second, or, double, one for another character.

Alternatively, two characters had a fight that had them operating around a similar level of physicality to each other, and trying to read any other meaning into it leads to this sort of problem.
    Then considering that their fight didn't go overlong you have to grant that Hulk's decision to end the fight the way he did is as easily about expediency as necessity.

Other than that, sure they showed roughly equivalent strength levels in this fight I'll agree.

Are we saying that Savage Shulk is well beyond Jane Thor and Hercules then, as a measuring stick?

I'm cool with that, just curious where we want to place her.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Are we saying that Savage Shulk is well beyond Jane Thor and Hercules then, as a measuring stick?

I'm cool with that, just curious where we want to place her.
    ... Aaron's She-Hulk has been as inconsistent as his Thor, and not just with feats either. But that's a whole other kettle of Namors.

She's definitely stronger than Classic She-Hulk. But even in universe she has scalable strength, which isn't a desirable trait in a measuring stick.

... Aaron's She-Hulk has been as inconsistent as his Thor, and not just with feats either. But that's a whole other kettle of Namors.

She's definitely stronger than Classic She-Hulk. But even in universe she has scalable strength, which isn't a desirable trait in a measuring stick.
    *decides to close his new business; Piece-of-String Metrology Services; before it opens*