Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If the League has members like Vibe and Gypsie and gets their ass kicked by Infinity Inc. Titans.

In case of JLI and JLE it is not really a difference. And that turned anyway soon in comedic book, and it is hard to take them serious if among their biggest villains were guys like Manga Khan or Mister Nebula (Ok that was JLI and not JLE, but JLE wasn't much better). And the way Wally was presented there also didn't do him much of a favour.
    You do realize your opinion of the book, stories, and characters doesn't change the fact it WAS the Justice League. And Wally wasn't much different than he was in the early Mike Baron issues. The JLI issues also had some serious stories as well.

Here I was speaking about the Morrison era Big Guy JLA not the JLE.
    So you're saying the Morrison JLA was less of a big deal than the JLI/JLE? I'm giving up on taking you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Sure, around them, but not so much socially. Biz is fine, too.

Who are the other people in Jason's age bracket (though not introduced until later):
    Danny Chase (not introducing him would be the way to go)
    Mia Dearden
    Jaime Reyes (a poor match, I think)
    Anita Fite
    Cassie Sandsmark
    Kon-El
    Cissie King Jones
    Ray Terrill
    Lagoon Boy
    Solstice
    Marvel family
    Any of Lucius Fox's kids

I don't know all of them. One of Fox's kids could work reasonably well with either pre-death or post-resurrection Jason (Tim and Tiffany might have been too old, but since they didn't mind giving him another kid to hang out with Tim and they're remaking universe anyway...). I think Ray could be tweaked a little for young Jason, but I've read very little with him (his dad was a monster in the ones I read, though).
    With Connor becoming Tim's best friend outside of Steph, and Jason having Biz, I think we can avoid that bit.

What little I've read of Danny Chase... I agree. Him not being there to begin with is better.
    Mia Dearden, I could see her and Jason relating to one another, pre-death at least (and ignoring Jason's pre-Flashpoint escapades after Under the Red Hood).
    Jaime, I could see Jason be interested in the bug armor.
    Cassie, well, Jason has a knack for getting along with Amazons. Both before and after his death, so I could see a friendship there.
    Luscius' kids, it would give Jason friends in Gotham at the very least that are his age.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    You do realize your opinion of the book, stories, and characters doesn't change the fact it WAS the Justice League.
    And not all Incarnations of the Justice League are equally big. It really depends on who is on the team.
    You had Justice League incarnations like Detroid, Antarctica ,Task Force (after it was turned into a rookie team) or Justice League United that I would consider to be lower tier than Titans. And JLE was at least imo not really a step up from Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    So you're saying the Morrison JLA was less of a big deal than the JLI/JLE? I'm giving up on taking you seriously.
    Ok in detail:
    - JLI not a real step up from Titans
    - Morrison JLA thats a big step up from Titans
    - JLI or Morrison JLA with the rest of Titans also joining, not such a big step up

And not all Incarnations of the Justice League are equally big. It really depends on who is on the team.
    You had Justice League incarnations like Detroid, Antarctica ,Task Force (after it was turned into a rookie team) or Justice League United that I would consider to be lower tier than Titans. And JLE was at least imo not really a step up from Titans.

Ok in detail:
    - JLI not a real step up from Titans
    - Morrison JLA thats a big step up from Titans
    - JLI or Morrison JLA with the rest of Titans also joining, not such a big step up
    Still not taking you seriously.

Astonishing Member

First thing was not moving to the horrid Baxter format, which killed almost all of the titles that went on them as they were taking out of the newsstands to draw new readers.

Creatively, it seems all the sub-plots of the main Titans (Raven, Starfire, Changeling, Cyborg, Jericho) had been resolved and the book got too stable. Marv was correct in the sense that the Titans needed a new member (Danny Chase), but he was reviled and whatever plot happened, the core cast always reverted back to the same group at the end of every chapter. (Not to mention Titans was in its own Universe and never participated in any of the DC crossovers)

So viewers slowly bled readership and Titans Hunt came way too late to shake up the status quo. Basically complacency and isolation killed the title. Things like the Wonder Woman reboot, the Denny O'Neil Batman era didn't help.

Astonishing Member

Like I said Wally joining the JLI didn't really feel like a step up.
    And the general Problem with the "big seven" JL is that it at some point stops like the "big seven" JL when you add to many "non big seven" members.
    And if they had all the big seven mantels handed down to the Titans, the JL had also feeled more like Titans then like big seven.
    Literally in Wally's own comic he talks about how getting the JL invitation is a big step up in his life. Like it's a huge deal to him that they sent him one. When Wally is in Morrison's JLA no one is talking about how he's joined the big leagues -- they had long considered him a part of the big leagues. Kyle Rayner is the new kid on the block who has to establish himself. Wally acts as tenured gatekeeper.

So I don't know what you're talking about when the comics themselves discount your opinion. This isn't like, me disagreeing with you about what counts as a "big" JL comic. This is me pointing out to you that the narrative of the comic disagrees with you.
    Last edited by Dred; 07-16-2019 at 04:02 PM.