Default Where does the MCU go from here?

I am sorry if this has been brought up in another thread but I have some questions about the MCU. So with no more Captain America, Ironman or Avengers movies where does the MCU go from here? I dont think they are putting all their stock into Spiderman.

What movies are in the works? Does Disney have the rights to Xmen and Fantastic Four back? What is going on with Spiderman? They only have the rights to him for another movie?

Thanks for answering all my questions.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I did ask the question too. where do you go for X-Men when the last movie in the original timeline was Noir? MCU needs an adult contemporary universe of Marvel stories. How long can MCU contunue with the ''disney formula'' of humor and lighthearted stories?
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-13-2019 at 01:58 PM.

What Marvel will likely do is to start introducing the next generation of Marvel heroes with the subplot being a threat from a future movie like the Celestials or Dr. Doom, Galactus, etc. Then, the heroes that still exist plus the new heroes to be introduced will get together to form a new Avengers team to combat that threat.

In other words: the same, but different.

I believe they said something to the effect that they're 5 years from using the Fox properties (X-Men and Fantastic Four).

So presumably the next phase will involve the heroes who weren't a part of the first 2 phases... Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, BLack Panther, Spider-Man, and Ant-Man. I assume they'll make up the next group of Avengers. Plus we know SHang Chi and Eternals are being made.

Afterwards, they can incorporate the FOX stuff.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I did ask the question too. where do you go for X-Men when the last movie in the original timeline was Noir? MCU needs an adult contemporary universe of Marvel stories. How long can MCU contunue with the ''disney formula'' of humor and lighthearted stories?
    The Television shows are the adult contemporary.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Slapstick could use a gritty reboot.
    Assassinate Putin!

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

With the introduction of the Eternals and pending how they do , they can now introduce Marvel's Greek gods and their version of Hercules and before you say Hercules has been done to death , Marvel Hercules personality is very different and I think far more appropriate to use then Thor .. Hercules has a workable humor but they may have problems with his near obsession of women, and I believe at times he is bi so this should please the woke left..

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I thought the world would have X-Men fatigue by now, but I thought the same about Spider-Man.

I think the X-Men and the Fantastic Four will be brought into the MCU eventually, but not too soon.

Spider-Man, Guardians, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and the new Captain America will provide plenty to work with for a while. There will be at least one more Dr. Strange movie and probably another Ant-Man. Eternals and Black Widow have movies coming up too.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    What movies are in the works?
    Black Widow
    Shang Chi
    Black Panther 2
    Captain Marvel 2
    Dr. Strange 2
    GOTG 3
    The Eternals

We also know about 3 Disney Plus shows set in the MCU: Loki, Falcon & Winter Soldier and Wanda/Vision.

I also believe Feige said the X-Men probably won't be used for about 5 years.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post

When people starts getting tired of it.. which currently does not seem to be the case...