All-New Member

Default Elephantmen - help!!

I finally completed my run of Elephantmen and I am ready to read it when I realize there were a few issues that came out before Elephantmen No. 1. I then buy a hardcover called Hip Flask Unnatural Selection and it only looks like a reprint of one story. I've looked online and cannot seem to find decent publication history.

Are there any Elephantmen fans out there who can tell me what I need to buy to finally get a complete story?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Astonishing Member

Here's what mycomicshop.com pulls up on Hip Flask.

All-New Member

Interesting, looks like a series of Hip Flask one shots. Too bad they aren't all collected in one trade.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

yeah, i'm not 100% sure it's all collected in the 10th Anny HC. Amazon just says Unnatural Selection and Hip Flask proper. https://www.amazon.com/Hip-Flask-Unn.../dp/1607067714 There is this also https://www.amazon.com/Hip-Flask-Con...dp/1582406790/

That being said, I read just Hip Flask proper I think. I forget, honestly, it was so long ago. But yes, their origin story was quite good and dark.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

Sometimes things are special because they don't last. -- Zhi, Tales from the Loop

All-New Member

Thanks, I appreciate the help.