Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default Wolverine & Monica Rambeau, "The Ressurection & The Light": Bad Guys Apply Here

I'm trying to think up a dark, truly evil villain or team to face off against Wolverine and Spectrum. An odd couple to be sure, but no different really than any of Logan's other team-ups. Any suggestions for a good foe?

Arrow

Carnage

Bullseye

Red Skull

Mr. Sinister

Green Goblin/Norman Osborn

Mr. Negative

All of the above spring to mind for truly evil or nasty villains.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-13-2019 at 06:35 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The tricky part is coming up with a villain that will last more than 2 seconds against Monica.

Doom is an easy choice.

Dracula could be kind of fun given he's got a little bit of history with both Logan and Monica. You just need to come up with a reason for Monica to not kill him with UV light in the first 3 seconds of the fight (like maybe he gets a page of the Darkhold which grants him immunity to sunlight).

Magneto kind of works too. He's fought Monica and Logan. And he's powerful enough to beat both.

Ok, check this... Wolverine is my favorite character, but what villain exist out there that she would need Logan's help to defeat? From what I understand Monica's insanely powerful, unless she got depowered recently and I'm unaware. I remember reading an Avengers comic where she circled the Earth in 2 seconds.

BANNED

why not make a new character?

Extraordinary Member

Not sure who exactly...but someone minor who gets to shine for a change.

Mrrungo Mu from the "Enslavers" graphic novel, maybe?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mrrungo-Mu_(Earth-616)
    He was able to absorb every super hero's strenght. So make him able to absorb Monica's energy too and he'll provide a challenge.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Hard to think of a character that could draw both Monica and Logan into a conflict. If I had to choose a villain for them to team up against I would probably go with The Gorgon. Would love to see Monica give him the business.

as long as it doesn't involve a romance.
    who can threaten Logan but also Monica? I have no clue.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The tricky part is coming up with a villain that will last more than 2 seconds against Monica.

Doom is an easy choice.

Dracula could be kind of fun given he's got a little bit of history with both Logan and Monica. You just need to come up with a reason for Monica to not kill him with UV light in the first 3 seconds of the fight (like maybe he gets a page of the Darkhold which grants him immunity to sunlight).

Magneto kind of works too. He's fought Monica and Logan. And he's powerful enough to beat both.
    Magneto is not as powerful as he used to be and even if he was I don't think he could defeat Monica. He would put up a decent fight but Monica`s powers are to versatile, plus she moves at lightspeed, the fight would be over before Mags could react. Monica is a beast in terms of sheer power, there are few who could take her in a fight. Is she immune to telepathy in her energy form? Because if so then she solo`s all the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Magneto is not as powerful as he used to be and even if he was I don't think he could defeat Monica. He would put up a decent fight but Monica`s powers are to versatile, plus she moves at lightspeed, the fight would be over before Mags could react. Monica is a beast in terms of sheer power, there are few who could take her in a fight. Is she immune to telepathy in her energy form? Because if so then she solo`s all the X-men.
    Magneto vs Monica is a pretty tricky fight. On a Rumbles board I'd give it to Monica via speed blitz. But in a non rumbles board comic book setting, both are powerful enough to believably beat the other. With one sided prep (something most villains have), he could get the drop on Monica. But certainly there are a lot of ways Monica can creatively overcome Mags as well.

BANNED

monica downed magneto before from what I remember
    Pretty easily too.
    in X-men vs avengers though it was temporary, he was cetainly down for the count atleast
    though I guess magneto controlling a fundamental force can certainly put a dent in monica's electromagnetic spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    as long as it doesn't involve a romance.
    TRUST me, no romance in any way, shape or form. I'm approaching Monica as someone who ironically sees herself as someone with a dark nature, despite her light powers. As a consequence, she tends to be drawn more to men who stand as beacons of light themselves, like Adam and T'Challa, than to men who have dark, conflicted souls like Wolverine. That's not to say that Wolverine doesn't find Monica attractive. He probably won't admit it, but he's drawn to women with a very complex edge to them. It's probably one of his mutant powers that has yet to be officially catalogued. I could see adding a panel or two where Logan makes a pass at Monica -- which most men would -- but going down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Ok, check this... Wolverine is my favorite character, but what villain exist out there that she would need Logan's help to defeat? From what I understand Monica's insanely powerful, unless she got depowered recently and I'm unaware. I remember reading an Avengers comic where she circled the Earth in 2 seconds.
    Monica isn't cosmic abstract-level powerful any more, but she's still probably at that same level that she was in her early appearances in the Avengers. She hits hard enough to give Zeus pause.

But the story that I have in mind occurs back when Monica's powers were in flux. She wasn't nearly as powerful. At that time she was more like the original Captain Mar-Vell, with super strength, durability, flight, and some energy based attacks. So conceivably a number of villains might work here.