View Poll Results: Can Jean & Emma Be Friends?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 43.38%
  • No

77 56.62%
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Maybe not friends but maybe bitter acquaintances that clearly respect each other? I enjoyed the snarky banter they had in Hopeless’ Jean Grey solo.
    So basically Wolverine and Cyclops before Schism, i can live with that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm not quite sure if consider then friends, for a long time they were more like uneasy allies with some level of respect for eacth other. Things changed after that 2010 mini with Aaron/Kubert; but even then after all that journey was over they pretty much avoid each other as much possible even when they gained new a understanding about thenselves.

For another side, Peter has a 50 issue series with Deadpool of all people (who is even worse than Wolverine), so maybe i'm reading him wrong.
    Logan and Parker are friends. I mean, outside of the X-Men(and excluding Logan's own personal supporting cast), I consider Spider-Man Logan's closest friend in the super-hero community.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    No. For the same reason Wolverine & Creed would never be friends. Hell, Wolverine hated the Exiles Creed, whom he has no history with simply because it's Creed. lol

So no. I don't think Jean x Emma can ever been friends when she screwed her husband just to spite her, and seems proud of it because it worked out well for her. "Your nightmare was my love story."

And I think only an Emma stan writer would go that route.
    Emma didn’t sleep with Scott to spite Jean, but she definitely didn’t give a **** about how she felt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    No. For the same reason Wolverine & Creed would never be friends. Hell, Wolverine hated the Exiles Creed, whom he has no history with simply because it's Creed. lol

So no. I don't think Jean x Emma can ever been friends when she screwed her husband just to spite her, and seems proud of it because it worked out well for her. "Your nightmare was my love story."

And I think only an Emma stan writer would go that route.
    OH yes. Hopeless favorite character is Emma and his writing shows it.

IDK why people think the solo is a good example of writing Emma and Jean, when Emma humiliates Jean and she doesn't do nothing about it.

Emma didn’t sleep with Scott to spite Jean, but she definitely didn’t give a **** about how she felt about it.
    Yes, it was to spite Jean. then she fell in love with Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Logan and Parker are friends. I mean, outside of the X-Men(and excluding Logan's own personal supporting cast), I consider Spider-Man Logan's closest friend in the super-hero community.
    I always though that his closer friend outside the X-Men was either Carol or Fury.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    If Jean can be friends with Bishop, work well with Magneto and forgive Black Bolt, yes, she can be friends with Emma. Her moral compass is all over the place if we go by past deeds. And whoever comes up with the "but the affair was more personal", please don't bother. Because I'm sure none of you would, when faced with the choice between the person who your significant other cheated you with, and a dude who nuked a city you don't care about in the Middle East, choose to become buddies with the second one.

But I agree with Snoop and Maestroneto, as usual, that they should never be friends, because that would be freaking boring.
    I agree that Jean can be friend with Emma.
    I don't agree that Emma can be friend with Jean.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Maybe not friends but maybe bitter acquaintances that clearly respect each other? I enjoyed the snarky banter they had in Hopeless’ Jean Grey solo.
    That was the worst writing for Jean I have seen lately

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Why on Earth would Jean - or anyone - want to be friends with Emma after Rosenberg's run?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I agree that Jean can be friend with Emma.
    I don't agree that Emma can be friend with Jean.
    Yeah, Emma became pretty spiteful of Jean after some time. I guess seeing how much Scott missed her and tried to hide, even when they were together, did a number of her. Also the way she talked about Jean at the beginning of Bendis' run. She did have a big soft spot for Jeen and they actually bonded, but that was a whole other context.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    So basically Wolverine and Cyclops before Schism, i can live with that.

Yeah. Because hating each other and being courteous friends are equal levels of boooooring. But each time they interact, them trying to constantly one-up each other but still being able to work together is a fun dynamic to see. Jean’s larger than life and she’s been the cosmic deity of death and rebirth. She should be hurt but I wouldn’t be shocked if she’s over the affair by now.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    If Jean can be friends with Bishop, work well with Magneto and forgive Black Bolt, yes, she can be friends with Emma. Her moral compass is all over the place if we go by past deeds. And whoever comes up with the "but the affair was more personal", please don't bother. Because I'm sure none of you would, when faced with the choice between the person who your significant other cheated you with, and a dude who nuked a city you don't care about in the Middle East, choose to become buddies with the second one.

But I agree with Snoop and Maestroneto, as usual, that they should never be friends, because that would be freaking boring.
    The second option is far easily.

I know some people like Emma, but I don't know anyone that is friends with the person they cheated on

what if a menacing third party violates the neutral zone of scott's wang and emma and jean must UNITE
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Why on Earth would Jean - or anyone - want to be friends with Emma after Rosenberg's run?
    Rosenberg run will be probably forgotten. Jean not being friends with Emma go back to when Emma helped Jean be abused by Mastermind and then she went to have sex with Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    what if a menacing third party violates the neutral zone of scott's wang and emma and jean must UNITE
    Both should be over him

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yes, it was to spite Jean. then she fell in love with Scott
    Do you have a scan to prove that the affair was just to piss Jean off? Because from what Emma has displayed, on-panel, it was a case of Scott confiding in Emma and their interactions turning into a romance.

That was the worst writing for Jean I have seen lately
    Im afraid you’re in the minority.

Do you have a scan to prove that the affair was just to piss Jean off? Because from what Emma has displayed, on-panel, it was a case of Scott confiding in Emma and their interactions turning into a romance.
    Emma admited it, sure I don't have it, but it happened. Emma was mean to Jean for the sake of being mean

Im afraid you’re in the minority.
    I'm not. Only Emma fans like the solo