View Poll Results: Can Jean & Emma Be Friends?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 43.38%
  • No

77 56.62%
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Wolverine is friends with Emma. He starred in the story where he goes up to her and tells her this. Written by Chris Yost
    that predates Schism and AvX. Wolverine hasnt had any fondness or Emma in years. He hates her and are definitely not friends

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It feels so long ago.
    Almost a decade, if i don't count Uncanny X-Force.

But anyway, Jean and Emma can be friendly and work together fine, just don't expect then to have drinks and girl talk in their free time, most likely they would avoid each other as much as possible. Is pretty much how Logan and Scott worked, i don't see what they would be any different.

that predates Schism and AvX. Wolverine hasnt had any fondness or Emma in years. He hates her an are definitely not friends
    And after messing with his memories, yeah... she crossed a personal line, regardless of her intentions, Logan really hates people messing with his head.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I don't get this mentality at all. Jean works with the most unrepetant psychotic murderer on the planet (Logan), a man who killed billions trying to kill Jean's son and granddaughter (Bishop), a man who destroyed an entire country out of spite (Namor), but working with Emma is over the line?
    And Jean destroyed an entire civilization and Emma massacred Inhumans and threw fellow mutants into re-education camps. Logan only kills bad guys, Bishop was remorseful and made amends with Hope and Namor is like Emma. Unrepentant and unapologetic. Besides Cyclops gave kill orders and some want Jean to get back with him. No one has clean hands but Emma made it personal with Jean. And why is the onus on Jean to be Emma's friend, let Emma make the first move. Let her reach out, let her go to Jean and say "I'm sorry" and own up to what she did. We know she won't do it so why should Jean waste one second on Emma. Jean has plenty of friends she does not need Emma's friendship nor a working/professional relationship with her.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Almost a decade, if i don't count Uncanny X-Force.

But anyway, Jean and Emma can be friendly and work together fine, just don't expect then to have drinks and girl talk in their free time, most likely they would avoid each other as much as possible. Is pretty much how Logan and Scott worked, i don't see what they would be any different.
    Yeah, this how I see it. Though with all things considered, who is actually friends with who at this point?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Wolverine is friends with Emma. He starred in the story where he goes up to her and tells her this. Written by Chris Yost
    Maybe at one point he considered her a "friend" but after the latest Uncanny issues with her manipulating his mind and all the crap she's been up to that friendship is most definitely over. Hell he just tried to kill her and if not for the O.N.E he probably would have. So no, Logan and Emma are most assuredly not friends.

Yeah, this how I see it. Though with all things considered, who is actually friends with who at this point?
    Kurt and Logan would always be great friends and is beautiful.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Of course they can.! they are fictional characters they can do whatever hey want if them are well written.

Id like to see them overcome the affair . Infidelity happen it doesnt define a person as a good or bad fella.

the x-men all fucking hate each other

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that predates Schism and AvX. Wolverine hasnt had any fondness or Emma in years. He hates her and are definitely not friends
    I loved Wolverine and Beast's friendship with Emma in New X-men so I do not support him hating Emma now. In fact I never liked Logan and Scott being enemies. They were friends in New X-men, well there was a mutual respect. It was growth, but of course in comics they have to undo things and create drama. The X-men are truly a soap opera.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    And Jean destroyed an entire civilization and Emma massacred Inhumans and threw fellow mutants into re-education camps. Logan only kills bad guys, Bishop was remorseful and made amends with Hope and Namor is like Emma. Unrepentant and unapologetic. Besides Cyclops gave kill orders and some want Jean to get back with him. No one has clean hands but Emma made it personal with Jean. And why is the onus on Jean to be Emma's friend, let Emma make the first move. Let her reach out, let her go to Jean and say "I'm sorry" and own up to what she did. We know she won't do it so why should Jean waste one second on Emma. Jean has plenty of friends she does not need Emma's friendship nor a working/professional relationship with her.
    Why should Emma and Jean not have a good working/professional relationship if they’re.......gonna be working together? Or at least from what’s implied from the HiX-Men era.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That was Emma pointing out that Jean normally doesn't take aggressive and potentially dangerous measures, but the forthcoming Phoenix was forcing her hand. It makes perfect sense to anyone who actually wanted to read it, and not just instantly hate it because Emma was there not kicking puppies.
    It reads as another jab on Jean, if the writer wanted another take he should had worded it better

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Maybe at one point he considered her a "friend" but after the latest Uncanny issues with her manipulating his mind and all the crap she's been up to that friendship is most definitely over. Hell he just tried to kill her and if not for the O.N.E he probably would have. So no, Logan and Emma are most assuredly not friends.
    Exactly. Thats just not how their relationship is in current continuity

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm not sure if you are correct, how do you come up with that the majority didn't like it? Maybe we need another poll LOL .
    reaction on twitter and here on CBR?

I returned to the X-men after a few years of not buying the books due to the Jean Grey and Iceman solos. Now, I wish the Phoenix stuff had been done different, but alas it is what it is (and again it was better than Rosenberg's handling of it).
    Rosenberg is a low bar on Phoenix
    My favorite part of the Jean solo was the parts with Emma. I guess it reminded me of the Morrison run which I admit I am a mega fan. I can recall years ago in the online fandom when it felt taboo to like more than one X-lady. On the message boards the fandoms always pitted against each other (we still do unfortunately). I know there are Jean fans who hate Emma and Emma fans who loathe Jean Grey. But I don't think these vocal minorities truly reflect the fandom. I think there are a lot of us who love both characters. Jean is my #1 favorite but Emma, Besty, and Storm are definitely in my ton 10 favorite X-men.
    who knows, on twitter it doesn't look a minority. Not a minority too, but a expressive numbers of fans.

Women shouldn't be pitted against each other and especially over a man. Jean did fight Emma in the book and it was great because it gave Jean flaws. We all have flaws. But Jean also saved her life and realized Scott needed her. They have worked together since then (teen Jean, Ghost Jean..). I am sure they will eventually cross paths again. They may never be close friends, but I do think there is a level of respect between them.
    I don't really see the problem. As long as it doesn't become a norm between female characters on x-men. Not all women should be friends, that is ok. And it has little to do with Scott, Emma screwed up jean and deserves to pay. that is fine
    Scott needing Emma was another bad fanfic by Morrison.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Kurt and Logan would always be great friends and is beautiful.
    Yeah, it's a beautiful thing isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the x-men all fucking hate each other
    This is starting to make me think of this song:

"This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

This is starting to make me think of this song:
    I am getting this. lol