View Poll Results: Can Jean & Emma Be Friends?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 43.38%
  • No

77 56.62%
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

They can be "friends" in the same way that Wolverine and Cyclops are friends. Wolverine has tried stealing Jean since Day 1, and Jean has always had a crush on Wolverine. Scott and Wolverine even went to war against each other, which is way worse and collateral than Emma nosing into Scott and Jean's marriage, which already had problems.

So yes I'd love to see Emma and Jean interaction, and I'm not even sure if the ghost story counts since it was just a ghost of Jean. It's totally unfair that Wolverine and Cyclops get to be in comics together, and we still haven't seen any Emma and Jean interaction. Totally ridiculous.

Clearly Logan was just trying to "steal" Jean because of sublimated desire for Scott that he could never admit to himself. Hickman, you want your new X-books to be truly unprecedented? Make Scott/Logan and Emma/Jean the leading couples of the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think Jean would be open to it. Emma not much, but depending on the circumstances it could happen. I don't think they HAVE to though. I think the main reason so many people want for them to be friends is this kind of "WOMEN SHOULD STOP FIGHTING OVER MEN, BE FRIENDS INSTEAD!!!" idea, and I get why, but they're fine having more of a frenemy dynamic without being really close.
    Half the time it’s guys telling us this. Like, please. There’s nothing wrong with fighting for who you love.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    They can be "friends" in the same way that Wolverine and Cyclops are friends. Wolverine has tried stealing Jean since Day 1, and Jean has always had a crush on Wolverine. Scott and Wolverine even went to war against each other, which is way worse and collateral than Emma nosing into Scott and Jean's marriage, which already had problems.

So yes I'd love to see Emma and Jean interaction, and I'm not even sure if the ghost story counts since it was just a ghost of Jean. It's totally unfair that Wolverine and Cyclops get to be in comics together, and we still haven't seen any Emma and Jean interaction. Totally ridiculous.
    Wolverine tried, then Jean wrote him a letter and he fully accepted that he and Jean would never be a thing.
    When Jean and Scott marriage was in crisis, Wolverine tried to help. EMma mislead Scott to start a affair.

Big Difference.

I never look forward to Emma and Jean interation, because writers always favor Emma as the "underdog. as if they know what underdog means

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Maybe not friends but maybe bitter acquaintances that clearly respect each other? I enjoyed the snarky banter they had in Hopeless’ Jean Grey solo.
    This. Similar to Emma's relationship with Storm. Snarky, semi-hateful, semi-mutually respectful.

I’m friends with a guy who my partner of 8 years cheated on me with and I broke up with him over.

I acknowledge this isn’t common or conventional. But our friendship doesn’t involve this ex at all. I know it soundsa absurd but it’s the god honest truth. The ex never comes up, they have no relationshiptogether and I have no relationship with the ex either.

I know the Emma Scott Jean situation isnt the same but my point is, I don’t think there is any single thing that 100% disqualifies people from being friends. You just never know. I think jean and Emma could be friends so long as their relationship with Scott was in no way a part of their friendship, which would Likely be hard to accomplish if they were all xmen.

If jean and Emma couldn’t be friends I think it would be more likely due to ideological differences.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’m friends with a guy who my partner of 8 years cheated on me with and I broke up with him over.

I acknowledge this isn’t common or conventional. But our friendship doesn’t involve this ex at all. I know it soundsa absurd but it’s the god honest truth. The ex never comes up, they have no relationshiptogether and I have no relationship with the ex either.

I know the Emma Scott Jean situation isnt the same but my point is, I don’t think there is any single thing that 100% disqualifies people from being friends. You just never know. I think jean and Emma could be friends so long as their relationship with Scott was in no way a part of their friendship, which would Likely be hard to accomplish if they were all xmen.

If jean and Emma couldn’t be friends I think it would be more likely due to ideological differences.
    I think it all depends the circumstance of the way it happened. Sometimes the person doesn't know the cheater has a gf/bf. That is very excusable.
    Emma not only knew, but acted to make it happen. That is very no excusable

I doubt Jean or Emma are willing to give up Scott. Emma I'm pretty sure she would go mad if Jean got Scott back.
    And they are always interacting, because x-men

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I put no. Mainly because I only can see their relationship being similar to Scott and Logan's at its best. Scott and Logan may have a good work dynamic and be part of the X-men "family", but they're not friends.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

They might be friends unless Emma finds out Jean mind raped Scott at the end of Morrison’s run

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    They might be friends unless Emma finds out Jean mind raped Scott at the end of Morrison’s run
    To be fair, almost every psychic at this point in Scott's life has manipulated him in some way without his permission. Also, I doubt that's ever going to be touched, for reasons...

Also, does Jean even remember doing that? That might be a whole different can of worms on second thought.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-14-2019 at 12:59 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

The kind of “friends” that have common enemies, and both women are smart enough to not let pettiness get in the way of that (well, at least most of the time with regards to Emma) and each realize their end-goal is pretty similar, and their main differences lie in how they approach solutions to said problems? Sure.

Going to the nail salon and talking about boys and babies 24/7? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    To be fair, almost every psychic at this point in Scott's life has manipulated him in some way without his permission. Also, I doubt that's ever going to be touched, for reasons...

Also, does Jean even remember doing that? That might be a whole different can of worms on second thought.
    Jean never did it. It was a future Jean

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I don't think that they could be friends, no - i think that there can be a modicum of respect between them if written well, especially after Morrison's run, but I think that there has been too much bad blood between them ever since inception. Remember, even if the Dark Phoenix was not Jean, she still has all of her memories. Emma helped Mastermind mentally assault Jean to the point that she had a hysterical breakdown, and before that Jean had gone pretty hard to stop Emma when she was a member of Hellfire. After that Emma was the other woman in her affair with Scott, Jean dug her nails deep into Emma's memories, and the interactions between Ghost Jean and Emma were pretty savage. They got along when Jean was a teenager, but that was ~10 years ago. I think that there's too much bad blood from things done by both sides.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma admited it, sure I don't have it, but it happened. Emma was mean to Jean for the sake of being mean

I'm not. Only Emma fans like the solo
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

No.

Plenty of Jean fans like the solo. The one who hates it (solely because it showed Emma as something other than a hideous monster) is you. You're projecting so hard I could show movies on you.

OT: Friends? Not really. Jean would forgive Emma. Anyone who thinks otherwise has not read literally anything in her character history. But she would if Emma apologized. And Emma won't. Not to her.

They make good rivals, and competing teachers, but that's about it. That's why the Jeen solo worked so well. They don't WANT to be anywhere near each other. But they will work together to save people, and have a few jokes at each others expense. And that's fine.