View Poll Results: Can Jean & Emma Be Friends?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 43.38%
  • No

77 56.62%
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I think Jean would be open to it. Emma not much, but depending on the circumstances it could happen. I don't think they HAVE to though. I think the main reason so many people want for them to be friends is this kind of "WOMEN SHOULD STOP FIGHTING OVER MEN, BE FRIENDS INSTEAD!!!" idea, and I get why, but they're fine having more of a frenemy dynamic without being really close.

They can be colleagues they don't need to be friends. Even people I'm friendly with I don't consider friends. It's a job you don't have to see them 24/7.

Get the job done, move on.

In fact I have that all the X-Men have to be friends. There are several personalities that clash

IMO, I have to say no. Given their history, such a development would be virtually impossible.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I had learned something in my 22 years of life is that people rarely stay morally consistent.

There is always an anomaly.
    I live in a city with over a million inhabitants but, somehow, it's literally impossible to go out with someone without knowing one or two of their exes. Whether that person is your friend, schoolmate or co-worker. Literally. And you get to know some crazy **** that people do when it comes to relationships, thanks to that. The stuff you quoted is honestly just the tip of the iceberg. And don't get me started on stuff I hear from friends from other states.

This country is a land of sin and weirdness. That's why I could actually someone pulling stuff like Jean being friends with Emma. I've seen too much weird things at this point and I'm not even 30 yet.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 07-14-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I live in a city with over a million inhabitants but, somehow, it's literally impossible to go out with someone without knowing one or two of their exes. Whether that person is your friend, schoolmate or co-worker. Literally. And you get to know some crazy **** that people do when it comes to relationships, thanks to that. The stuff you quoted is honestly just the tip of the iceberg. And don't get me started on stuff I hear from friends from other states.

This country is a land of sin and weirdness. That's why I could actually someone pulling stuff like Jean being friends with Emma. I've seen too much weird things at this point and I'm not even 30 yet.
    I don't quite have the same expirience, but i definetly seen weird **** happening around here, stuff that you would find strange and off putting and that make you question everything that you know. We were born in sin
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

[QUOTE=Wiccan;4456001I think the main reason so many people want for them to be friends is this kind of "WOMEN SHOULD STOP FIGHTING OVER MEN, BE FRIENDS INSTEAD!!!" idea, [/QUOTE]

That's exactly it. And they should simply dump the men, all of them, while they're at it. #feminism and all that.

Given how much the X-Males dump on Gambit I'm surprised he's still friendly with any of them.

Same with Dazzler I was happy when she told Jean they weren't friends. It never made sense for everyone to be bffs

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I don't quite have the same expirience, but i definetly seen weird **** happening around here, stuff that you would find strange and off putting and that make you question everything that you know. We were born in sin
    The colonizers really did a number on us, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Given how much the X-Males dump on Gambit I'm surprised he's still friendly with any of them.
    I don't know how the relationship is now between Gambit and Wolverine, but in the 90s they were a cool tandem. There's a reason Marvel had those 2 steal the Batmobile from under Batman and Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I don't know how the relationship is now between Gambit and Wolverine, but in the 90s they were a cool tandem. There's a reason Marvel had those 2 steal the Batmobile from under Batman and Nightwing.
    Last time that i saw then interacting was at the end of Gambit solo in 2013 and they seemed to be cool with eacth other. Logan even thanked him for taking care of Laura better than him and say that he couldn't judge him from his mistakes.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think Jean would be open to it. Emma not much, but depending on the circumstances it could happen. I don't think they HAVE to though. I think the main reason so many people want for them to be friends is this kind of "WOMEN SHOULD STOP FIGHTING OVER MEN, BE FRIENDS INSTEAD!!!" idea, and I get why, but they're fine having more of a frenemy dynamic without being really close.
    They can not fight over men, but also no need to be friends.

people need some nuance

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

My experiences are very different. So I could never see Jean or Emma as friends

They don't even have anything in common
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-14-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Friends, psh.

The real question is if Jean and Emma can be lovers.

Jemma OTP. (Or would it be Emmean? Typing that out, probably Jemma)

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    My experiences are very different. So I could never see Jean or Emma as friends
    My experiences are very different but I can easily see the women working together and achieving shared successes.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They don't even have anything in common
    Lol they have SO MUCH in common it’s stupid.

Incredible Member

I didn't bother to vote because of the lack of nuance in the poll. Things shouldn't be black or white. It doesn't help the discussion in any way. For me, as I have stated in other threads, Jean and Emma shouldn't become best friends but their relationship should evolve past the initial feud. It would be a shame that in a comic book about evolution characters shouldn't be allowed to evolve!
    For me, Jean and Emma should come to a position of mutual acceptance and repect, of course always tinged with snark and witty remarks.
    They have much more in common than they will acknowledge, they have the same fierce, protective view of their students. They both love or loved Scott. They are both leaders of the mutant specie. Even if it is in different ways. They are much more than the Good girl/Bad girl cycle they've been playing for ages.
    The X-Men universe should be much more nuanced than that. But that's just my opinion.