View Poll Results: Can Jean & Emma Be Friends?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 43.38%
  • No

77 56.62%
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Friends? Lol

I just wanna see them duke it out one good time no powers. Like Scott and David. Can Jean even fight?

Emma beat the bricks off of Banshee and is fairly skilled in H2H combat. Maybe she can be adult Jean’s teacher in physical combat.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Emma beat the bricks off of Banshee and is fairly skilled in H2H combat. Maybe she can be adult Jean’s teacher in physical combat.
    I know that it's technically not canon but there was that time in First Class that Jean leeched martial arts prowess off of Misty Knight and Colleen Wing. She can do something like that.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Jean was married with Scott, I think she is pretty good on hand combat. I remember she doing very well on Morrison run

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

No.

Plenty of Jean fans like the solo. The one who hates it (solely because it showed Emma as something other than a hideous monster) is you. You're projecting so hard I could show movies on you.
    everytime Jean solo is RTed into my timeline is some Emma fan talking about them needing to be friends. I really don't see Jean fans posting or recomending the solo.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-14-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I know that it's technically not canon but there was that time in First Class that Jean leeched martial arts prowess off of Misty Knight and Colleen Wing. She can do something like that.
    Yeah Jean and Misty were roommates for like months, right? There’s no way she didn’t teach her something.

Ugh they’re telepathic ex-Club Queens. Sit em down for a tense game of chess.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    OT: Friends? Not really. Jean would forgive Emma. Anyone who thinks otherwise has not read literally anything in her character history. But she would if Emma apologized. And Emma won't. Not to her.

They make good rivals, and competing teachers, but that's about it. That's why the Jeen solo worked so well. They don't WANT to be anywhere near each other. But they will work together to save people, and have a few jokes at each others expense. And that's fine.
    All the jokes on jeen solo were at the expense of Jean

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean was married with Scott, I think she is pretty good on hand combat. I remember she doing very well on Morrison run

everytime Jean solo is RTed into my timeline is some Emma fan talking about them needing to be friends. I really don't see Jean fans posting or recomending the solo.
    There are plenty of us die hard Jean fans who loved the Jean solo. You know this. We posted about it in this very forum and even in the Jean thread. You can't erase people or things simply because you have a personal bias against it. It is wrong!

Anywho, you said Jean and Emma have nothing in common. Let us count the many ways...

Both love Scott, both are teachers, both are telepaths, both are pro-mutant rights, both have had connections to the Phoenix, both are X-men, both have "died", both have led the X-men, both been headmistresses of schools, both been good and "bad", both have been members of the hellfire club, share enemies (Cassandra Nova), both friends with Beast and Wolverine, etc.

So one cannot say they have nothing in common anymore. I guess you could say personality but that is just one item. I've given you many ways they are connected and all the things they share in common.

Check mate.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Being completely honest, I disliked the last parts of Jeen solo.
    I'm super tired of the worst moment on Jean and Scott story being treated like the only one and defining their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Being completely honest, I disliked the last parts of Jeen solo.
    I'm super tired of the worst moment on Jean and Scott story being treated like the only one and defining their relationship.
    That was your take away from the solo? It was about Jean Grey and her connection to the Phoenix but yet some of you are stuck on her relationship to Scott which was touched on in the one issue where they go into Emma's memories. I loved the part where they discuss Jean's nightmare was Emma's love story. It shows how two people can have a varied response to the same event (from different perspectives). But the relationship stuff was not what this book was about. It is kind of missing the forest for the trees to reduce the Jean solo that way. It was Teen Jean coming to face with her fear (the fear of the Phoenix and the cycle of death and rebirth). It set up some interesting things (like Jean defeating the Phoenix in the White Hot Room.. and being able to control it). We had the Phoenix state on panel why Jean Grey was the best host. So there was good stuff in there.

I know some Jean fans didn't like Ghost Jean's voice but I prefer it to Taylor's more passive Jean in X-men Red. I think Dennis Hopeless nailed Jean's voice and his take on the Phoenix was way better than Rosenberg's take.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    There are plenty of us die hard Jean fans who loved the Jean solo. You know this. We posted about it in this very forum and even in the Jean thread. You can't erase people or things simply because you have a personal bias against it. It is wrong!
    Still majority didn't liked how Hopeless wrote Jeen. I'm not erasing anyone, but the solo isn't a big success between fans

Anywho, you said Jean and Emma have nothing in common. Let us count the many ways...

Both love Scott, both are teachers, both are telepaths, both are pro-mutant rights, both have had connections to the Phoenix, both are X-men, both have "died", both have led the X-men, both been headmistresses of schools, both been good and "bad", both have been members of the hellfire club, share enemies (Cassandra Nova), both friends with Beast and Wolverine, etc.
    Wolverine isn't friends with Emma, all x-men usually have the same enemies, Jean wasn't a member of hellfire club she was brainwashed, Jean was never bad, Emma never had connection to phoenix.

Emma and Jean connecitions are the most weak ever.

So one cannot say they have nothing in common anymore. I guess you could say personality but that is just one item. I've given you many ways they are connected and all the things they share in common.

Check mate.
    I guess yes, they have little in common

Still majority didn't liked how Hopeless wrote Jeen. I'm not erasing anyone, but the solo isn't a big success between fans

Wolverine isn't friends with Emma, all x-men usually have the same enemies, Jean wasn't a member of hellfire club she was brainwashed, Jean was never bad, Emma never had connection to phoenix.

Wolverine is friends with Emma. He starred in the story where he goes up to her and tells her this. Written by Chris Yost

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I disagree.
    No, it wasn't about her relationship with Scott at all, not were her interactions with Emma any good to me, it was all about how great was how she screwed Jean, that is my take on it. Jeen's solo had no purpose and if ever had one, it was derailed for Phoenix resurrection. I liked it but the first issues were team up of the week and then Emma, then one briefly very vague Phoenix stuff that didn't even matter because it was phoenix resurrection what mattered and derailed this solo.

edit: sorry, not trying to bash Emma, but this is my take on this particular situation, not a popular one but mine.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-14-2019 at 04:09 PM.

No! Emma had an affair with her husband. They can NEVER be friends. I dont get the obsession on this board for that to happen

I'm not sure if you are correct, how do you come up with that the majority didn't like it? Maybe we need another poll LOL .

I returned to the X-men after a few years of not buying the books due to the Jean Grey and Iceman solos. Now, I wish the Phoenix stuff had been done different, but alas it is what it is (and again it was better than Rosenberg's handling of it).

My favorite part of the Jean solo was the parts with Emma. I guess it reminded me of the Morrison run which I admit I am a mega fan. I can recall years ago in the online fandom when it felt taboo to like more than one X-lady. On the message boards the fandoms always pitted against each other (we still do unfortunately). I know there are Jean fans who hate Emma and Emma fans who loathe Jean Grey. But I don't think these vocal minorities truly reflect the fandom. I think there are a lot of us who love both characters. Jean is my #1 favorite but Emma, Besty, and Storm are definitely in my ton 10 favorite X-men.

Women shouldn't be pitted against each other and especially over a man. Jean did fight Emma in the book and it was great because it gave Jean flaws. We all have flaws. But Jean also saved her life and realized Scott needed her. They have worked together since then (teen Jean, Ghost Jean..). I am sure they will eventually cross paths again. They may never be close friends, but I do think there is a level of respect between them.