View Poll Results: Can Jean & Emma Be Friends?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 43.38%
  • No

77 56.62%
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    BANNED

No, they are the Joan and Bette of the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    No X-Man can be friends with Emma. Period.
    Now that's just not true lol. Just through personality alone, Emma will have lots of friends in the X-Men, but she had some great friendships when she was the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Now that's just not true lol. Just through personality alone, Emma will have lots of friends in the X-Men, but she had some great friendships when she was the X-Men.
    Emma doesn't have big friendships on x-men and her personality is really awful to be friends

Incredible Member

I'm pretty sure Banshee and Emma are quite friendly. Iceman?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Emma got along with Beast too, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I'm pretty sure Banshee and Emma are quite friendly. Iceman?
    Allright, iceman and Banshee seems fair. Maybe Beast too

Incredible Member

Yeah, so that's some of the longest serving X-Men. So she's capable of being friends with quite a few of them, if she wants to. I think she's also respected by a number of others (and she herself has that kind of respect for them), most especially her students. Obviously respect and friendship aren't exactly the same but I guess close friendships can grow from that kind of mutual respect.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Allright, iceman and Banshee seems fair. Maybe Beast too
    notice that its all men. I feel she views other women as more of a threat and tends to be snarkiest with them

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Yeah, so that's some of the longest serving X-Men. So she's capable of being friends with quite a few of them, if she wants to. I think she's also respected by a number of others (and she herself has that kind of respect for them), most especially her students. Obviously respect and friendship aren't exactly the same but I guess close friendships can grow from that kind of mutual respect.
    I feel like most X-men dont respect her, but rather tolerated her, primarily bc of Cyclops.
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-01-2019 at 08:49 AM.

BANNED

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    notice that its all men. I feel she views other women as more of a threat and tends to be snarkiest with them

I feel like most X-men dont respect her, but rather tolerated her, primarily bc of Cyclops.
    Emma was reasonably nice to Polaris and Rogue. She became close to Rachel Grey after mentoring her. She even mentored Jeen and became close to her. She’s not friends with Storm but they mutually respect her a lot. She and Magik liked each other.

She was one of the mutant leaders during IvX. Magneto, Storm, and teen Beast all respected her.

Emma also was close to the Cuckoos before finding out they were her clones.

Emma has helped save Mutants and the XMen on multiple occasions.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 08-01-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Well Jean was the one that pushed Emma and Scott to have a relationship, saving Emma's life/bring her back to life, in order to make Scott happy.

Current Jean though isn't the same Phoenix Jean we had at the time, BUT current Jean does have memories now of Emma helping her train and hone her powers as a teenager that she didn't have before now that the O5 story has been wrapped up.

I could see them working together, but with a lot of snippy banter. A broken heart though can really drive someone mad though, and Emma having to watch Scott with her might just break her.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I

Emma was reasonably nice to Polaris and Rogue. She became close to Rachel Grey after mentoring her. She even mentored Jeen and became close to her. She’s not friends with Storm but they mutually respect her a lot. She and Magik liked each other.

She was one of the mutant leaders during IvX. Magneto, Storm, and teen Beast all respected her.

Emma also was close to the Cuckoos before finding out they were her clones.

Emma has helped save Mutants and the XMen on multiple occasions.
    What's your definition of close? The 05 are close, Emma did not have that type of relationship with Teen Jean or Magik. She did help Jeen train that one time but they didn't become friends. Last time we saw Magneto and Emma in the same book, Magneto was about to snap her neck, whatever respect he had for her is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Yeah, Emma has a problem with women. Specially the ones more powerful like Jean and Storm.

Emma was the stepmother of x-men

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBalls View Post
    Well Jean was the one that pushed Emma and Scott to have a relationship, saving Emma's life/bring her back to life, in order to make Scott happy.

Current Jean though isn't the same Phoenix Jean we had at the time, BUT current Jean does have memories now of Emma helping her train and hone her powers as a teenager that she didn't have before now that the O5 story has been wrapped up.

I could see them working together, but with a lot of snippy banter. A broken heart though can really drive someone mad though, and Emma having to watch Scott with her might just break her.
    Jean would save Emma anyway, if people think Jean only saved Emma because of Scott morrison totally failed jean character.

Just because Emma trained Jeen, it doesn't make them friends And Jeen also has bad memories of Emma
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-01-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Honestly, would you be pals with the woman who wrecked your marriage? I think not.

Even if that didn't happen, their personalities and morality doesn't match at all

I mean I don’t think it can happen, but I’d love to read them try. I’m really hoping to get some Jean and Emma moments. Part of the reason I love the X-Men is that it’s a soap opera with super hero stuff on the side. Gimme that drama baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Macallan View Post
    I mean I don’t think it can happen, but I’d love to read them try. I’m really hoping to get some Jean and Emma moments. Part of the reason I love the X-Men is that it’s a soap opera with super hero stuff on the side. Gimme that drama baby.
    Jean and Emma should go on a road trip mission (like Logan and Scott have done a couple of times), forced to work together for a couple of issues, just because the dialogue alone would be worth the price of buying the comic.