Default a small gripe about infinity war..

So I was behind in the marvel movies and just got around to watching Infinity War and I have a small gripe. The whole plot point of give me the stone or so and so dies was very over done. First we see it with Thor and Loki. Loki gives the stone to save Thor. The we see it again with Gammora and Nebula. Give me the location of the Soul stone or Nebula dies. Then we see it a third time with Stark and Strange. He give up the time stone to save Stark. Three times in one movie just seem like lazy writing to me. It was my only major problem with the movie.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    So I was behind in the marvel movies and just got around to watching Infinity War and I have a small gripe. The whole plot point of give me the stone or so and so dies was very over done. First we see it with Thor and Loki. Loki gives the stone to save Thor. The we see it again with Gammora and Nebula. Give me the location of the Soul stone or Nebula dies. Then we see it a third time with Stark and Strange. He give up the time stone to save Stark. Three times in one movie just seem like lazy writing to me. It was my only major problem with the movie.
    I never liked that trope when giving in means the villian will then kill millions or billions. "Give me the nuclear codes or so and so dies" Really why would someone about murder millions not kill you after you tell him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Loki was already under Thanos' thumb, and Strange only gave up the stone to ensure Thanos' defeat. The situation with Gamorra was the only one where only one other person was at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Loki was already under Thanos' thumb, and Strange only gave up the stone to ensure Thanos' defeat. The situation with Gamorra was the only one where only one other person was at risk.
    True, Strange said it was the only possibility out of millions that had a chance.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Agreed for the most part..

The movie is about getting the infinity stone...

First off they all had different reason and it was not always just to save one person...

Loki thought he could get close enough to Thanos to kill him

Strange - saw in his vision it was the only way ..

Gammora is the only one who gave it up and that was because she was watching her sister tortured.. kind of tough to do ...
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 07-15-2019 at 04:17 PM.