Default Battle Angel Alita VS Captain America (MCU)

Alita takes on the Cap.

Movie versions of both.

Who wins?

If the berserker body is too much, she gets her original salvaged body.

BTW, Alita is a FANTASTIC movie. Please watch if you haven’t.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Probably Alita.

She eats damage well and, while Panzer Kunst is not quite the ridiculous shenanigans it is the manga, it's still a pretty good fighting style.

Astonishing Member

Alita. At her weakest, with her first body she'd blitz him and she has the striking power to make him pay for it. Her second body is a curb stomp in her favour, Cap can't touch her.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 07-15-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Alita. At her weakest, with her first body she'd blitz him and she has the striking power to make him pay for it. Her second body is a curb stomp in her favour, Cap can't touch her.
    I'll freely admit, I was kind of checked out during the Alita film for a host of reasons but I don't recall Alita actually have speed feats that would make her able to blitz Cap.

Manga Alita, yeah, this isn't even a contest, but movie is muuuuch slower and weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'll freely admit, I was kind of checked out during the Alita film for a host of reasons but I don't recall Alita actually have speed feats that would make her able to blitz Cap.

Manga Alita, yeah, this isn't even a contest, but movie is muuuuch slower and weaker.
    There was the whole cutting a water drop in half thing at the end, but other than that, not much beyond typical back flippy nonsense.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    There was the whole cutting a water drop in half thing at the end, but other than that, not much beyond typical back flippy nonsense.
    You know you love back flippy nonsense.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Hollywood.

Martial Skill=How any backflips you do between punches

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Hey, some of my favourite wrestlers do heaps of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Hollywood.

Martial Skill=How any backflips you do between punches
    Exhibit A!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I don't really see that as a speed feat so much as an aesthetic scene to demonstrated the sharpness of the Damascus Blade. I am conflating it with the manga though, since the context was slightly different - in the movie she was cutting one of her tears IIRC, been a few months.

Anywho, her back-flippy nonsense does qualify her agility feats on the motorball track at the very least. Skating around at high speeds and tumbling through and braining cyborgs who have reconfigured their bodies, but yeah, nothing that really pushes explicitly beyond Cap in that department.

Dunking on that one truck-sized dude with the Motorball might be a decent show of strength, I suppose, but sometimes Cap can pull a helicopter and prevent it from taking off, other times Rumlow and GSP can take his shots. Cap's consistent high-level would probably be Ultron-Drone slapping then, so strength is probably a wash.

...I don't recall Panzer Kunst (hyperfrequency blows, etc) though I could be wrong. Movie Alita kinda just got by diving into things and improvising intuitively, and the Berserker body gave her the capability to use plasma jets, though the major fear was cutting not-Makkaku (G-Grewizcka? Bloody OVA adaptation...) apart.

Her agility makes tossing the shield not a great option, which means it'll come to hand to hand where they both have super special, enduring weapons, but Alita has the range advantage and a fighting style that could allow for more angles of attack.

I think the clincher might be that Alita can survive horrendous injuries that Cap can't, and still continue to fight. She can still strike precisely and at her level of strength while cut in half.

You feel we can't use the tear cutting feat for reaction/speed purposes?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

hm, suppose I'll retract that.

It doesn't seem particularly beyond what she was doing in the rest of the film, however.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Alita takes on the Cap.

Movie versions of both.

Who wins?

If the berserker body is too much, she gets her original salvaged body.
    I don't see him beating her Berserker self at all. Speed aside (I assume he didn't become speedblitzing capable when I wasn't looking), he'd have to deal her such a blow that would critically impair either her human brain willing the antimatter core heart powering whatever cyborg body parts she has to attack him with, or the heart itself.

Maybe he could pull that off against her unarmed, Iron City replacement body always aiming for her vitals unlike Grewishka.

But he wouldn't against the her that by movie end can willingly regenerate her cyborg body from stabbing wounds, fully remembers has at the very least elite soldier appropriate melee fighting skills (Nova and Chiren showed they were more but I guess that's more for the fingers crossed sequels) and has fought melee/bladed/ranged weapon users all her life as far as his own weapon choice, since he shouldn't want to part with also his best defense and she herself has a weapon he wouldn't want to be hit by even glancingly in an unshielded area, especially because she'd probably plasma charge it at fight start and never turn it off.

So I wonder if some incarnation of Batman could fare better, assuming gas attacks can affect her beforehand.

BTW, Alita is a FANTASTIC movie. Please watch if you haven’t.
    I'll happily watch her fighting Nova Dr. Willying a John Wickful amount of Boss cyborgs at her in Act 2 if that's what it's going to take.

And read the manga sometime whether or not.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

You feel we can't use the tear cutting feat for reaction/speed purposes?
    Honestly, it's a decent precision feat, but the tear was only moving at the speed of a drop of water moving through an atmosphere for a few feet, accelerating at the rate of gravity.