Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dr. Ivo Robotnik (Sonic) VS Dr. Wily (Megaman)

Both get a year of prep.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

which version of robotnik we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    which version of robotnik we talking about?
    The one with the Egg carrier: https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Egg_Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    The one with the Egg carrier: https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Egg_Carrier
    so game, archie or anime?

so game, archie or anime?
    The one from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    The one from the game.
    so game eggman.

hmmmmm. this makes it a bit hard to call.

Astonishing Member

...I can tell you who had the most difficult boss fights at least.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    ...I can tell you who had the most difficult boss fights at least.
    Taking into account Metal Sonic, do you think Robotnik could pull off making another Zero if he tried his hardest? How complicated is Metal Sonic compared to Zero? What would the two think of each others work if they studied it?
    Last edited by Kirika; 07-15-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Given prep presumably unhindered by Sonic, I would expect Eggman to show up with a completed Death Egg and all seven chaos emeralds powering its weapons (I'd almost consider them standard equip, given that he appears to just have them in at least two games). Wily's access to exotic power sources is a bit more game-specific and I doubt he could just go grab some more dark energy. Even without the emeralds though, the Death Egg on its own pretty much flash-melted most of a mountain, and it survived planetfall in working condition, which is goddamn amazing.

Wily's biggest strength seems to be AI programming and hacking, and hilariously, I think that might be absolutely useless here, since Eggman's bots are pretty much universally running on meatbrain cores. So viruses shouldn't be especially helpful. Eggman's generally pretty good at power-sucking whatever he comes across too, so if Wily DOES show up with something like Dark Energy going on, I'd favour Eggman coming up with a countermeasure to it before Wily would adapt to him. I suspect Wilybots tend to be physically stronger just 'cause they contend with Megaman, but I don't know that I think that will matter very much when Eggman can field bots that are comparatively much faster. In general, I think Wilybots have the advantage against MOST Eggman-bots, but that Wily doesn't have much by way of good solutions for Eggman's top stuff. Ultimately, I think it really comes down to the fact that Eggman, emeralds or no, can probably obliterate a skull fortress from orbit and not have to worry too much about botfights.

And at the end of the day, when all his bots and mechas are destroyed, Wily begs for mercy. Eggman has always had one more trick, and he's never been afraid to look his nemesis in the eye. I feel like that counts for something; at least that even if there's no obvious advantage, Eggman's the one who can go to the mat, get his hands dirty, that sort of thing.

Edit: Notably, while it's a bit hard to gauge the power of the Megabuster, Sonic regularly spindashes through 20+ feet of solid stone, barely slowing down, and Eggman's mechas take hits from him.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 07-16-2019 at 04:05 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Archie had them relatively equal. But since we're talking about game Eggman.....eh.....I might give it to Wily. I mean he has a robot master that can casually stop time. His devil class robots are no joke either. Especially if he outfits them with the gear system. And then there's Zero. He's a last resort kind of thing but if we count that, Eggman's toast.

Game Eggman? He shows up with at least one eldritch nightmare he found somewhere.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Game Eggman? He shows up with at least one eldritch nightmare he found somewhere.
    Yeah this too: Eggman is really good at working with magic and ****

I mean he has a robot master that can casually stop time.
    In a very limited range for a very limited subjective timeframe. There's again, nothing stopping Eggman from frying them from orbit at the bell. Even if we're too assume that someone like Flashman literally freezes the whole universe for everything but himself, he gets all of a dozen seconds or so to use only his own personal weapons before time unfreezes and he's reduced to slag. Eggman has access to weapons that, with even a single emerald, are capable of blowing a visible-from-Earth-sized chunk out of the moon. I'd count Zero on the weaker side of things Wily can field here; the virus itself might be useful if Eggman's bots didn't run on meat cores and Wily had any way of deploying it before Eggman obliterates him with emerald powered weapons (again, can't stress enough here that emeralds are pretty close to just being standard equip for the guy, as he has them by default in Sonic 1, 2, and 3) or summons a deity or something.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

now if this was prime robotnik, i'd back him easy. dude was scary when he had prep and was utterly serious.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Yeah this too: Eggman is really good at working with magic and ****

In a very limited range for a very limited subjective timeframe. There's again, nothing stopping Eggman from frying them from orbit at the bell. Even if we're too assume that someone like Flashman literally freezes the whole universe for everything but himself, he gets all of a dozen seconds or so to use only his own personal weapons before time unfreezes and he's reduced to slag. Eggman has access to weapons that, with even a single emerald, are capable of blowing a visible-from-Earth-sized chunk out of the moon. I'd count Zero on the weaker side of things Wily can field here; the virus itself might be useful if Eggman's bots didn't run on meat cores and Wily had any way of deploying it before Eggman obliterates him with emerald powered weapons (again, can't stress enough here that emeralds are pretty close to just being standard equip for the guy, as he has them by default in Sonic 1, 2, and 3) or summons a deity or something.
    It's still still impressive in the sense of "Oh hey, I built something that can CONTROL TIME." Plus Wily is the kind of guy to usually have safeguards in place. If Eggman nukes his base then he'll have a backup. If he doesn't have the foresight to build a shield out of Met armor or something. Also, his smaller bots seem to run on meat cores but his larger bots most certainly do not. If Wily can write a virus that can overcome even Sigma, I don't think Eggman will be a problem. Finally, he doesn't have the emeralds by default in any of the classic games. Sonic 3 actually starts out with Sonic in possession of all of them.

Speaking of the emeralds though....how does that work in prep time cases? They're an external force so would anyone be able to grab them?

now if this was prime robotnik, i'd back him easy. dude was scary when he had prep and was utterly serious.
    Archie Prime? Yeah, he didn't play. IDW Eggman is pretty terrifying too.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Didn't Eggman take control of a time devourer who was merging timelines together willy-nilly? IIRC, that was the first especially abomination that he hijacked who did the up getting loose and swatting him aside.