Fantastic Member

Default Just For Fun - Direct A Better JL Ending (Esp. for WW)...

Okay, I'm sure everyone would want here at least would have wanted to erase her poor treatment against Superman (especially considering Aquaman, Cyborg & Flash were there as well).

But how would you end it? People were clearly unhappy about it, and even Snyder's versions seems flawed.

My take would be Superman appearing and initially getting the upper hand on Steppenwolf until it proves that even if they match in strength, that he is clearly outclassed in terms of fighting ability. So WW, who is better fighter but is less durable than Superman, steps in and equalizes the fight for both of them, wounding Steppenwolf and making him want to escape to the boomtube. Superman and Wonder Woman follow him into the tube, and we don't know see what happens inside, but they are forcefully expelled backwards back to Earth, along with a dead green lantern that saves both WW and Superman because he presumbably shields them from the Omega blast, but it penetrates his green shield and hit him point blank. The boom tube closes and scene ends with the GL flying off to find Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    Okay, I'm sure everyone would want here at least would have wanted to erase her poor treatment against Superman (especially considering Aquaman, Cyborg & Flash were there as well).

But how would you end it? People were clearly unhappy about it, and even Snyder's versions seems flawed.

My take would be Superman appearing and initially getting the upper hand on Steppenwolf until it proves that even if they match in strength, that he is clearly outclassed in terms of fighting ability. So WW, who is better fighter but is less durable than Superman, steps in and equalizes the fight for both of them, wounding Steppenwolf and making him want to escape to the boomtube. Superman and Wonder Woman follow him into the tube, and we don't know see what happens inside, but they are forcefully expelled backwards back to Earth, along with a dead green lantern that saves both WW and Superman because he presumbably shields them from the Omega blast, but it penetrates his green shield and hit him point blank. The boom tube closes and scene ends with the GL flying off to find Hal Jordan.
    To me, the problem with the end combat with Steppenwolf is simple - no one could accomplish their assigned task without Superman not only helping, but showing them up. Time was important, so the team was split into several tasks, and yet Superman was present to assist on every single one of them.

Flash had to evacuate people, but Superman was also doing so and was doing it better.

Cyborg had to deal with the Mother Boxes, his only task in the movie pretty much, and yet he couldn't do it without Superman stepping in for him.

The others were fighting Steppenwolf, but the one line that made me never want to watch this movie ever again was when Superman, after having done Flash's job for him and Cyborg's job for him, shows up and says something to the effect of, 'This guy still giving you trouble?'

It was arrogant. It was demeaning. And it was totally unnecessary.

I have zero problem with Steppenwolf requiring a team effort to defeat, but that everyone but Superman is just stalling him until he can come in and save the day on every front was a slap in the face to every fan of those heroes.

If I were to direct that whole end sequence, I would do it in a manner similar to BvS and Doomsday - a team effort of those involved, each contributing equally and working together and not the rest of the team being helpless without Superman.

(I should note - I'm a huge Superman fan as well, but the JL film was so heavy handed in making the rest of the JL look like chumps just to make him look good that I can't bring myself to watch it past the point where Superman is resurrected)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    To me, the problem with the end combat with Steppenwolf is simple - no one could accomplish their assigned task without Superman not only helping, but showing them up. Time was important, so the team was split into several tasks, and yet Superman was present to assist on every single one of them.

Flash had to evacuate people, but Superman was also doing so and was doing it better.

Cyborg had to deal with the Mother Boxes, his only task in the movie pretty much, and yet he couldn't do it without Superman stepping in for him.

The others were fighting Steppenwolf, but the one line that made me never want to watch this movie ever again was when Superman, after having done Flash's job for him and Cyborg's job for him, shows up and says something to the effect of, 'This guy still giving you trouble?'

It was arrogant. It was demeaning. And it was totally unnecessary.

I have zero problem with Steppenwolf requiring a team effort to defeat, but that everyone but Superman is just stalling him until he can come in and save the day on every front was a slap in the face to every fan of those heroes.

If I were to direct that whole end sequence, I would do it in a manner similar to BvS and Doomsday - a team effort of those involved, each contributing equally and working together and not the rest of the team being helpless without Superman.

(I should note - I'm a huge Superman fan as well, but the JL film was so heavy handed in making the rest of the JL look like chumps just to make him look good that I can't bring myself to watch it past the point where Superman is resurrected)
    I had no problem with the role superman played in the movie! As a matter of fact I saw the movie twice!!

Spectacular Member

I gotta agree with Gaelforce, I had a similar issue after seeing the movie, not that it necessarily portrayed Superman as the most powerful member of the team, but left me wondering why we needed a team in the first place, since Superman seemed capable of handling the whole thing himself. Which is not the question I should be asking about a team movie.