Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Okay that makes more sense. But in an effort to ensure my brain is working.

Say I put 140 into the three.

I have 60 to split between core/skills ?
    No, if you drop the max (140) into your stats. That would leave you with 60 points to spend on skills only.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    No, if you drop the max (140) into your stats. That would leave you with 60 points to spend on skills only.
    Ah okay. Got it now. Sorry for the confusion !
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Name: Nanashi, Mayumi

Background: All but born into it, 'Nanashi' spent her childhood on the streets of Gridport before being found and taken in by the Yakuza. Through great pains, she has since proved that the choice to take her in, was not the mistake some had thought. Performing her given tasks efficiently, with as little (or as much) mess as required.

This ended up going to ****, however, after she was caught disposing of some 'unmentionables' by Gridport Police; and once in the chair she found herself faced with an ultimatum: work for them or be hung by them ... metaphorically of course. Ever practical, and seeing this as a chance at something more. Nanashi took it.

Physical description: Lithe, and oft appearing like a Geisha on a smoke break, "Nanashi" stands at a barely above average 165cm. Her raven hair is usually kept in either a single braid or a bun pierced by chopsticks; and she generally dresses casually (when not working) in jeans with a pack of cigarettes always poking out of the left back pocket, and a tanktop. Yakuza thru and thru, she is similarly adorned in Irezumi. Most notably, the Dragon on her back, and a Koi on her left arm/shoulder. It is also of some note, that she is missing the tip of her left pinky.

Temperament: In short. Nanashi is laid back, and otherwise friendly. Even in situations where she shouldn't be.

Theme(s): I Wish I Could Sleep - Nymano

Stat Block

Physicality 35
    Brutish: 15
    Acrobatic: 20

Precision 35
    Close Range: 30
    Long Range: 5

Mental 70
    Composure: 35
    Problem Solving: 35

Limit Breakers: 1

Skill List

Resistance to Pain (Mental, Composure) Basic +10
    Second Language: English (Mental, Problem Solving) Confident +20
    Melee Weapon Proficiency - Knives (Precision, Close Range) Intermediate +15
    Kung Fu - Judo (Physical, Brutishness) Intermediate +15
    Sleight of Hand (Precision, Close Range) Intermediate +15
    Freerunning (Physical, Acrobatics) Basic +10

Unique Power

Name: Shinryū, The Spirit Dragon

Description in game: The Dragon on Nanashi's back manifests briefly to protect its ward.

Effect: Once per rest period, Nanashi can get a +20 boost to her Brutish stat on either a single Attack or Defensive action by summoning her dragon spirit. The dragon assumes the form of a shield of translucent scale-mail on the defensive action and can strike at an opponent on the offensive one. The range of the dragon is no more than the length of Nanashi's arm.

Mob Reputation

Fear:
    Respect:

Police Reputation

Notoriety:
    Familiarity:
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 07-24-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Alright, a couple of questions for you Cthulhu.

1) Your backstory section must include how Nanashi came to be involved with mole operation.

2) Regarding your power, couple of things. For the defensive option; what form do you see the protection taking? Does it form a shield or something?

Also, I'm not sure I can give you the full +40 on either attack or defence for that level of flexibility. If you want to have both the attack and defensive options it would need to be a lower numerical buff.

Also, also you couldn't have it being capable of buffing Close Range Precision or Brutish as those stats are for very different things. I'd have to ask you to pick one.

I guess, what kind of thing are you looking for Nanashi to do/be good at and how does the power feed into that?

Alright, a couple of questions for you Cthulhu.

1) Your backstory section must include how Nanashi came to be involved with mole operation.
    No worries there, mainly wanted to get the skeleton up when I had the time for it, today. I'll add that in a moment.

2) Regarding your power, couple of things. For the defensive option; what form do you see the protection taking? Does it form a shield or something?
    A shield of a sort, yes.

I certainly wouldn't want it to block all things, but lessen the impact of, say, a round fired from a revolver certainly. Enough so that she's not dropped by it, say. Or say someone swings a sword at her/hits her with a car. She could catch the blade without it taking off her hand, or get up relatively quickly after getting hit ... but she's not walking away completely unharmed.

Also, I'm not sure I can give you the full +40 on either attack or defence for that level of flexibility. If you want to have both the attack and defensive options it would need to be a lower numerical buff.
    Also, no worries there ! Would +15 be alright ? Or would you be more comfortable with something lower ? I'd even be fine with extending the usability window depending on what you'd prefer.

Also, also you couldn't have it being capable of buffing Close Range Precision or Brutish as those stats are for very different things. I'd have to ask you to pick one.

I guess, what kind of thing are you looking for Nanashi to do/be good at and how does the power feed into that?
    Ah, simple enough fix. I wasn't sure where to slot the boost. Would make more sense for it to be a Brutish only, ability. She's definitely not looking to get into any kind of extended sort of thing though as far as it goes in that regard. Mainly this ability would, should she be 'up the creek' and forced to use it, hopefully buy time enough to attempt getting out of it. Either by landing a quick hit, or by blocking the initial 'whatever' and allow for an escape attempt/counter.

Of course that's not a guarantee.

Arx Inosaan

Sorry about the lateness, health problems in the family soured my mood in the last two days. I'll get my sheet done soon.

No worries there, mainly wanted to get the skeleton up when I had the time for it, today. I'll add that in a moment.
    Oho, so she's very much under duress. This will be a interesting addition to work with.

Also, your maths on your stats is way off.

Stat Block

Physicality 35
    Brutish: 25
    Acrobatic: 45

Precision 35
    Close Range: 55
    Long Range: 15

Mental 70
    Composure: 70
    Problem Solving: 70
    This is doesn't make sense and maybe I've not been expressing it correctly - each dominion can only equal the sum of it's two contributing aspects.

So, if your total Physicality score is 35 - then your Brutish and Acrobatic scores must combine together to equal 35. They are the constituent parts of that total 35. I'm not sure what your logic was here but you'll need to divide your stats appropriately.

A shield of a sort, yes.

I certainly wouldn't want it to block all things, but lessen the impact of, say, a round fired from a revolver certainly. Enough so that she's not dropped by it, say. Or say someone swings a sword at her/hits her with a car. She could catch the blade without it taking off her hand, or get up relatively quickly after getting hit ... but she's not walking away completely unharmed.
    Like a glow-y sort of thing? I'm mostly just trying to figure out how this would be presented in the fiction of the game world as this is by far the most demonstrative player power we've had so far. It's a slightly different feel than the more subtle powers on show here.

To be clear, I'm not saying you can't have it, I'm just wanting to know how it looks so I can have NPCs react correctly if and when they see it.

Further to that, what kind of range are you thinking on for the attack thing? You likened it to a Stand so that implies it has a further range than just what she herself can reach. Being able to have a remote attack thing is also pretty potent so we'd need to have strict limits on the range and utility of it.

The longer the range, the smaller the boost. If it was just within her arms length, I'd be happy with +20 but with the range involved that would have to go down to offset the ranged option.

Also, no worries there ! Would +15 be alright ? Or would you be more comfortable with something lower ? I'd even be fine with extending the usability window depending on what you'd prefer.

Ah, simple enough fix. I wasn't sure where to slot the boost. Would make more sense for it to be a Brutish only, ability. She's definitely not looking to get into any kind of extended sort of thing though as far as it goes in that regard. Mainly this ability would, should she be 'up the creek' and forced to use it, hopefully buy time enough to attempt getting out of it. Either by landing a quick hit, or by blocking the initial 'whatever' and allow for an escape attempt/counter.

Of course that's not a guarantee.
    Here's what I'm thinking if you want to keep the flexibility of the power, which I assume you do because it's a potent thing to have in your backpocket. If you fill in the TBCs below.

Once per rest period, Nanashi can get a +XX boost to her Brutish stat on either a single Attack or Defensive action by summoning her dragon spirit. The dragon assumes the form of a shield [exact look tbc] on the defensive action and can strike at an opponent on the offensive one. The range of the dragon is [tbc].

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Sorry about the lateness, health problems in the family soured my mood in the last two days. I'll get my sheet done soon.
    No worries man, take your time. Once we've got a stable of players, I'll do some small time workshopping via PM with people to set up a few bits and pieces based on backstories and specific gang/police ties so there is no rush on this.

This is doesn't make sense and maybe I've not been expressing it correctly - each dominion can only equal the sum of it's two contributing aspects.

So, if your total Physicality score is 35 - then your Brutish and Acrobatic scores must combine together to equal 35. They are the constituent parts of that total 35. I'm not sure what your logic was here but you'll need to divide your stats appropriately.
    Stat-wise, Cthulhu was going off of mine I believe. In that case, I edited my stats to reflect this clarification as well.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 07-19-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Feel free to join if you should wish!
    Considering it. I'll have a decision tomorrow. Thanks.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Stat-wise, Cthulhu was going off of mine I believe. In that case, I edited my stats to reflect this clarification as well.
    Well now I'm perturbed I overlooked it in your profile. I'll give everyone a once over before we actually start to make sure I haven't missed anything else.

Oho, so she's very much under duress. This will be a interesting addition to work with.
    Will be tricky, but I feel like it'll make things fun.

Essentially just followed what I saw on Sharp and Yun's sheets as far as the stats go. Assumed that was the way of things. Edited though !

Like a glow-y sort of thing? I'm mostly just trying to figure out how this would be presented in the fiction of the game world as this is by far the most demonstrative player power we've had so far. It's a slightly different feel than the more subtle powers on show here.

To be clear, I'm not saying you can't have it, I'm just wanting to know how it looks so I can have NPCs react correctly if and when they see it.
    Exactly a glow-y thing. If you're familiar with MK, it'd be like when Jax Briggs charges his fist up, it'd just be more ... dragon-y. So like a translucent scale-mail kinda deal ? Like so.

Further to that, what kind of range are you thinking on for the attack thing? You likened it to a Stand so that implies it has a further range than just what she herself can reach. Being able to have a remote attack thing is also pretty potent so we'd need to have strict limits on the range and utility of it.

The longer the range, the smaller the boost. If it was just within her arms length, I'd be happy with +20 but with the range involved that would have to go down to offset the ranged option.
    At max (assuming this levels with the character) honestly like ... an inch or two ? Not meant to be a long range thing, as far as the attack end of it goes.

Here's what I'm thinking if you want to keep the flexibility of the power, which I assume you do because it's a potent thing to have in your backpocket. If you fill in the TBCs below.

Once per rest period, Nanashi can get a +XX boost to her Brutish stat on either a single Attack or Defensive action by summoning her dragon spirit. The dragon assumes the form of a shield [exact look tbc] on the defensive action and can strike at an opponent on the offensive one. The range of the dragon is [tbc].
    Thoughts?
    Works for me. So here we go.

Description: The Dragon on Nanashi's back manifests briefly to protect its ward.

Effect: Once per rest period, Nanashi can get a +XX boost to her Brutish stat on either a single Attack or Defensive action by summoning her dragon spirit. The dragon assumes the form of a shield of translucent scale-mail on the defensive action and can strike at an opponent on the offensive one. The range of the dragon is no more than the length of Nanashi's arm.

Arx Inosaan

I expect her to declare "ryu ga wa teki wo kurau" whenever she uses this ability.

Essentially just followed what I saw on Sharp and Yun's sheets as far as the stats go. Assumed that was the way of things. Edited though !
    I will go over the other profiles in more detail ^_^

Exactly a glow-y thing. If you're familiar with MK, it'd be like when Jax Briggs charges his fist up, it'd just be more ... dragon-y. So like a translucent scale-mail kinda deal ? Like so.
    Okay, sounds good.

At max (assuming this levels with the character) honestly like ... an inch or two ? Not meant to be a long range thing, as far as the attack end of it goes.
    This power will not level up. Powers are static for the whole game. Your core stats will go up and you will learn new skills but the power will not change. If this changes your decision on what your power is, feel free to make changes.

Works for me. So here we go.

Description: The Dragon on Nanashi's back manifests briefly to protect its ward.

Effect: Once per rest period, Nanashi can get a +XX boost to her Brutish stat on either a single Attack or Defensive action by summoning her dragon spirit. The dragon assumes the form of a shield of translucent scale-mail on the defensive action and can strike at an opponent on the offensive one. The range of the dragon is no more than the length of Nanashi's arm.
    Cool, if that's what you want to go with assuming that the fact that it will not change doesn't change your decision, I can give you a +20 boost.

If you're happy with that, update your sheet accordingly.

Retired Overlord

Sandman will be here soon, Prepare for him!

...just gotta....survive my flight.