Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I rather like Yun's character profile. Lots of background!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Need one more person...
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'll post one up after work today.

If it looks like we're gonna hit the the roof, I'll just now outta the running.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I'll post one up after work today.

If it looks like we're gonna hit the the roof, I'll just now outta the running.
    I'd love to have you on board!

If there's still room, consider Cthulhu on-board.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    If there's still room, consider Cthulhu on-board.
    You are welcome as well!

Name: Paul Pulaski
    Background:

*Video Starts Recording*

A large smiling man dressed in orange prison clothes with his hands handcuffed together behind him is sitting at a table.

"Hello! Names Paul! Pleasure to meet you!"

There is silence for a few moments. Indistinct speech is heard from the background.

"What? Oh right! My history. Well, not much to say, grew up in a small, dying city in the Midwest, raised by my grandmother after my mother died of an overdose and Pop got ganked hustling pool, y'know pretty standard stuff.

"But I had a dream. A dream since I first watched The Princess Bride, you've seen that movie right?

*Indistinct Confirmation*

"It's a pretty good movie right?"

*Indistinct Affirmation*

"Right. Where was I? Oh right, my dream. I was going to move to Hollywood, and make it big. Be a real swashbuckler type, just like in those old movies by Errol Flynn. So I start practicing right? Get a job, get the money for fencing and acting lessons. And I'm pretty good, or at least that's what everyone tells me. And by everyone I mean my grandma."

"Anyhow I move to Hollywood right? And wouldn't y'knowit I get a job in the industry, first day! As a stunt double. In Leonida: Warrior Queen. That's me getting punched in the face in all those episodes by the by.

*Indistinct Interrogation*

"Yeah I was wearing a wig. Among other things..."

*Distinct Laughter*

"Anyhow. One day the director comes to me and hands me this big duffelbag, that smells kinda funny right? He says if I hold onto this for him for the next hour, hour and half or so, and he promises, on his mother, that he'll give me a part, a speaking part, in the next episode. I think that's swell, so I agree.

"Only it turns out the bag is full of drugs. Also theirs cops on the set, real cops not stage ones. Although in retrospect why there would be stage cops on a show about an ancient warrior queen is a bit of a puzzler. Also it turns out that this director, he's already sued his mother like twice. I know right? You'd think a big showbiz director would be a bit more honest, but it just goes to show that you never can tell."

"So I got to prison, nothing major, two years it'll be fine right? Well, as it turns out when you go to prison, the other prisoners also want you to hold on to things that you probably shouldn't. And then other other prisoners wanna hack you up and take it. But when you slice them up, you're looking at 15 to life."

Paul looks down at the table for a few moments before continuing.

"So ah, yeah, that role you're offering? I guess I'll be taking it."

Physical description: A tall well built Caucasian man in his twenties. Paul's alright looking, but in a thuggish way, not a Leading Man kind of way. Definitely no Cary Elwes

Temperament: Paul's pretty easy going, if a bit slow on the uptake. Though his stint in prison has hardened him tad, he's still not quite the best criminal material as of yet. He has, however, gotten very good about convincing people otherwise.

Stat Block
    You get 200 XP for character creation. These points have the following caveats for creation purposes.

1) 60 points must be allocated into your core stats at 20 points per dominion (Physical/Precision/Mental). You may choose how that 20 points plays out between the two aspects of the dominion but 20 points must go into each.

2) A further 40 - 80 points must be allocated to your core stats however you want. A minimum of 40 must be put into core and up to a maximum of 80 points. The most you can put into initial physical stats as a total is 140 XP.

This leaves you a maximum of 100 points to spend on skills or a minimum of 60 points.

Physicality 70
    Brutish: 35
    Acrobatic: 35

Precision 20
    Close Range: 10
    Long Range: 10

Mental 40
    Composure: 30
    Problem Solving: 10

Limit Breakers: 1

Skill List

Melee Weapon Proficiency [Physicality, Brutish]: Swords (Advanced, +35)
    Bluff [Mental, Composure]: (Confident, +20)
    Resistance To Pain [Mental, Composure]: (Basic, +10)
    Intimidate [Mental, Composure]: (Basic, +10)
    Free Running [Physicality, Acrobatic]: (Basic, +10)
    Kung Fu [Physicality, Brutish]: Wrestling (Basic, +10)

Unique Power
    Name: Fool's Luck
    Description in game: "Every once in a while, something happens and it looks like I should really be hurt. But I'm not."
    Effect: Once per day, when Paul would otherwise be hurt, he is either not hurt, or the damage is noticeably lessened. (Up to GM's discretion.)

Mob Reputation

This will be confirmed to by GM at game start.

Fear:
    Respect: 15

Police Reputation
    This will be confirmed to by GM at game start.

Notoriety: 20
    Familiarity: 10
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 07-20-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Looks like fun.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Love the style of your bio Ptrvc, looks like a fun chap to have in the squad! Maths checks out on his stats as well. A couple of questions about his power though:

Unique Power
    Name: Fool's Luck
    Description in game: "Every once in a while, something happens and it looks like I should really be hurt. But I'm not."
    Effect: Once per day, when Paul would otherwise be hurt, he is either not hurt, or the damage is noticeably lessened. (Up to GM's discretion.)
    While I'm fine with this in principle; how do you see this functioning mechanically in the game? Would you tell me you want to use it once he has been hurt already? Or do you need to set it up that he's activated it prior to the injury happening?

Both are... in theory fine, but I would need to know which you're intending to go with as it will effect how I treat the power as a mechanic.

Also, please add the following to your character sheet:

Mob Reputation
    Fear: 0
    Respect: 15

Police Reputation
    Notoriety: 20
    Familiarity: 10
    Other than that, looks like a solid addition to the cast! Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looks like fun.
    Feel free to join if you should wish!

Before, l suppose.

Before, l suppose.
    If you're happy with that, add that caveat to the power and you're good to go.

So just to make sure I'm understanding, before I slap up my profile.

The 200XP you get for stats is split between the primary three categories, and the six subcategories correct ?

Then the skills you select add a set number of XP to the secondaries ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Hm no. I think my brain just turned on. You put a minimum to maximum in primary, and then your skills determine the secondaries.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Hm no. I think my brain just turned on. You put a minimum to maximum in primary, and then your skills determine the secondaries.
    Not quite. Let me break it down to make sure you're going the right way.

Three core stat dominions: Physical/Precision/Mental

Within those three, two aspects each:

Physical: Brutish/Acrobatic
    Precision: Close Range/Long Range
    Mental: Composure/Problem Solving

60 points must go into those three, 20 each, but you can decide which aspect they go into.

You can then put up to a further 80 points maximum into which core stats you want, obviously selecting which aspect they go into.

Skills are contextual boosts to those stats. They add points to the aspects you need to reference when making a skill check.

You can take skills from the list, you can make up skills if you want. The XP cost of skills is listed on the first page.

Is that clear?

Okay that makes more sense. But in an effort to ensure my brain is working.

Say I put 140 into the three.

I have 60 to split between core/skills ?

Arx Inosaan