Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I freely admit that you're playing what I'd describe as a somewhat challenging build for the game.

However, I don't know about having issues getting in, I think Quirat has a lot to offer. Languages, measured temperament, potential police connections, knowledge of the legal system. She won't be able to get in just any gang... though... actually...

Hmm... there's a gang choice that is quite obviously "brick type characters would do well here," in the setting but I honestly think Quirat could take that route and use her contrast of being smart, measured and diplomatic rather than raging punch machine to get in well just as well.

Hmm...

Anyhow, there are options. Just because you're not making the hardest of rolls yet, doesn't mean you're going to struggle to access the main bulk of the campaign.
    Absolutely. I'm seriously fine with the idea of playing the kind of character I have here. I knew it would make for a very different experience. It's a matter of approach, as well.

And I'm not 100% sure I'm going to go for 'getting into any gang'. There is another choice, though that'll take a ridiculous amount of work. Still, it's a fun idea.

I'm just a leeeetle stumped by the fact that I've just realized I've massively weighted the character toward the social ability (which also requires Problem-Solving, sadly, or I would have put a ton more into Composure), and ended up with someone who can barely break 'Normal' difficulty and needs circumstantial stuff (which I CAN get, have ideas) for Moderate difficulty. This, because I had the wrong idea how stats work.

It's like making up someone who's supposed to be a Parkour and Martial Arts genius, weighting them tremendously toward that, and finding out they're barely good enough to make 'meh' YouTube videos. ^_^

I'll make do with what I have. ^_^ Could be a short game for me, or I could muddle along ineffectually for a long time, but this is the character I want to play.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Absolutely. I'm seriously fine with the idea of playing the kind of character I have here. I knew it would make for a very different experience. It's a matter of approach, as well.

And I'm not 100% sure I'm going to go for 'getting into any gang'. There is another choice, though that'll take a ridiculous amount of work. Still, it's a fun idea.

I'm just a leeeetle stumped by the fact that I've just realized I've massively weighted the character toward the social ability (which also requires Problem-Solving, sadly, or I would have put a ton more into Composure), and ended up with someone who can barely break 'Normal' difficulty and needs circumstantial stuff (which I CAN get, have ideas) for Moderate difficulty. This, because I had the wrong idea how stats work.

It's like making up someone who's supposed to be a Parkour and Martial Arts genius, weighting them tremendously toward that, and finding out they're barely good enough to make 'meh' YouTube videos. ^_^

I'll make do with what I have. ^_^ Could be a short game for me, or I could muddle along ineffectually for a long time, but this is the character I want to play.
    You can rejig your stats or skills if you wanna, just sayin'. Anything can change before game start!

Also, super glad I decided to be more generous with the stats than I initially planned.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-23-2019 at 07:13 AM.

You can rejig your stats or skills if you wanna, just sayin'. Anything can change before game start!

Also, super glad I decided to be more generous with the stats than I initially planned.
    I can't put more into my 'Social' stats - they're already maxed at 80. If I reduce my Precision more, it'll be utterly useless. My Physicality is minimal already.

Thought about boosting Composure, but the problem with that is my Empathy skill is dependant on Problem-Solving...and I require that skill to be at least decent, especially when a lot of characters are going to focus on Composure over Problem-Solving (NPC characters).

So, kind of stuck. Ineffectual will be my watch-word for a while. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I can't put more into my 'Social' stats - they're already maxed at 80. If I reduce my Precision more, it'll be utterly useless. My Physicality is minimal already.

Thought about boosting Composure, but the problem with that is my Empathy skill is dependant on Problem-Solving...and I require that skill to be at least decent, especially when a lot of characters are going to focus on Composure over Problem-Solving (NPC characters).

So, kind of stuck. Ineffectual will be my watch-word for a while. ^_^
    An air of being ineffectual will certainly help with people underestimating you.

Also, you could, if you were so inclined, team up with another cast member who covers your weaknesses. You don't have to, of course, but having some muscle to back up the soft power Quirat brings to the table might be worth considering.

Oh, I should add this into the game advice section.

An air of being ineffectual will certainly help with people underestimating you.

Also, you could, if you were so inclined, team up with another cast member who covers your weaknesses. You don't have to, of course, but having some muscle to back up the soft power Quirat brings to the table might be worth considering.

Oh, I should add this into the game advice section.
    I'll need some kind of bodyguard, but I'm going to shop around with the NPC's. And 'bodyguard' will be more 'keep me out of trouble' rather than 'kill my enemies'.
    Why are we here?

Retired Overlord

Editing profile with new and improved look.

Power Name: Cold Dead Eyes
    Description: Yin fixes a target with her coldest deadest stare like a creepy-creeper.(I can't one up this description so I'm keeping it nik)
    Effect: Once per rest period, Yin fixes a target in the eyes and gives them a cold glare that chills the soul. The target is rendered incapable of movement/action for one action [approx. three seconds realtime]. Additionally, Yin gains a +20 on a subsequent Intimidation attempt on this target.

So, that gives you the stunlock and the intimidate. I'm not mentioning the fact that the stunlock effectively acts as a free attack of opportunity in a combat situation because that's not strictly a function of the power, more an effect it can have. It's limited to one person, it's once per rest period and the boost is limited to +20.

Ladies and Gentleman
    Chinese Medusa-lite

Retired Overlord

I'm cool with it. We need to both be the same age, though, unless you've skipped a grade or been held back. If you're 26, you could also have been born after the school year began (ie, October to December).
    The latter seems like the best bet, I never settled on a birthday yet so an October one seems fitting.

I'll need some kind of bodyguard, but I'm going to shop around with the NPC's. And 'bodyguard' will be more 'keep me out of trouble' rather than 'kill my enemies'.
    Don't forget you have a school mate who can literally death stare people into pissing their pants and running away. Might be a partnership to consider if your out of options. *thumbs up*

Really, that kind of thing is useful for a bodyguard - stopping fights without getting in one. I shall consider it, if I run into you. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Just to note, my name needs a change in the link in the first post.
    Why are we here?

Just to note, my name needs a change in the link in the first post.
    I did that last night and it looks already changed to me?

...I didn't check this morning, just remembered from yesterday. Thanks, man.
    Why are we here?

Updated Nanashi's profile with a theme.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

When is cutoff?

Not really seeing us being close to starting right now, so....
    Why are we here?

Yeah, we're still open.