Mighty Member

Default Green Arrow solo series Roy Harper and Speedy...

1. What are the current plants with GA? I remember reading that Dan Didio the man who doesn't like sidekicks, said that Oliver would play an important role in the DCU which was I guess the reason that his solo series ended. Looking at the website Comicbookdb.com looks like in August Ollie's having a team-up with Green Lantern and I think he had an appearance in DCeased? Hopefully his solo series comes back sooner.

2. Roy Harper/Speedy- Yeah he's currently dead but I imagine he'll be back at some point, hopefully soon. I would say pair his Arsenal/Red Arrow with Oliver for a bit and then spin him off in his own series or a team book of some sort. It'd be cool to see him fly with Oliver for a little while though. Hasn't been since the Golden Age where we saw these two together on a consistent basis. When it comes to Speedy, revert Roy back to that, or bring back Mia Deardin who hasn't been used in 4 years, or have Emiko be Speedy. I just feel that, like Batman needs Robin, Green Arrow needs his Speedy.

I'd love to see Mia again. Or Emiko working with GA. For Roy, he should not be put back in a sidekick role at this point (once he's alive again, obviously), but a mini where he works with GA would be cool. Either now or in the past. I'd actually love anything that has those two have some positive interactions.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Oliver likely won’t get a new series (at the earliest) until Event: Leviathan is over, potentially even later than that depending on what DC has planned after.

It’s hard to say when Roy will be back. He might be brought back in E:L, the Flash Foward book or just pop up in the next reboot or large event.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'd love to see Mia again. Or Emiko working with GA. For Roy, he should not be put back in a sidekick role at this point (once he's alive again, obviously), but a mini where he works with GA would be cool. Either now or in the past. I'd actually love anything that has those two have some positive interactions.
    I think they should do a past story. There are afaik no modern (in this case "modern" means published post roughly 1970) stories that show their original partner ship.

Astonishing Member

With Percy no longer on Green Arrow, I know this is basically a pipe dream, but, personally, I'm still waiting on Connor Hawke's reemergence.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    With Percy no longer on Green Arrow, I know this is basically a pipe dream, but, personally, I'm still waiting on Connor Hawke's reemergence.
    I'd be good with that. Though I don't even know what ages the characters are anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think they should do a past story. There are afaik no modern (in this case "modern" means published post roughly 1970) stories that show their original partner ship.
    Does the Rebirth run flashbacks Ben Percy did count?
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I think it'll happen someday, just probably not as likely as it was when Percy planned for it.

Mighty Member

Yeah I'm glad to see Emiko Red Arrow being used in Teen Titans, and there's been an appearance by GA in Leviathon too. It'll be cool to see how and when Roy comes back.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

We need Ollie, Connor and Roy back ASAP.
    Ollie and Connor as a team and Roy as Arsenal (not the baseball cap wearing version thanks) working as a higher-up in a government department like Checkmate or ARGUS - AND a single dad!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mighty Member

One character which you forgot: ARROWETTE!

She is the one who will most likely come back, because YJ is back together.

I hope that Mia,Lian and Roy come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    One character which you forgot: ARROWETTE!

She is the one who will most likely come back, because YJ is back together.

I hope that Mia,Lian and Roy come back.
    I adore Arrowette, but I don't think she needs any connection to Ollie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I adore Arrowette, but I don't think she needs any connection to Ollie.
    Yeah, besides I think the point with Cissie is she got to retire and live a happily life, so not something we would want to upset by putting her in a costume again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, besides I think the point with Cissie is she got to retire and live a happily life, so not something we would want to upset by putting her in a costume again.
    I like her retiring and having a life she likes. I just wish she'd gotten to have that moment, where she can trust herself to pick up a bow. As far I know, (at least last I saw her), she was still in "freeze up" territory and believing herself to be villain-material if she continued. I don't care for that.