Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Dream Comics/Titles?

If you could have your own dream title with existing DC characters or teams, what would it be?

Robins:
    Book starring Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian.

Flash (WALLY West OG).

Flash family:
    Jay, Barry, Wally, Bart, etc.

Zatanna 12-issue maxi series.

Captain Atom 12-issue maxi series.

Alfred 12-issue maxi series during his S.A.S. days.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

The Flash: Wally West. Written by Josh Williamson. Art by Christian Duce.
    I really liked this team on the Flash annual and I think Williamson writes a pretty good Wally.

Supergirl: Linda Danvers. Written by James Tynion.
    I liked his writing on Detective and JLD. He can write dark magic stuff but has a lighter side as well. Not sure about the artist. Someone who can draw the dark demon scenes but also someone who can draw the more lighter stuff.

Superman series written by Dan Jurgens. Art by Dan Jurgen and others.
    The Triangle years, 90's Superman are still one of the best written comics out there. And his Action Rebirth run shows he still got it.

Titans. The fab five as well as Omen, Kyle Rayner and Connor Hawke. Written by Robert Venditti. Art by Paul Pelliter. I think Venditti did a good job on Hal Jordan ATGLC as far as balancing out different heroes and giving them defined personalities. As well as showing them have a fun interaction. He also wrote them fighting against big bombastic threats which the Titans need and deserve as they are A level heroes. Despite what the last series tried to tell us.

Robin: Tim Drake. Written by Peter Tomasi. Art by Howard Porter. I think Tomasi is a solid writer especially when it comes to the Bat fam. Don't really remember him writing Tim but I'd like to see him take a Crack at it. Porter brings that light feel to a teenage book that Tim needs.

Zatanna. Written by Josh Williamson. Art by Rafeal Sandoval. Williamson could write good thrillers and horror which is a side of magic books as JLD has shown. His work on Nailbiter is evidence that he knows how to write this material. Sandoval is a great artist but has a bit of a out there but epic feel which would work for Zatanna have big adventures with strange demons.

Impulse. Written by Bendis. With a strict editor. Art by ?. Bendis writes ALL his characters with a cutesy, sarcastic sense of humor. Which is a problem but does work for Impulse. His writing of Bart in YJ is so good to see. The first time Bart has sounded like his, one of a kind, fun self in almost 20 years.

Firestorm. Ronnie/Prof Stein. Written by Kyle Higgins. Art by Jack Herbert. Higgins writes young heroes well with his material on Nighting and Power Rangers. The PR also has that sci fi aspect. Herbert is an amazing artist. I would use him for an event as well but his detailed art would also work for the cool powers and feats that Firestorm has.

There are more but these are just a couple I would love to see.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The new supersons movies,written by tomasi, snyder or morrison. Essentially, (10 year old) jon kent and Damian wayne hit the road with chaperone dick grayson and guest stars appearances each issue or arc. Guests include the greatest green lantern ever-guy gardener, red hood,etrigan, question, wally west.. Etc. This will be like new scooby doo movies. Main cast may increase in size. This will be wierd and upbeat adventures with a little bit of world's finest bashing in the vain of the original silver age supersons book.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    The Flash: Wally West. Written by Josh Williamson. Art by Christian Duce.
    I really liked this team on the Flash annual and I think Williamson writes a pretty good Wally.

Supergirl: Linda Danvers. Written by James Tynion.
    I liked his writing on Detective and JLD. He can write dark magic stuff but has a lighter side as well. Not sure about the artist. Someone who can draw the dark demon scenes but also someone who can draw the more lighter stuff.

Superman series written by Dan Jurgens. Art by Dan Jurgen and others.
    The Triangle years, 90's Superman are still one of the best written comics out there. And his Action Rebirth run shows he still got it.

Titans. The fab five as well as Omen, Kyle Rayner and Connor Hawke. Written by Robert Venditti. Art by Paul Pelliter. I think Venditti did a good job on Hal Jordan ATGLC as far as balancing out different heroes and giving them defined personalities. As well as showing them have a fun interaction. He also wrote them fighting against big bombastic threats which the Titans need and deserve as they are A level heroes. Despite what the last series tried to tell us.

Robin: Tim Drake. Written by Peter Tomasi. Art by Howard Porter. I think Tomasi is a solid writer especially when it comes to the Bat fam. Don't really remember him writing Tim but I'd like to see him take a Crack at it. Porter brings that light feel to a teenage book that Tim needs.

Zatanna. Written by Josh Williamson. Art by Rafeal Sandoval. Williamson could write good thrillers and horror which is a side of magic books as JLD has shown. His work on Nailbiter is evidence that he knows how to write this material. Sandoval is a great artist but has a bit of a out there but epic feel which would work for Zatanna have big adventures with strange demons.

Impulse. Written by Bendis. With a strict editor. Art by ?. Bendis writes ALL his characters with a cutesy, sarcastic sense of humor. Which is a problem but does work for Impulse. His writing of Bart in YJ is so good to see. The first time Bart has sounded like his, one of a kind, fun self in almost 20 years.

Firestorm. Ronnie/Prof Stein. Written by Kyle Higgins. Art by Jack Herbert. Higgins writes young heroes well with his material on Nighting and Power Rangers. The PR also has that sci fi aspect. Herbert is an amazing artist. I would use him for an event as well but his detailed art would also work for the cool powers and feats that Firestorm has.

There are more but these are just a couple I would love to see.
    I would buy everyone of these titles.

SIGNAL/Duke Thomas 6 issue mini - I feel like making his debut solo 3 issues was a mistake and left the character feeling half formed. I would love for them to give Duke a proper outing. I would want a different creative team on it and a suit redesign (I am not a fan of the bat of his face), off top David F. Walker, with Dexter Soy and Veronica Gandini on art/color
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Seven Soldiers of Victory featuring the original GA characters - An annual min-series where prologue, epilogue, and each character get an issue. Obviously trade reprints of each year's stories will happen.

One writer (or team), Same artist for beginning and end and different artists for each other part. And a single cover artist for every issue.

Steel 12 issue Black Label maxiseries.
    Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen
    Earth One Black Lightning volume one
    Lois Lane Year One
    Wonder Woman vs The Legion of Doom 100 Page Spectacular!
    Gorilla Grodd OGN

Morrison and Seth Fisher or Cliff Chiang on Dr. Fate maxi-series.
    Azz and Shalvey on The Question ongoing.

I'd also like to see Orphan break out from the Batfamily a little bit.

This comment has been screencapped and archived on my hard drive.

Fantastic Member

An All-Star Squadron ongoing written by Roy Thomas and illustrated by Jerry Ordway.

Lots of good suggestions.

My dream comics

Calling All Robins #1 by Dini and Nguyen

Kingdom Come #1 by Waid and Kitson/Ross
    Set in that “mythology”
    New Frontier #1 by Palmiotti and Conner/Manapul
    Set in the 60s

Batman ‘72 #1 by Brubaker and Francavella

Commissioner Gordon #1 by Bru and Sean Phillips and team

Black Bat #1 by Puckett and Damion Scott

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

The Flash: Fastest Man Alive - Starring a somewhat aged up Wally, his wife Linda, and their twins (somewhere in the toddler to 5 years old range with NO AGING UP) - Waid as writer
    All-Star Squadron - WWII era, Classic Earth 2 - Thomas/Ordway
    JSA Infinity - Modern Era, Earth 2 - Johns as writer
    Sandman Mystery Theater - Alternating arcs with period arcs starring the original Sandman and modern arcs starring Sand - Writer TBD
    Legends of Tomorrow/Quantum Leap/Exiles style mini-series with option to go ongoing - Righting what once went wrong across Hypertime - Val-Zod, Fury from Young All-Stars, Skyman (Pemberton), Max Mercury, the Dibneys, Dragonmage - Writer TBD

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    If you could have your own dream title with existing DC characters or teams, what would it be?
    Definitely a Vixen ongoing book. Mari Jiwe McCabe is a supermodel, a businesswoman, a philanthropist, a billionaire, an animal rights activist and an Animal Master, able to mimic the abilities, senses and wisdom of any living, extinct or mythical animal. And since humans are animals, Vixen might be able to mimic the genius-level intelligence of Mr. Terrific, Batman and Lex Luthor...all at once, if she wanted (since she can combine abilities).

How she has not had a published ongoing solo book since 1978 is beyond me. Vixen is a gold mine, and DC Comics is wasting her potential.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Definitely a Vixen ongoing book. Mari Jiwe McCabe is a supermodel, a businesswoman, a philanthropist, a billionaire, an animal rights activist and an Animal Master, able to mimic the abilities, senses and wisdom of any living, extinct or mythical animal. And since humans are animals, Vixen might be able to mimic the genius-level intelligence of Mr. Terrific, Batman and Lex Luthor...all at once, if she wanted (since she can combine abilities).

How she has not had a published ongoing solo book since 1978 is beyond me. Vixen is a gold mine, and DC Comics is wasting her potential.
    I've been a big fan since her JL Detroit days, but especially during her time with the Suicide Squad. I say keep Animal Man in Black Label (in his classic uniform instead of the New 52 eye sore), and have Mari be out mainstream user of animal abilities. Once they have an ongoing again, I think she'd make a great "modern hero" addition to the JSA.

Interesting question... A few answers...

1. Wonder Woman: Twelve Labors (12-issue maxi series) - Diana is challenged (and coerced) by a well-know DCU character to achieve twelve labors in the modern DCU... but what sinister force is manipulating the challenges behind the scenes and which heroes and villains will stand in her way.

2. Outsiders (ongoing) - Sapphire Stagg founds and finances a team of Outsiders to find her love and thwart her father’s plans, but discovers a secret underworld currently unknown to DCU “typs” (aka typicals.) Stars: Frankenstein, the Bride, Creeper, Looker, Man-Bat, Black Orchid, Element Woman, and several other characters.

3. Nightwing & Flamebird (ongoing) - Dick Grayson and Bette Kane’s adventures in Gotham and... Metropolis?