Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    She did had a thing with Velocidad, had the hots for Namor, and never showed any interest in any woman whatsoever. Granted, she could be bi, but no more than any other character could. That said, my problem with the pairing would be less "Hope discovers she's bi"", because sexuality can be fluid, but because it would be simply happen due to Rosenberg ignoring the character background and history rather than any realization or development; he's already ignoring it when writing her as a teen Frank Castle.
    Not how sexuality works. She’s only shown interest in two guys, but that doesn’t exclude her from being bisexual. If she concretely said “I’m straight” like Dani did, then that’s another issue. Also we don’t know that she isn’t attracted to women and just because she hasn’t so far doesn’t mean she isn’t.

I thought I was straight when I was Hope's age too.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Also, lesbehonest, it'd be perfectly in Hope's character to not give a **** about gender or sex. Remotely.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

If Hope's straight then it's because of the phallocentric gun culture she was raised in and then the one she came to. Even in the future, the NRA is taking mutant dollars.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Keeping in mind that Hope is one step away from being a villain, I would prefer that she was not LGTB. More heroic representatives are needed, not like Mystique or Daken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I thought I was straight when I was Hope's age too.
    A lot of pople thought they were

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Not how sexuality works. She’s only shown interest in two guys, but that doesn’t exclude her from being bisexual. If she concretely said “I’m straight” like Dani did, then that’s another issue. Also we don’t know that she isn’t attracted to women and just because she hasn’t so far doesn’t mean she isn’t.
    Like I said, that literally could apply to any character, and again, my problem would not be she realizing she's bi.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Keeping in mind that Hope is one step away from being a villain, I would prefer that she was not LGTB. More heroic representatives are needed, not like Mystique or Daken.
    Like I said before, that's one of the reasons why I would support Magik (one of the few characters that isn't established as straight, bi or gay) being made bi is that, as of right now, every bi character we have in the X-books is evil (well, I suppose there's prodigy, but he's not really a big name, hasn't been on the X-books for at least a decade and was outed outside of them).
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 07-15-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Personally i wish that Black Cat is finally confirmed as bi in her new solo, i have been waiting for that since DeFalco's Spider-Girl.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I'm basing my belief on their interactions as well. Even though he cut out the relationships, it looks like he left some Dani/Scott moments.
    two straight people hug and talk: shipping

two characters with no defined sexuality: but they are straight

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

It was less the hug and more the hilarious reactions of the rest of the NM that sealed the shipping (that and the fact that Scott was shirtless).

I think in this case though the first is more like: Cyclops and woman/Wolverine: shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It was less the hug and more the hilarious reactions of the rest of the NM that sealed the shipping (that and the fact that Scott was shirtless).
    what hilarious reacting? scott being shirtless doesn't make it shipping
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-15-2019 at 09:32 AM.

I never said that, so go cry somewhere else. I think the Emma Frost appreciation thread could use some salt.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-15-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Dude please, people ship 2 characters just for standing in the same frame, regardless of how much sense it makes.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

It makes me nervous the Larroca's Logan that more than body hair seems to have a skin disease.
    Rug burn from... Er... He's probably burnt from Sinister's energy blasts or somesuch.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'